Postby pod on 13 Apr 2017 09:29

Wayne - expert analysis of United?

What say you?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 13 Apr 2017 09:56

Re: Wayne - expert analysis of United?

I'm not an expert, but you'd think they would have had enough business sense to keep raising the value of a free voucher until someone bit. Much cheaper than bad PR, and much much cheaper than a lawsuit.
JMT

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 13 Apr 2017 10:37

You know, I try not to even read those things these days so I won't get all torqued up like I used to, but yes, it sounds like they fucked up by not raising the amount.

But once security shows up and tells you to get off, all that other stuff doesn't matter....you are getting off.

The best one I ever saw was a woman in Boston who failed to check-in for her connecting flight, she just stayed on the flight in the same seat. When the gate agent came on and told her she had to get off, she freaked out and ran to the back of the DC-9 and locked herself in the aft Lav.

So, when the gate agent called security, the biggest, meanest MassPort cop I ever saw showed up to handle the problem. MassPort must have had some sort of minimum height requirement for employment back then (1982) because they were all like 6'4" or greater.

So, this Frankenstein-looking cop goes back to the Lav and says "Mame, open the door and come with me." Naturally, the woman launches into this hysterical diatribe about how she's NOT going to leave and they are NOT going to take her seat, and she's NOT going to...and about that time this monster cop grabs the door handle and jerks the entire door off its hinges and sets it aside. The look of absolute terror on this woman's face was priceless.

And yes, she got off then without another word.
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby Kamen on 13 Apr 2017 14:57

How much profit does an airline have in a shorthaul flight like Chicago to Louisville?

It can't be much.

I doubt a gate agent can offer passengers an amount that would make the flight unprofitable.
Kamen

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Apr 2017 22:07

United wishes at this point that it could have lost money on that one flight to avoid what's happening now.

At least it's relatively rare. I fly way too much (two flights this week, four next week) and I have never seen anybody forced from a plane.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Return to talk about Anything