Miami night club news from the source

"CNN Is Breeding a Generation of MAGA-Loving Rebels"

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 06 Jul 2017 07:11

"CNN Is Breeding a Generation of MAGA-Loving Rebels"

Addicted to asserting their diminishing control over public rhetoric, CNN single-handedly gave Trump a reason to moan about the network’s agenda to his heart’s content. As Kevin Williamson has so eloquently noted, in his constant need for media attention Trump resembles a junkie running dry. So, too, CNN, which is so hooked on drama that is has threatened to ruin private citizen who criticizes or mocks the network.

But beyond the network’s feud with Trump, this approach is destined to backfire. There’s a generation of kids barely starting college, fluent in the language of the Internet since birth, that can smell any desperation for social control. They’re Generation Z, the post-Millennial generation born after 1997, and polling and cultural observation shows that they will vehemently fight against the mainstream media’s gasping attempts to determine the contours of the political and social order. Millennials, who grew up without the evils of Communism in their daily lives, felt the echoes of lingering sexism and anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination. Gen Z did not. Now, women are graduating college at higher rates than men and are expected to possess the same professional ambitions as men. Gay marriage is now recognized in all 50 states, and, according to a 2015 Pew research study, the overwhelming majority of Millennial Republicans and Democrats are supportive of this fact. Once, rebels took bong rips in between protesting war and Jim Crow laws; today they “sh*tpost” memes and fight against a different form of social control: political correctness and a perceived establishment agenda. Seemingly overnight, the culture wars have radically new goalposts, and increasingly feature 4chan memes rather than paid political ads as ammunition.

It has become crystal clear that CNN still has no clue why Hillary and the establishment lost. Much of the post-election reflection has focused on Trump’s popularity with the white working class, with whom the president’s populism and protectionism resonated. Most, however, have ignored the reactionary post-Millennials who, despite holding liberal values on many issues, voted en masse for Trump. (A Hispanic Heritage Foundation study backed up the voting data, which was limited to only the oldest of Gen Z. Their findings: of 50,000 teenagers, Trump would beat Clinton by 15 percent.)

Full article
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby slamminshaun on 06 Jul 2017 07:47

Re: "CNN Is Breeding a Generation of MAGA-Loving Rebels"

Indeed they are. Let this sink in....

phpBB [media]
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby JMT on 06 Jul 2017 09:34

JMT

Postby pod on 06 Jul 2017 10:03

The dank memes have been great.

It is interesting though to see a conservative revival amongst those in their late teens and early 20s. It's very cyclical. Those kids may not be all hopped up about Trump per se, but they definitely don't like political correctness and Tumblr's 57 genders.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 07 Sep 2017 08:32

They should stop with the MTV Music Awards. First of all the network is no longer a music channel. I honestly didn't know the music awards were even on.

I was too busy getting geared up for the GoT Finale. By the way its too fun and entertaining to bash Trump.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby davenavarro on 07 Sep 2017 20:01

LeVeL wrote:

They should stop with the MTV Music Awards. First of all the network is no longer a music channel. I honestly didn't know the music awards were even on.

I was too busy getting geared up for the GoT Finale. By the way its too fun and entertaining to bash Trump.

Exactly Level. Why the hell does MTV still have that stupid awards show when they stopped playing videos in 2003. That channel has gotten so crappy that I don't think most people who are over the age of 25 even know which channel MTV is on.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Return to talk about Anything