Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 14 Apr 2017 13:45

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

phpBB [media]
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 17 Apr 2017 10:19

Re: Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Not bad. Doesn't reveal much, like it should be. Other than Luke trains her, which isn't all that surprising.
JMT

Postby coach on 17 Apr 2017 17:02

Yeah, this pretty much confirms all the theories flying around the internet that Luke, Rey and Kilo are going to start a new order not based on the Light side / Dark side stuff, but on balance. I think this reveals quite a lot!

Did anyone ever see "Dark Crystal"? I know, puppets, but I think it illustrates what is going to happen here. The Light side is incomplete, the Dark side is incomplete and only by bringing both Compassion and Passion together will you be able to access the full power of the Force and bring harmony to the universe.

Really, should have seen it from the beginning. By eschewing passion, the Light side disregards a very integral and serious part of sentient beings. Anakin was destined to bring "balance" to the Force, not to overwhelm the Dark. I wonder if the Jedi council, particularly Yoda, understood what this meant from the beginning. I mean, Yoda made some seemingly really stupid decisions, UNLESS you consider he was taking the long, long view and understood that Anakin had to be seduced by the Dark in order to bring both sides together through his genetic legacy.

Also, I've heard rumors that we finally learn who Anakin's father is. I never bought that "virgin birth" crap. I'm still guessing that he was conceived by Plagious without his mother's knowledge. Unless they introduce some totally new character, which would be stupid.

And I'm still laying my money on Snoke being Plagious because anything else would be stupid. Hopefully they don't go stupid on us.

I mean, not that I'm excited! Can you tell? I'M NOT EXCITED!!!!!
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby coach on 17 Apr 2017 17:06

"Reach out, what do you see?"
"Light. Darkness. Imbalance."
"It's so much bigger"

It's all right there.
coach

What do you do?

Postby slamminshaun on 18 Apr 2017 07:37

coach wrote:Also, I've heard rumors that we finally learn who Anakin's father is. I never bought that "virgin birth" crap. I'm still guessing that he was conceived by Plagious without his mother's knowledge. Unless they introduce some totally new character, which would be stupid.

And I'm still laying my money on Snoke being Plagious because anything else would be stupid. Hopefully they don't go stupid on us.

If Plagueis is Anakin's father, but not through sexual relations, then it's a virgin birth, no? His mother was clear that she couldn't explain what happened, so obviously it happened without her knowledge. Of course, this birth coincidentally happened far away where nobody could sense that Anakin existed, but perhaps that was the whole idea?

Anakin eventually kills the Emperor, who of course "killed" Plagueis. Remember, the Emperor made it clear that Plagueis could prevent people from dying "but not himself", implying that he killed him. However, perhaps through his own arrogance, he erroneously thought that he killed Plagueis when in fact Plagueis really did prevent himself from dying, and then created Anakin to kill off the Emperor, which would setoff a chain of events that would allow him to eventually regain control for himself using a new identity....Snoke.

If anyone was playing the long game, perhaps it's Plagueis.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby TechJunkie on 18 Apr 2017 09:57

coach wrote:Did anyone ever see "Dark Crystal"? I know, puppets, but I think it illustrates what is going to happen here. The Light side is incomplete, the Dark side is incomplete and only by bringing both Compassion and Passion together will you be able to access the full power of the Force and bring harmony to the universe.

Hmm, WHERE have I heard this thing about balance before...

Oh right it was that Dark Crystal movie!

(LOL)
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby LeVeL on 18 Apr 2017 13:56

The father of Anakin Skywalker has long been debated among Star Wars fans. According to Anakin's mother Shmi, there was no father- she simply woke up pregnant one day. According to Sheev Palpatine, his Sith master Darth Plagueis had figured out how to manipulate the Force into creating life.

