Miami night club news from the source

Keeping Track of your President Trump

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 31 Mar 2017 16:11

Re: Keeping Track of your President Trump

TechJunkie wrote:If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic health care then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to keep them healthy than to let them get sick and cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic disability insurance, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to force them to purchase disability insurance than to let them suck up taxpayer resources which cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic life insurance, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to get them life insurance rather than have their survivors die in the streets.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that.....
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 31 Mar 2017 22:58

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to healthy organic foods, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to force feed them organic foods than to let them get sick and cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to a gym membership, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to keep them fit than to let them get fat and cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to the highest safety rated cars, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to give them Volvos than to let them get manged in car crashes and cost us all more.
JMT

Postby JMT on 31 Mar 2017 23:33

JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 01 Apr 2017 20:32

slamminshaun wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic health care then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to keep them healthy than to let them get sick and cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic disability insurance, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to force them to purchase disability insurance than to let them suck up taxpayer resources which cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to basic life insurance, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to get them life insurance rather than have their survivors die in the streets.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that.....

I didn't say "heath insurance", I said, "basic health care".
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby slamminshaun on 03 Apr 2017 06:30

TechJunkie wrote:I didn't say "heath insurance", I said, "basic health care".

Ah, since you're being very precise in your words, I will assume you consciously used the words "health care" instead of "sick care" to mean activities intended to keep you healthy and out of the doctor's office in the first place, which of course keeps costs down for everyone, and leads back to this....

JMT wrote:If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to healthy organic foods, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to force feed them organic foods than to let them get sick and cost us all more.

If you don't think it matters on a moral level that poor people don't have access to a gym membership, then you still have to face that the cost is lower for society to keep them fit than to let them get fat and cost us all more.

If you truly care about keeping costs down as you claim, then we need to force everyone to keep food logs and prove they are eating 5 helpings of fruits and vegetables per day along with 1 gallon of water. We also need to force everyone to get gym memberships and prove they are using them. We can easily track this through their tax return filing as they will be required to submit receipts and activity logs through their accountant.

Hell, we might even require that everyone walk around wearing FitBits to ensure nobody cheats on their taxes. Sound expensive? Remember the lessons Coach has taught us. If everyone had to get solar panels, then the solar panel prices would come crashing down since economies of scale will be achieved, and this will in turn save the planet. Same logic applies. Require everyone to get FitBits and those little gadgets will cost less than $10, and in turn, will result in affordable sick care.

Failure to comply with any of this will result in a penalty for not doing their fair share in keeping costs down for everyone. If everyone did their fair share, our sick care costs would crash almost overnight. At a moral level, the ends always justify the means.
slamminshaun

Postby TechJunkie on 03 Apr 2017 10:02

Yes, I understand your position. The fortunate have no responsibility for those who are less fortunate who get sick and die because they can't afford health care. Or for people who lose their livelihoods and homes after health problems that become financial problems.
TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 03 Apr 2017 14:19

TechJunkie wrote:Yes, I understand your position. The fortunate have no responsibility for those who are less fortunate who get sick and die because they can't afford health care. Or for people who lose their livelihoods and homes after health problems that become financial problems.

LOL!!! If that's the case, how do you explain His Fortunateness being the chairman of the board of directors for an organization that literally provides services for 1,100 +/- less fortunate families per year? As board chair, my role is literally go out and find fortunate people and convince them to provide us with the funding necessary to keep this valuable resource in our community. How come I have no trouble finding people to voluntarily write me checks?
slamminshaun

Postby TechJunkie on 03 Apr 2017 20:17

Does your organization pay for cancer treatment?
TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 03 Apr 2017 20:46

TechJunkie wrote:Does your organization pay for cancer treatment?

No.
slamminshaun

Postby pod on 03 Apr 2017 20:53

As a people, we voluntarily give billions of dollars a year to charities of all stripes. Charities that help kids, people with medical issues, and so on down the line. No other nation on earth has as giving of a population as the United States.

Voluntary giving is one of the most noble things anyone can do. I still give to the White Aisle Foundation, and the CDF.

"Charity" at gunpoint via the government is pretty much as low as it gets. If coercion is required to get people to pay for it, it's probably not that good of an idea to begin with.

If it's a good concept or idea, people will pay for it on their own.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything