Miami night club news from the source

The 2016 Election and the Demise of Journalistic Standards

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 19 Feb 2018 09:30

The 2016 Election and the Demise of Journalistic Standards

Good read...

The realization that they had helped Trump’s rise seemed to make many executives, producers, and journalists furious. By the time he secured the nomination and the general election rolled around, they were gunning for him. Only two people now had a chance to be president, and the overwhelming media consensus was that it could not be Donald Trump. They would make sure of that. The coverage of him grew so vicious and one-sided that last August I wrote a column on the unprecedented bias. Under the headline “American Journalism Is Collapsing Before Our Eyes,” I wrote that the so-called cream of the media crop was “engaged in a naked display of partisanship” designed to bury Trump and elect Hillary Clinton.

Which brings us to the crucial questions. Can the American media be fixed? And is there anything that we as individuals can do to make a difference? The short answer to the first question is, “No, it can’t be fixed.” The 2016 election was the media’s Humpty Dumpty moment. It fell off the wall, shattered into a million pieces, and can’t be put back together again. In case there is any doubt, 2017 is confirming that the standards are still dead. The orgy of visceral Trump-bashing continues unabated.

But the future of journalism isn’t all gloom and doom. In fact, if we accept the new reality of widespread bias and seize the potential it offers, there is room for optimism. Consider this—the election showed the country is roughly divided 50-50 between people who will vote for a Democrat and people who will vote for a Republican. But our national media is more like 80-20 in favor of Democrats. While the media should, in theory, broadly reflect the public, it doesn’t. Too much of the media acts like a special interest group. Detached from the greater good, it exists to promote its own interest and the political party with which it is aligned.
Full Article
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 19 Feb 2018 09:38

Re: The 2016 Election and the Demise of Journalistic Standar

The media was partisan before the 2016 election. I cannot recall any favorable coverage of non-liberal politicians in recent memory.

Trump just exposed and amplified their partisanship.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: ASIC
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 21 Feb 2018 17:08

pod wrote:The media was partisan before the 2016 election. I cannot recall any favorable coverage of non-liberal politicians in recent memory.

Trump just exposed and amplified their partisanship.

Your memory most not be very good.

I wont provide links or provide examples either. I will leave that to you to figure out. Maybe you need to lay off the news that is bias to your political views.

As far as the article is concerned. I remember in early 2016 telling friends how the media was obsessed with Donald Trump. They couldn't stop quoting him, they would cover his tweets and his campaign speeches.

I remember John Kasich, Rand Paul and Rick Perry complaining about all the media attention Trump got.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 21 Feb 2018 19:06

My memory is excellent. I remember during WMC 2006 you bought me a drink at Karu & Y. My friend John was drunk and thought your name was Apollo.

Thanks for the drink.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: ASIC
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Anything