Miami night club news from the source

Miami Beach Scores $3 Million Grant for Atlantic Greenway

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 24 Jul 2017 16:07

— Funds to Create a Continuous Path, Encouraging Cyclists and Pedestrian Mobility —

Miami Beach, FL - The City of Miami Beach is set to receive a $3 million grant from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) through the Shared Use Nonmotorized (SUN) Trail program that will be used to fund portions of the Miami Beach Atlantic Greenway construction from South Pointe Park to 87 Terrace.

Once completed, the corridor will serve as an uninterrupted paved, multi-use trail for pedestrians and non-motorized vehicles — promoting alternative transportation methods to move around Miami Beach. It will extend in a north/south direction, mostly running between the erosion control line and the dune system, and connecting residents and visitors to South Pointe Park, Lummus Park, 36 Street Park, Indian Beach Park, Allison Park and North Shore Open Space Park, as well as to private residences, businesses and other facilities.

“We are thrilled and grateful to receive a grant of this magnitude that will undoubtedly provide for safer opportunities for bicyclists and pedestrians to enjoy our urban-island,” said Miami Beach City Manager Jimmy L. Morales.
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 26 Jul 2017 12:30

Re: Miami Beach Scores $3 Million Grant for Atlantic Greenwa

Very cool! But I wonder exactly what projects are involved? It's already mostly done up to about 30th except for the dirt road just South of Fifth. And then beyond that as wooden boardwalks.

Seems like ripping out those wooden boardwalks further north would cost a lot more than $3 million. I can't imagine doing much more than filling in that dirt spot South of Fifth for $3 million. Part of this greenway is going to be a decades-old wooden boardwalk.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby LeVeL on 27 Jul 2017 09:48

TechJunkie wrote:Very cool! But I wonder exactly what projects are involved? It's already mostly done up to about 30th except for the dirt road just South of Fifth. And then beyond that as wooden boardwalks.

Seems like ripping out those wooden boardwalks further north would cost a lot more than $3 million. I can't imagine doing much more than filling in that dirt spot South of Fifth for $3 million. Part of this greenway is going to be a decades-old wooden boardwalk.

Techjunkie is back? WTH :lol:
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Jul 2017 17:59

I didn't quit, I just asked what's the point in investing a bunch of my time in a hate site that doesn't even pretend to have any relevance now to its original topic?

My time is better spent skating up and down that greenway to train for the next ultra marathon. Since my Critical Mass copilot is out of town.

I got lights for training at night. So if you get run down on the beach walk in the early morning or late at night by some jerk going 15 MPH on a glowing red carbon fiber longboard with a bunch of crazy aluminum brackets and with way-too-bright lights on his helmet then TechJunkie says hello...
TechJunkie

Postby LeVeL on 28 Jul 2017 10:32

Its nice to have you back man. I have been the lone wolf around here holding down the fort with common sense political views.

The Right Wing Fascist on this site just keep getting worse and worse.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jul 2017 15:54

Why bother? The only reason they do it is to get a reaction from you. Without you what would this 'anything' area be? Three right wingers blathering about their prejudices? Why would they do that if you weren't here to be offended by it?

Tonight instead of skating the 'greenway', I'm going to skate across the island with Critical Mass. Not sure if I could keep up with them for the whole 20 miles, so I'm jumping in at the last leg from Collins across to Purdy. Only chance I'll have for a while to just bomb straight down Dade Blvd on a longboard. Hoping to be in shape to do the whole 20 miles next time. 20 miles is not hard but keeping the average speed up above 12 the whole time is hard.
TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 28 Jul 2017 16:44

TechJunkie wrote:I didn't quit, I just asked what's the point in investing a bunch of my time in a hate site

TechJunkie left because he offended himself.....

TechJunkie wrote:Why aren't any of those people turning to suicide attacks? Because they're not Muslims.
TechJunkie wrote:A person doesn't become a suicide attacker without being driven by a belief system. Islam's intolerant us-versus-them world view combined with the belief that dying while killing infidels is a ticket to Heaven makes a suicide attack into an attractive option in Muslim cultures.
TechJunkie wrote:Far more Muslims believe the Koran to be the literal, un-edited word of God than Christians believe the King James Bible to be literally infallible.
TechJunkie wrote:I tried to find a single example of a Christian extremist suicide attack against civilians and I couldn't find even one example. I'm sure that somebody will be able to provide one, but if you do a web search for "christian suicide attack" then all that you'll find is references to Muslim suicide attacks against Christians.
TechJunkie wrote:Can you name a single example of a Christian suicide bomber? How about a Buddhist suicide bomber? Jewish? I'm pretty sure that there must be examples out there in human history, so why are they so hard to find? Why do you find pages and pages of search results about Muslim suicide attackers when you search for Christian, Buddhist or Jewish suicide attackers without even using the words "Muslim" or "Islam" in your search terms? Is it because Google is prejudiced against Islam?
TechJunkie wrote:I keep bringing up suicide bombers because it's incontrovertible evidence of violence linked to a belief system, not poverty or oppression.
TechJunkie wrote:I had previously bought a lot of the whitewashing of Muhammad's history endorsed by moderate Muslims. Now I understand where Khalid Sheikh Mohammed got the idea to decapitate Daniel Pearl.
TechJunkie wrote:I'm thankful to this conversation for leading me to learn a lot about violence in the name of Islam, and now I get where the decapitation thing comes from. This incident was also the origin of the Islamic notion that God wants Muslims to "terrorize" non-believers.
TechJunkie wrote:Russia has oppressed a lot of different peoples. But I have a feeling that I can guess that guy's religion.
TechJunkie wrote:There have been many terrorist attacks against Russia, and I can't find a single one since WWII that was not perpetrated by Muslim extremists.
TechJunkie wrote:All signs point to a conclusion that violence is a fundamental aspect of Islam, because intolerance is a fundamental aspect of Islam. Recognizing reality is not an act of Islamophobia.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jul 2017 21:10

Critical Mass -- Skateboard Edition.gif
TechJunkie

Postby coach on 30 Jul 2017 16:40

TechJunkie wrote:Very cool! But I wonder exactly what projects are involved? It's already mostly done up to about 30th except for the dirt road just South of Fifth. And then beyond that as wooden boardwalks.

I was thinking the same thing. $3M isn't going to get you very far. Also, remember that the wooden part of the boardwalk forbids bikes.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 30 Jul 2017 18:35

If I'm reading this crappy map correctly, it looks like they are putting a new bike lane over the SoFi dirt road and connecting it to the Ocean Drive Promenade. Then another bike lane/path from 23rd ST all the way up past Allison Park to 87th, which would include removing the current boardwalk. However, I guess they could simply leave the boardwalk in place and open it up to bike traffic.

Maps here...
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Next

Return to talk about Anything