Miami night club news from the source

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 29 Dec 2017 07:02

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

pod wrote:That was a good assessment.


Yeah, aside from the fact the reviewer apparently slept through the part of the movie where "Master Jedi Skywalker is taking it directly to the bad guys". I mean, he only pulled off the most powerful Force-trick we've never seen, resulting in the last few surviving members of the Resistance to escape and live to fight another day. He single-handedly saved the Resistance, but hey, he didn't do anything. LOL!

Aside from that amusing oversight, I agree, that assessment is pretty much the typical self-absorbed petulant review I keep hearing from a lot of grown up 40 year old people....

"I needed to see this, I needed to see that, I waited a long time to see something very specific and you didn't let me have it, wah wah wah, I needed Luke to do this, I needed him to do that, I needed to see Luke do something very specific with his lightsaber because I've dreamed about it for 35 years, I have DEEP emotional investments for seeing very specific things, and if you don't give me those things than I hate you, what about my needs, I have needs damn it, you denied me my needs, blah blah blah"

These are the reviews that make me love the movie all the more. :D It's one thing to criticize the movie as a movie (and yes, there's plenty to criticize as JMT illustrates), but quite another to criticize it because it didn't fulfill your personal emotional needs. This is what I find most amusing and convinces me that they actually DID think it through. All we need now is for Trump to tweet about it being the greatest Star Wars movie ever and the trolling will be complete. :D

Question to ponder: Are 8 year old kids whining about this movie like all of the grown men are, or did they just sit back and accept the story the way we did when we were 8 years old? Hmmm....
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.


Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 29 Dec 2017 12:40

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

At the end of the day, we're all going to see Episode 9 so our commentary doesn't matter, ha ha.
User avatar
pod
Kaptain Kook
 
Posts: 38955
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 17:35
Location: miami
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 29 Dec 2017 13:24

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

That was a nice review, Pod, very well put.

Shaun, I get your point, the fans don't own the franchise, Disney does. Despite that, all the money we made them does give us a right to 1) have expectations and 2) criticize when those expectations are not lived up to.

I think the essential point here is that essentially the SW franchise has been lying to us for 35 years. They promised one thing and delivered completely another. Yes, I know it was actually a last second decision to go in a different direction, and they were not purposefully lying for 3+ decades, but that doesn't make it any better.

For example, you go to buy a car, they promise it red, you love red. It gets delivered, it is blue, you hate blue. Do you not have a right to complain? I mean, yeah, they own the manufacturing of the cars, but you paid for it.
coach
 
Posts: 13371
Joined: 05 Oct 2007 12:52
Location: you have to ask
Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 29 Dec 2017 13:25

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

They're past the point of caring. After Episode 9 it's just spinoffs and merchandising.
User avatar
pod
Kaptain Kook
 
Posts: 38955
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 17:35
Location: miami
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 29 Dec 2017 14:45

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

coach wrote:
We needed to see what we had all been promised

coach wrote:They promised one thing and delivered completely another.


When did Lucasfilm promise you a certain plot or promise that you'd see something specific in this movie? The only thing remotely close to a promise I saw was in the movie trailer, where Luke says, "this is not going to go the way you think".

coach wrote:
The character of Luke Skywalker is a build up that we have been following through the comics


Maybe that's my problem. I never read the comic books. His Clairvoyance doesn't read comic books.
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 29 Dec 2017 16:23

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

slamminshaun wrote:Maybe that's my problem. I never read the comic books. His Clairvoyance doesn't read comic books.

Yes, not reading comics is definitely a problem you should seek to rectify. It's not too late!
coach
 
Posts: 13371
Joined: 05 Oct 2007 12:52
Location: you have to ask
Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 29 Dec 2017 17:53

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Honest question, anyone here read beyond the canon?
User avatar
pod
Kaptain Kook
 
Posts: 38955
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 17:35
Location: miami
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 30 Dec 2017 07:18

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Alex Jones!

phpBB [media]
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby slamminshaun on 31 Dec 2017 09:30

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

coach wrote:Jeez Hamill, backpedal much? The more he backpedals, the worse he make it. At least his original comments were authentic.


https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/statu ... 8998639616
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 02 Jan 2018 01:10

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

slamminshaun wrote:
coach wrote:Jeez Hamill, backpedal much? The more he backpedals, the worse he make it. At least his original comments were authentic.


https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/statu ... 8998639616

Yikes, he sounds like Trump in that tweet. Maybe I need to teach him the proper way to drunk tweet.
coach
 
Posts: 13371
Joined: 05 Oct 2007 12:52
Location: you have to ask
Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron