Miami night club news from the source

Berliners frustrated at restaurants where German not spoken

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 15 Aug 2017 06:50

Berliners frustrated at restaurants where German not spoken

Racists! Islamophobia! Ethnocentric! Nazis! Fascists! Haters! Ahhhh!!!! Ahhhh! Offensive!!!!

German MPs say some waiters only speak English and that it ostracizes native population from life in the capital

Ahh, ahh...oh, umm...um....well, I agree with them. You can't just expect the rest of the world to conform to your Anglo-centric way of life. People need to learn the language. It's only common sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... an-english
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 15 Aug 2017 07:18

Re: Berliners frustrated at restaurants where German not spo

Is a working knowledge of German required to be a citizen or legal resident of Germany?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 15 Aug 2017 16:29

Hey they want their country back.

Maybe you guys should call your Nazi buddies to do a rally in Germany
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 16 Aug 2017 17:23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nationality_law

With a few exceptions, an "adequate" knowledge of German is required to be a German citizen.

Magic 8 ball offers no clear definitions on working in Germany with a visa and needing to speak German. It appears to be 'yes' but there's some exceptions. Also what needs to be factored in is enforcement. You can have a million laws but if they aren't enforced, there's no point in having them.

Law or not, it's always best to know the local lingo. My Hungarian sucks but I tried and got around by the grace of god and broken English/broken Hungarian. Did you know that the noun itself gets modified depending on the verb?

Like:

English: "I gave the beer to Shaun"

Hungarian: "Adtam a sört Shaunnak"

"-nak" means to as in the noun is receivng the action.

"Adtam" (I gave)

"a sört" (the beer)

"Shaunnak" (to Shaun)

Freaky, huh?

Anyways, I don't care if you are in the enclave of your nationality, in any nation. You should know the dominant local lingo. When I was in Vantaa for like 10 hours I really just stuck to the airport and surrounding industrial areas, but I had some "go to" Finnish phrases just in case. The few Finns I encountered loved it and met me halfway. Which is usually the best way. Try it, and most people in other countries will try English as well.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Anything