Miami night club news from the source

Confederate Statues

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Michael^Heaven on 19 Aug 2017 14:24

Confederate Statues

Why are certain people attempting to erase history?

We should learn from our mistakes & not repeat poor actions. Some other countries have been quite successful at suppressing events from all records (*cough*Tiananmen Square).
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 19 Aug 2017 15:25

Re: Confederate Statues

Private property, it's not my choice, or anyone's choice to make but the property owner's...

If someone wants to rig up a statue of Robert E Lee, Jefferson Davis, or Colonel fucking Sanders, that's their inalienable right to do so as a human being. No government can force them to do so. Though I imagine they'll try.

Public property? Put it to a referendum. Have everyone who is registered to vote in the specific municipality where the statue is located vote to have it stay or be removed. It's fair, and it's a great representation of how things should work in our republic.

Me? I don't give a shit. If it stays, so what? It's been there for umpteen years and hasn't affected me or anyone else one bit. If it goes? I hope it was decided by the people and not torn down on a whim by the government bowing to politically-correct newspeak.

As for the history bit? Yes - don't erase history. I think people need to know the good things and bad things about the history of their nation. Erasing it because a bunch of red-flag-waving spoiled white kids are offended by it, is not the right path.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 21 Aug 2017 14:34

Michael^Heaven wrote:Why are certain people attempting to erase history?

We should learn from our mistakes & not repeat poor actions. Some other countries have been quite successful at suppressing events from all records (*cough*Tiananmen Square).

STATUES ARE NOT HISTORY.

If anything, people are trying to reinstate history. Those statues were erected well after Lee's death because Lee himself was against erecting Confederate memorials.

Many of them were erected in the early to mid-20th century. Did you know that? The one in Charlottesville was erected in 1924, WELL AFTER ANYONE WHO FOUGHT IN THE WAR WAS DEAD. They were erected specifically to scare blacks and remind them that many people in the area still supported those old policies of slavery and discrimination.

NOW, if you want to put the REAL history with the statues, "A bunch of racist scumbags erected this, AGAINST LEE'S WILL, in order to scare off people of color", well then, that might be different. But what has actually happened, is that the real history of these statues has long since been erased. What we need to do is BRING BACK that history. Wouldn't you agree? And the proper place to do that is in a history museum.

Also, you make a good point, we SHOULD learn from history and history tells us that Monuments of hate continue to breed hate long after the person has died. History teaches us that lying about history always leads to tragedy. Ergo, you must agree with me, and the statues should be moved to museums. Thank you.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 21 Aug 2017 15:31

Regardless, I think if it's on public property it should be up to the people in that municipality to decide whether it comes down or not. Believe it or not, in a lot of places people would vote for them to be removed, I think.

If they let it stay up, it's really not my fucking problem.

Heck, if we're on a binge of statue removal, I suggest we take down statues of FDR. He was an unhinged criminal.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 21 Aug 2017 16:07

coach wrote:Many of them were erected in the early to mid-20th century. Did you know that? The one in Charlottesville was erected in 1924, WELL AFTER ANYONE WHO FOUGHT IN THE WAR WAS DEAD.

http://forum.talknightlife.com/viewtopi ... 04#p257704
JMT

Return to talk about Anything