Are you feeling Trumped?

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 16 May 2017 00:45

Re: Are you feeling Trumped?

JMT wrote:Image

So, here's the interesting part, this all shows Trump's real incompetence. He tried to explain the firing with all this nonsense and, of course, his trademark flip-flopping. But, if he had been smart, he would have just put out the above image collage on his Twitter and said, "See, I'm working with the democrats." He really missed a trick here.

I mean, yeah, he did SAY he thought the Democrats wanted Comey fired, too, but that is not particularly useful. But you track down all those comments the Demo's made back during the campaign, and suddenly you have a really powerful visual.

The other thing is, do you really think he is stupid enough to believe that firing Comey will get rid of the Russian issue? I mean, all of Comey's work is right there at the hands of the other FBI agents. And, if he was really that well liked by the staff, this is going to make them double-down on the investigation out of spite.

Maybe Trump is that stupid, and this is another example, added to the above of that. But, I don't know, I mean, he is a lot of bluster and nonsense and has been fed some really bad research, but I don't know that he's downright stupid like that.

Personally, I think the Russian issue is a pointless endeavor. At best, they might be able to link it to someone in his staff, who will, of course, take the fall. The likelihood that they will be able to tie that to Trump and get him impeached is so remote, it's just ridiculous.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 16 May 2017 06:53

That, we can agree on. I don't think Trump really colluded with anyone deliberately. His staff, is questionable. They're used to underhanded deals with foreign powers, and now it's biting them in the ass as the opposition is really putting them under the microscope. If HRC or another career politician had been in the hot seat, secret horse-trading with Russia and China wouldn't amount to a second glance. It happens, a lot, with everyone.

It really comes down to this. Henry Rollins put it best in a recent interview in the Workers' World of Music Rolling Stone, where he said that Trump never expected to win, at all. His trademark bravado was not present at his victory celebration at 3 AM. Like, he was stunned. Looking back, I agree. I think you said it too. The country was stunned. The MAGA brigades were boxing up their hats at 6 PM on that Tuesday, only to bust them out again at around 10 PM. The Dems already had the confetti guns loaded and primed. I was already moving on small-scale manufacturing equipment. What a surprise, huh?

Trump never expected to win, and he didn't expect his chess game to work. He figured HRC would clinch it with Florida and Ohio going in her favor, which they almost did. Trump treated this whole thing as "something to do". If Trump lost, he'd still be a billionaire and he'd probably have been on to something else now. His ego isn't tied to politics. Rumor had it of a TrumpTV media venture that was being assembled.

HRC on the other hand, her ego is tied to politics. Her millions aren't enough. She needs the adoration to ride out her declining years. Even party stalwarts are hoping she goes away, but her ego won't allow it. All that sing-song "together" pablum is just ego engineering. Together, as long as she's the riding in the litter.

But anyways, Trump is in office and he's juggling a lot. He's not used to the give and take of politics. He's used to giving an order and having it followed. It's a steep learning curve. However, there's only two qualifications for office - natural born citizen and be 35 or older. Price of that, I guess.

The chaos is quite enjoyable. The sanctity of government is being destroyed, finally. He's not the ideal one to be doing it, but again, that's the price of a relatively open political system. There's always the chance someone of questionable character will ascend to a position of power. However, as Obama (yes, I'm quoting him) said - the sun will rise tomorrow. Keep your head up, mind your own beeswax, and have some fun.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 17 May 2017 21:47

The chaos has gotten better. The weaponized autists are working hard and the usual suspects are jerking each other off on social media. Some situations resemble a lurid scene from a seedy gay bar. Think of the circus elephants holding trunks in a weird sort of crucifix.

I'm getting some more gasoline.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 31 May 2017 10:04

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby JMT on 01 Jun 2017 23:52

Former Dem senator: No one cares about Russia...

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby JMT on 15 Jun 2017 12:42

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby pod on 15 Jun 2017 12:46

I'm guessing she'll be looking for a new job soon. MSNBC and FIU don't brook deviations from the party line.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Previous

Return to talk about Anything