Miami night club news from the source

AmazonTube

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 20 Dec 2017 20:19

AmazonTube

Amazon applied for an “AmazonTube” trademark earlier this week, according to a filing found by TV Answer Man, as the company’s public feud with Google over accessing YouTube content on Amazon’s devices continues to escalate.
Article
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 21 Dec 2017 10:12

Re: AmazonTube

Yay, more platforms that do the exact same thing as other platforms. THAT is what we need.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby LeVeL on 21 Dec 2017 10:24

I love my Amazon Firestick, but the feud with Google is stupid. I wish both companies would come to an agreement.

Youtube is the best music video viewer in the World and it goes perfectly with the Firestick. The fact that Youtube would not be available or usable on the Firestick on 1/1/2018 had me worried since the app is utilized a lot in my home.

Just yesterday Amazon announced that Firefox was available on the Amazon Appstore so that will still allow us to view youtube through the firefox browser on the Firestick.

Wonder how Amazontube will do once they unveil it
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Dec 2017 12:17

It might not be directly related to the Google dispute. Amazon launched AWS Elemental Media Services a few weeks ago at the AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas.

For all new launches like this, they build examples to show the kinds of things that you can do with the new tools. There was a room with a Lego theme where hundreds of us chipped in to build a Rube Goldberg machine, and where they showed off example builds like the Simple Beer Service. The beer service is a demonstration of building an app out of AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Dynamo DB, Redshift, etc. A YouTube clone is one of the most basic things that you can do with the new cloud video transcoding tools.

Way more interesting use cases than a YouTube clone are now possible, now that AWS Rekognition supports video.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Return to talk about Anything