Miami night club news from the source

Post to Instagram from your desktop browser - legit

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 09 May 2017 08:20

Post to Instagram from your desktop browser - legit

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/06/post-p ... p-browser/
The good news is that it appears Instagram has finally made it possible to post images from their website. This opens up posting content for any user with a mobile device. By default this feature is available on any phone or tablet Web browser, but not on your desktop.

But there’s a simple way to circumvent this restriction: by using a method called User Agent spoofing. The User Agent is a text string sent along with every request made by a web browser, and it includes details about your browser version and operating system. By spoofing the User Agent, you can tell websites that you are using a mobile device even when you’re not.

Keep in mind that it’s unclear whether Instagram might shadow ban users for using this method. Shadow bans appear to be reserved for users who are using third-party apps or services to post to Instagram, and this method uses the official website. So far I personally have had no issues, but it’s worth noting that there might be some risk.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 09 May 2017 09:41

Re: Post to Instagram from your desktop browser - legit

Does anybody understand the point of Instagram's isolationist strategy? Refusing to release tablet apps and desktop apps and open APIs?

I do not.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Return to talk about Anything