Page 1 of 1

Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018 14:49
by Wayne S. Noches
Construction is underway on Washington Squared, one of the biggest redevelopment projects ever on Washington Avenue in South Beach.

The project will include:

312 micro-hotel rooms
46,849 square feet of retail
Restaurant
258 car garage
Live performance space

Photos

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018 20:58
by Kamen
WalMart finally makes it to South Beach.

South Beach is officially over and done. It's fucking dead.

The grim reaper has come for nightlife on Miami Beach.

My opinion is that a lot of the nightlife complaints against Ocean Drive businesses, and the rest of the beach for that matter, are backed by assholes linked to this project.

Make no mistake, this is a fundamentalist christian invasion of the sin filled hell that South Beach once was but will never be again.

This is probably why the Mayor and politicians have been trying to outlaw any form of fun on the beach. WalMart knows how to spread money around and knows politicians can usually be bought cheap. Be on the lookout for city officials driving new cars or wearing a new Rolex.

Someone who isn't corruptible should investigate this.

That's my humble opinion.

I have been known to be somewhat right about a few things going on around here though, haven't I?

"Bank of the Ozarks", which provided 90 million in financing for this project, is owned/controlled by members of the Walton family and is often used to promote their interests and agenda.

I guess it's time to buy a damned retirement home over by where Dad lives in boring ass Naples because Naples will soon be more exciting than South Beach.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018 21:04
by JMT
Kamen wrote:I have been known to be somewhat right about a few things going on around here though, haven't I?


Yes, you have.

I think the kids are all about Siesta Key these days, though.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018 13:45
by pod
Kamen wrote:WalMart finally makes it to South Beach.

South Beach is officially over and done. It's fucking dead.

The grim reaper has come for nightlife on Miami Beach.



From what someone once said on here, this is exactly what the residents want. They don't want clubs anymore. They want shops, "cultural activities", and 2 AM closing times.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 08:54
by LeVeL
pod wrote:
From what someone once said on here, this is exactly what the residents want. They don't want clubs anymore. They want shops, "cultural activities", and 2 AM closing times.


Unfortunately it is not what the real locals want. Its what the folks that have migrated to South Beach in the last 5 to 10 years want.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 13:35
by pod
The OG locals have moved elsewhere, or (sadly) have passed away.

The new arrivals are New Yorkers and Californians that want everything handed to them.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 14:23
by LeVeL
pod wrote:The OG locals have moved elsewhere, or (sadly) have passed away.

The new arrivals are New Yorkers and Californians that want everything handed to them.


I knew you couldn't control yourself from insulting liberals.

But, most of the people that I have run into that live in South Beach are transplants from Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois and Michigan.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 14:43
by pod
Where did I insult liberals? I just mentioned their places of origin.

That being said, I don't see many Midwest types gravitating towards the Beach - it's too expensive and the returns are dubious. To be honest, regardless of your politics, I see a South Florida exodus happening soon. Cost of living is climbing.

I know we're leaving as soon as our situation permits.

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 15:13
by LeVeL
I don't see myself ever leaving South Florida. Real Estate prices go up and down

I guess you will blend in just right in Trump Country :lol:

Re: Washington Avenue

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018 15:26
by pod
LeVeL wrote:I don't see myself ever leaving South Florida. Real Estate prices go up and down

I guess you will blend in just right in Trump Country :lol:


Yeah those Trump supporters are gonna love a mixed-race borderline anarchist in their midst.

Though the benefit will be my nearest neighbors will be many miles distant.

Wanna know why I'm in crypto? Because the endgame is to take me and mine to a place where the population is near zero.