I used to subscribe to the idea that Darth Plagueis was Anakin Skywalker's father. My evidence lied in Triclops, Palpatine's son created in the same manner Anakin was said to be created. Triclops is also Palpatine's biological son. So if Palpatine created Triclops, wouldn't Plagueis have created Anakin, and be his biological father? The problem with that idea was that Darth Plagueis was a Muun, a species that while possibly related to Humanity, certainly has several distinct traits. If Anakin was the biological child of Plagueis, then Anakin would logically be a Muun/Human hybrid. Anakin, however, only shows Human features. He doesn't have a lack of hair, an enlongated head, or any other feature of a Muun. Therefore, Anakin can't be Plagueis's son.

So if Anakin's father isn't Plagueis, the next logical step is for Palpatine to be his father. Palpatine has demonstrated already that he's familiar with the techniques to impregnate someone without sex. Furthermore, think of the similarities between Palpatine and Anakin. Anakin is shown to be charismatic, and extremely strong with the Force. He's a great leader and a master swordsman. Palpatine is so charismatic he was able to get himself not only elected to the position of chancellor, but voted in as the Emperor of the Galactic Empire! Palpatine was also powerful enough to create force storms), and holds the official rank of Sith Swordmaster. The two also resemble each other physically- though Palpatine may be frail, in his early life he had the same kind of build as Anakin, and their hair and facial structures resemble each other. Furthermore, Palpatine is a Naboo, meaning he's likely got a taste for Naboo women- Like Anakin, who called his future wife an "angel", and she was a Naboo too

What you think?
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 21 Apr 2017 14:20

This is a really interesting theory and actually makes quite a bit of sense. There are a couple holes. The claim that because Plagious was not human, Anakin would only be half-human is weak. It seems to be that Plagious would have enough control and power to create Anakin in any form he desired.

Also, if Palpatine was Anakin's father, and considering his MASSIVE ego, it seems that, at the very least, when Anakin was killing him, he would have blurted out the truth, like Anakin did with Luke when he thought Luke was about to die.

Also, Palpatine and Anakin act nothing alike. Palpatine just does not seem to have that Skywalker machismo. I don't buy that Palpatine is of the Skywalker line.

Also, it doesn't make much sense that Palpatine would create his own executioner. He was fairly prescient and would surely have seen what would happen, if he was Anakin's creator. However, if Plagious had done it, that would make much more sense from a prescient standpoint. Plagious knew that Palpatine would betray him at some point, and so set in motion his revenge by creating Anakin.

That being said, if Palpatine was Anakin's creator, it would follow the Skywalker tradition of the son much kill the father (*cough*foreshadowing*cough).

There's also the matter of timing. Was Plagious killed before or after Anakin was conceived? Perhaps it was Plagious' Force Ghost that occupied Anakin's mom and caused her to become pregnant, which actually matches her own story better than any of the others.

Which brings me to an oft-overlooked part of this story. Who the hell is is mother? Some random slave on a desert planet? That seems pretty unlikely. Was she a Force Sensitive? Do we know anything about her?

Okay, back to dad, here's an even more crazy theory. The new previews seem to hint that Luke find some big lie or betrayal from the past that makes him question the whole order of Jedi, What if it turns out that Yoda is the one that impregnated her with midichlorians? Yoda was a powerful prescient and had seen a lot in 900 years. Maybe HE created the answer to the prophecy!

Remember that Yoda was unnecessarily cruel to little Anakin, denying him access for training for a fairly bullshit reason. Then he stuck Anakin with a known rebellious Jedi master. I mean, Yoda basically pushed Anakin to the dark side. I think Yoda foresaw what was coming and realized they would need an inside man to take down the Emperor.

To further this theory, recall that Yoda was unnecessarily nice to Luke. Anakin was like 10 and Yoda said he was too old to learn. Luke was like 20, but Yoda still taught him. Suddenly, after 900-freaking years, Yoda changed policies just randomly? I do not think so, he had the whole thing planned out. Yoda saw that the Jedi/Sith, Light/Dark thing was no longer tenable, so he set in motion the acts needed to bring about something entirely new.

What do you think?
coach

What do you do?

Postby pod on 21 Apr 2017 14:56

I think Coach's posts on Star Wars are the most engaging thing on this forum.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Anything