Miami night club news from the source

Plan Would Rebuild Historic Beach Theatre On Lincoln Road

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 16 Nov 2017 22:08

Plan Would Rebuild Historic Beach Theatre On Lincoln Road

The historic Beach Theatre once drew thousands to Lincoln Road. Could it be revived?

Domo Architecture (also based on Lincoln Road) has drawn up plans to reopen it and published it to their website.

The proposal includes a new entrance on Drexel Avenue designed to draw pedestrians from the New World Symphony, as well as a rebuilt entrance on Lincoln Road.

It isn’t clear if the proposal was drawn up at the request of the property owner or the New World Symphony.
Source with photos
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 17 Nov 2017 00:58

Re: Plan Would Rebuild Historic Beach Theatre On Lincoln Roa

The historic pictures were cool. We launched this site from an office in the 420 building with a view of the roof of the old theater. Before they built that new parking garage with the food hall. It took me a few months of looking out the window to realize that the weird shape of the roof was because it was an old theater. One of at least three of those kinds of roofs on Lincoln Road.

Why does it say "Tom Ford" in the picture? Isn't that still a Häagen Dazs? I cruise past that address at least four times a day but somehow I don't notice what's in each location. I remember when at one point that was going to be the entrance for Tao Miami, in the old theater. But of course that never happened.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 17 Nov 2017 06:34

Tao Miami would have been a GREAT addition to LR, but I don't know what finally killed it. I know the City was hassling them over the design of their entrance at one time, but who knows for sure.

I always disliked the font used in the "BEACH" logo... all-caps script just doesn't do it for me.
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby Kamen on 18 Nov 2017 10:54

I think this is a red herring to open up a landmarked facade on Drexel so it can be converted to a mass market retail outlet paying Lincoln Rd. store lease rates.
Kamen

Postby coach on 22 Nov 2017 14:19

Kamen wrote:I think this is a red herring to open up a landmarked facade on Drexel so it can be converted to a mass market retail outlet paying Lincoln Rd. store lease rates.

This.

I'm still not sure where this is.

Look at the people!
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Return to talk about Anything