Miami night club news from the source

"I Am NOT A Feminist Anymore"

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2017 12:23

Re: "I Am NOT A Feminist Anymore"

There's a fine line between making a statement a la "Piss Christ" and just doing it because you're feeling neglected...
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 22 Jun 2017 12:34

More left vs. left hilarity...

Feminist director Sofia Coppola attacked by feminists for not being woke enough

GQ: I loved The Beguiled. Would you say this is the rare feminist film that struggles to pass the Bechdel test?

Sofia Coppola: The what test?

GQ: The Bechdel test.

SC: I’ve never heard of that. What’s that?

GQ: It’s a test to see if two or more women in a movie talk about something other than a man.

SC: Oh, I guess I’ve never studied film. That’s so funny, but there are a lot of women talking about a man in this.

The criticism is a further blow to her liberal credentials, on the back of claims that The Beguiled, a Civil War-era movie, is a piece of “white elitism” that erases black voices.

The backlash was swift...
JMT

Postby pod on 22 Jun 2017 12:58

Left-leaning movements tend to eat themselves, it seems. You generic progressive spends most of his or her waking hours seeing how progressive they are as compared to their progressive pals.

If one falls out of line, all hell breaks loose. For example, if a feminist gets married in a traditional setting ... oh boy. That's two strikes right there. Marriage, and traditionalism.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 22 Jun 2017 15:15

More hilarity...

"Woke" liberal male feminist Joss Whedon attacked by feminists over old Wonder Woman script

Whedon was hired to make a movie version of Wonder Woman in 2005 starring Angelina Jolie. But that never got out of development hell, and he didn’t have anything to do with Patti Jenkins’ current movie blockbuster starring Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, which is going gangbusters at the box office.

Whedon’s original take on Diana Prince, however, isn’t going down well with his feminist friends. For a start, they are objecting to his descriptions of Wonder Woman: “To say she is beautiful is almost to miss the point…her body is curvaceous, but taut as a drawn bow.”

Whedon also has taken flak for having Wonder Woman being called a “whore,” a “bitch” and a “feisty little filly.” Then there’s the fact her story is told from Steve Trevor’s point of view-rather than the Wonder Woman-centered take in the finished movie. And Diana does un-feminist-friendly things like fight with her mother.

The backlash has been fierce...
JMT

Postby pod on 22 Jun 2017 15:24

Ridiculous. WW the character, is everything the feminists want. Independent and strong. I guess they leave "human" out of the equation.

They even object to Gal Gadot. She's everything the feminists supposedly want, but because she happens to be good-looking, they lose their shit. Oh yeah, and she maybe killed some Muslims in defense of her country, so that's a double whammy. Can't have too much of that going around.

Fact check - audiences don't want to see a fatass taking on the forces of evil. Yes, there's suspension of disbelief, but let's be reasonable here. Hollywood might be losing it's shit because of Trump, but at the end of the day, they know they haven't gotten to the point of government-subsidized filmmaking yet. So they gotta make money, and that means lots of explosions and pretty people.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 28 Jun 2017 20:49

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18066/7-g ... benshapiro

Kirsten Gillibrand, senator from New York who is known for trying to obstruct President Trump’s cabinet picks.
Kamala Harris, junior senator from California who was recently chastised for interrupting witness testimony during hearings.
Elizabeth Warren, also know as Fauxcahontas, the Massachusetts senator and fake Native American who has made a name for herself as a hard leftist.
Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota senator who has little national recognition, but is on the list nonetheless to replace Michelle Obama.
Tammy Duckworth, Illinois senator, who is also a disabled veteran.
Sheryl Sandberg, a businesswomen who was a member of the Clinton Administration and worked for Facebook at one point.
Finally, there is Oprah. The media mogul has hinted at a possible try for the White House, but has since ruled out a run.

Notice the lack of an elephant in the room? Every single person listed is a member of the Democrat Party or at least a major donor. Not one is a Republican. It sends out a confirmation that the media does not believe conservative women are equal to their leftist counterparts.

Nikki Haley, former South Carolina governor and current UN ambassador; she has shown courage within the preeminent international institution, standing up to countries for their anti-Israel bias.
Mia Love , the congresswoman who is the first African-American elected to the House of Representatives from the state of Utah.
Condoleezza Rice: the former Secretary of State has been mentioned as a potential candidate, but has declined to run, preferring teaching to politics since leaving the Bush Administration.
Carly Fiorina, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard and 2016 GOP presidential candidate. She was among the second tier nominee group, but was promoted to primetime following a surge in the polls.
Joni Ernst, senator from Iowa who also served as a Lt. Colonel in the Iowa National Guard before entering politics.
Elise Stefanik, representative from New York and the youngest woman elected to Congress at the age of 30 in 2014. She is constitutionally too young at the moment, but only has a few years to go.
Susanna Martinez, former governor of New Mexico who was the first woman and first Hispanic female to serve in that position.

Nimrata Haley would cause heads to explode on both sides of the aisle. I hope she runs.

Joni is good people, but I disagree with her marriage is a state matter position. Marriage, like health care, should be an exclusively individual matter. I still hope she runs. I could work with her on the marriage issue.

Condi is tainted - sorry. She could be good but I think the W stank is still harsh.

Mia Love - first I've heard of her. I like what I'm reading thus far. I find it ironic that the Haitian community around here doesn't promote the shit out of her.

Carly - My FIL used to be high up in the HP hierarchy. Says she's incompetent at best. I'm inclined to believe him.

Stefanik - she's a moderate and young. It could work on a Pod-thinking-of-others level.

Martinez - she's anti-drug legalization so I couldn't really support her.

That being said, there's your batch of strong, independent women potential POTUSes who aren't (purportedly) looking to increase the parasite state.

I'll say it - I'll vote major party if Haley, Ernst, or Love runs.

President Love - that's actually pretty slick. Foreign leaders would think she's a pushover, then boom...nope.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 01 Jul 2017 22:49

JMT

Postby pod on 02 Jul 2017 01:18

The whole purpose of Jezebel is to throw a tantrum.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 02 Jul 2017 01:31

JMT

Postby pod on 02 Jul 2017 02:37

For real. Like, there's no wiggle room in their movement. You have to be a man-hating buzzcut Maddow-clone to get their respect. Look at the list of conservative women from that article I submitted. Ladies you do not want to fuck with. But because they don't precisely toe the party line, they're disregarded by the feminist movement. I think someone like Mia Love could advance the ideals, hugely - but because she's not calling for the death of anyone with an XY gene, she's sent off.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything