Miami night club news from the source

Trump takes it!

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 20 Dec 2016 14:15

Re: Trump takes it!

I heard a commentator make an interesting comment the other day. When asked about why the middle and lower class Trump voters, who voted him in on a populist vote of helping the "regular" people, were not more upset about him installing a bunch of millionaires and billionaires, the commentator responded that populists do not hate the rich, they hate the insiders, particularly political insiders. (Let's leave aside the fact that the rich are the insiders, and pretend those are two different things.) They hate "business as usual", so installing people with no government experience, no matter how rich they are, is generally okay with these right-wing populists. Remember that to most of these folks, the rich are not adversarial, they are aspirational. The Trump voters hope to one day be one of those rich people, so obviously you cannot hate what you aspire to.

These are the people who hate the old adage, "it's not what you know, it's who you know." They think that life should be meritorial, and they believe, wrongly, of course, that those rich people deserve those riches through dint of their own ability. Of course, rich people get rich because of who they know, not what they know, but that is not something these voters understand.

The most interesting part of this observation was that the commentator was a right-winger, a Republican. He happens to be one of my favorite commentators and is wise and knowledgeable. He also has serious issues with the moder Republican party. But, I thought it was an astute observation and something that the Democrats really do not get. The Democrats think the plebes hate the rich, and that is partially true, but what the majority of the plebes hate is the insiders, which is why the Dems ran the exact wrong person and lost the election.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 20 Dec 2016 14:33

coach wrote:
The most interesting part of this observation was that the commentator was a right-winger, a Republican. He happens to be one of my favorite commentators and is wise and knowledgeable. He also has serious issues with the moder Republican party. But, I thought it was an astute observation and something that the Democrats really do not get. The Democrats think the plebes hate the rich, and that is partially true, but what the majority of the plebes hate is the insiders, which is why the Dems ran the exact wrong person and lost the election.

A winner is you.

The people in the central/south/Midwest voted to burn the fucking house down rather than have more of the same old song from the coastal elite. And you can't blame them either. After hearing for two decades about how terrible (deplorable!) they were, they got sick of it and went with the only option they had - Trump.

The chess match played out as it did, and here we are. I'm gonna take the Tom Hanks approach and hope the hell that Trump does so well, I'd be inclined to maybe vote for him in 2020.

The Dems would have won if they ran Bernie, or even a true moderate like Jim Webb. Jim's one of the last of the blue-dog Dems who can reach across the aisle.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 12 Jan 2017 11:39

JMT

Postby slamminshaun on 17 Jan 2017 08:16

slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby pod on 17 Jan 2017 10:11

slamminshaun wrote:MLK’s niece: I voted for Trump

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... trump.html

The progressives lost their shit on that one. How dare one of their "pets" go off the plantation?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 17 Jan 2017 14:01

http://www.vocativ.com/390175/liberal-p ... guns-food/

Colin Waugh bought a shotgun four weeks before November’s election.

An unapologetic liberal, he was no fan of firearms. He had never owned one before. But Waugh, a 31-year-old from Independence, Missouri, couldn’t shake his fears of a Donald Trump presidency — and all of the chaos it could bring. He imagined hate crimes and violence waged by extremists emboldened by the Republican nominee’s brash, divisive rhetoric. He pictured state-sanctioned roundups of Muslims, gays, and outspoken critics.

“I kept asking myself, ‘Do I want to live under tyranny?'” said Waugh, who supported Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary and later backed Hillary Clinton. “The answer was absolutely not.”

OK, you got yourself a scattergun. Now go learn how to use it. Protip - a WML reveals your location. Also get yourself a Salvo, it's pretty neat.

I think it's funny as hell though. These guys thought nothing of granting the government ever-expanding powers, thinking Barry's Good Times Emporium would be followed by Hillary's House of Harridan Harmony. Never occurred to them that at some point, whether it was the last election, or one in the future, that some day there could be someone they don't like in the hot seat. Someone with access to those same powers they told their Congresscritters to vote for the last time around.

It's a great example of what the Rastas call "politricks" - but this time the ones being tricked are the tricksters.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 20 Jan 2017 21:01

Donald Trump went there in his inauguration speech.

With three words, Trump used his moment in the national spotlight to pledge an end to “radical Islamic terrorism” — a phrase President Barack Obama declined to say during his eight-year tenure.

Trump said his administration would eradicate the threat “from the face of the earth.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/20 ... 75ec045135

It's about time someone said it.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 23 Jan 2017 14:09

slamminshaun wrote:
Donald Trump went there in his inauguration speech.

With three words, Trump used his moment in the national spotlight to pledge an end to “radical Islamic terrorism” — a phrase President Barack Obama declined to say during his eight-year tenure.

Trump said his administration would eradicate the threat “from the face of the earth.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/20 ... 75ec045135

It's about time someone said it.

Could be end of the United States as we know it. Does nobody remember the old saw that the Middle East is where Empires go to die? Just ask the USSSR.

That being said, Obama's strategy has really put the hurt on the terrorists. All he had to do was kill a few gajillion civilians, but the terrorists' abilities have been greatly reduced since 9/11.

Do you think he'll finally do what is necessary and just nuke the place?
coach

What do you do?

Postby pod on 23 Jan 2017 14:35

That's the sad part - Obama was at war for his entire reign. The Dems truly lost their purpose, and Barry was caught in the middle. Though one could argue that his acquiescing to the matter constituted active consent. If he didn't like the direction of his Party, he could have changed it, or left it.

That would have been something, a sitting President going independent because his party turned from a "people first" platform into a statist war machine of hate and intolerance.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 23 Jan 2017 17:56

Don't forget that he tried to pull out, but the Republicans would not let him.
coach

What do you do?

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything