Miami night club news from the source

Drake says, "THE DAVID GUETTA STUFF DOESN'T WORK"

Night clubs, bars, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby LeVeL on 23 Apr 2012 15:01

Drake says, "THE DAVID GUETTA STUFF DOESN'T WORK"

Source:LINK

While many a US rap megastar has turned to the likes of David Guetta to help revive their career, it doesn't look like Drake will be following suit.

During an interview with NME (via MixMag), the Young Money rapper said that he has no interest in making “David Guetta stuff" because it isn’t true to his artistry.

“For me, the David Guetta stuff just doesn't work. I don't really wanna go there,” he said. “There's other artists, that's their sound. They feel in order to thrive internationally that they gotta do straightforward, four to the floor, David Guetta, Pitbull music."

He says that he’d rather collaborate with someone like Jamie xx, who worked on the title track for Take Care. “For me, I'd rather go to somebody like Jamie xx and tell him, 'Look, I really wanna turn the club upside down, but I wanna do it with integrity, with soul."
LeVeL

These DJs Ain't Loyal'

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 23 Apr 2012 15:28

Re: Drake says, "THE DAVID GUETTA STUFF DOESN'T WORK"

I still have no idea why this guy is so popular... Bashing Guetta is just stupid, you can have your cake and eat it to. Just work with both. Someone get this guy a manager.
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby LeVeL on 23 Apr 2012 15:36

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:I still have no idea why this guy is so popular... Bashing Guetta is just stupid, you can have your cake and eat it to. Just work with both. Someone get this guy a manager.

He's the hottest rapper next to Rick Ross. The guy can sing R&B and can Rap, plus he is a member of Cash Money Records/Young Money.

The top guys are staying away from being featured on Dance tracks actually, they understand its a fad. This can cause other artist to stop working with Dance Music acts, just like Jay-Z bashing auto-tune caused for it to stop being used so so frequently on tracks.
LeVeL

These DJs Ain't Loyal'

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 23 Apr 2012 17:04

Well I'm not sure Guetta's dance music is a fad, but stuff like Dead Mouse and Skrillex are doomed.
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby colione98 on 23 Apr 2012 19:34

LeVeL wrote:
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:I still have no idea why this guy is so popular... Bashing Guetta is just stupid, you can have your cake and eat it to. Just work with both. Someone get this guy a manager.

He's the hottest rapper next to Rick Ross. The guy can sing R&B and can Rap, plus he is a member of Cash Money Records/Young Money.

The top guys are staying away from being featured on Dance tracks actually, they understand its a fad. This can cause other artist to stop working with Dance Music acts, just like Jay-Z bashing auto-tune caused for it to stop being used so so frequently on tracks.

Level, some people will just not get it and it's similar to what we talked about regarding pete tong.

He is not bashing anyone, he is simply stating that there is not a need to go into that direction. It doesn't suit his integrity. He is not a follower, not a sheep. He is a rapper, not a dance rapper.

Just like certain djs don't play commercial and they don't have to- just cause someone else thinks its the best way to make money or for them to become more popular. It's an individual preference and he is not trying to persuade us otherwise and he doesn't need a manager to get him on that train.

Bottom line.
Its not his thing, and its not part of or true to his artistry. He wasn't built on that. No, don't do both. It doesn't have to always work like that. People are always so imposing sometimes and its really frustrating. Let people do their thing... Congratulate the guy for being happy with himself and his work.
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Postby trogers on 23 Apr 2012 19:45

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:Well I'm not sure Guetta's dance music is a fad, but stuff like Dead Mouse and Skrillex are doomed.

deadmau5 is a producing machine who has dabbled in most genres.... guetta has 1 sound its always been the same
trogers

Postby Mattivi on 23 Apr 2012 22:39

colione98 wrote:
LeVeL wrote:

Level, some people will just not get it and it's similar to what we talked about regarding pete tong.

He is not bashing anyone, he is simply stating that there is not a need to go into that direction. It doesn't suit his integrity. He is not a follower, not a sheep. He is a rapper, not a dance rapper.

Just like certain djs don't play commercial and they don't have to- just cause someone else thinks its the best way to make money or for them to become more popular. It's an individual preference and he is not trying to persuade us otherwise and he doesn't need a manager to get him on that train.

Bottom line.
Its not his thing, and its not part of or true to his artistry. He wasn't built on that. No, don't do both. It doesn't have to always work like that. People are always so imposing sometimes and its really frustrating. Let people do their thing... Congratulate the guy for being happy with himself and his work.

Bingo. Very nice post. More to life than just money and this guy is still getting plenty of that while keeping it real. Gotta respect that.
Mattivi

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
Voltaire

Postby STICKY-ICKY on 23 Apr 2012 22:49

I don't like Drake's music but I agree with him 100%.......doing tracks with Jamie XX makes him digestible to the underground...he's looking for the sound of tomorrow...

Guetta is the sound of yesterday...
STICKY-ICKY

Postby benm3 on 23 Apr 2012 23:20

He's saying he doesn't see his style working with the new "hip house" craze... didn't seem like he was bashing it, just making it clear it was not a bandwagon he was ready to jump on... no problem with that.
benm3

Postby Lyrik on 23 Apr 2012 23:35

benm3 wrote:the new "hip house" craze.

I never made that distinction...I loooove old hip house and grew up on that and though they are adding dance EDM to hip hop tracks a lot now I think it pulls the hip hop further away from itself where the hip house sound back then was clearly more swayed in the opposite direction and just made that shit funky. I play a ton of hip hop sampled house...none it sounds like the new commericial EDM fusions going on.
Lyrik

Purpose of your visit?: To rape the horses and ride off on the women [and to prune the hedges of many small villages].

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife