Miami night club news from the source

The Panama Papers

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 06 Apr 2016 12:44

Re: The Panama Papers

Yep, that's what I was getting at. The leak is out there, but it's being shepherded by the MSM rather than Wikileaks.

I'm gonna guess someone will develop their own independent search utility for that data set. When the Ashley Madison leak happened, there were several tools built within hours.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 06 Apr 2016 13:13

pod wrote:The leak is out there, but it's being shepherded by the MSM rather than Wikileaks.

TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 06 Apr 2016 13:19

Checked off yes.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 06 Apr 2016 13:25

Where the Shammer to give us his Alex Jones-esque interpretation of this?
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby coach on 06 Apr 2016 16:11

norah wrote:Where the Shammer to give us his Alex Jones-esque interpretation of this?

Probably scurrying to see if any of this can be linked to any of his clients. Remember who he works for.

PS: I'm just fucking with you Slammer. We all know you are one of the "good bankers" because you told us so.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby benm3 on 06 Apr 2016 16:48

TechJunkie wrote:This one firm in Panama is not the only place this is done. This leak is the tip of a huge iceberg. That's the part that amazes me.

Coach wanted to know what impact this would have. Well, one world leader has already fallen from this. And lots of others are in cover-your-ass mode.

Exactly my thinking - this is just one firm. And as stated, especially for those of us in Miami, the practices here aren't news to anyone, but the leak with actual names is.

I think we'll see anon/hacktivists/etc target other similar law firms now -- maybe the mid-late 1990s days of hacks being done for ego, notoriety, thrill and challenge will come back, as opposed to what we've seen for the last decade or so where they were more done mainly for profit.
benm3

Postby Kamen on 06 Apr 2016 17:46

I think we'll see anon/hacktivists/etc target other similar law firms now -- maybe the mid-late 1990s days of hacks being done for ego, notoriety, thrill and challenge will come back, as opposed to what we've seen for the last decade or so where they were more done mainly for profit.

Ransomware attacks against these firms are probably next.

Theoretically, a skilled hacker could steal billions by hijacking some of these accounts.

Who does a crook call when a hacker wipes out his anonymous offshore bank accounts?
Kamen

Postby benm3 on 06 Apr 2016 18:01

Kamen wrote:

Ransomware attacks against these firms are probably next.

Theoretically, a skilled hacker could steal billions by hijacking some of these accounts.

Who does a crook call when a hacker wipes out his anonymous offshore bank accounts?

Trying to remain positive and nostalgic here. Thanks Kamen :cry:
benm3

Postby TechJunkie on 06 Apr 2016 18:53

Wow it's true. There are lots of account details in those documents and that's got to be a big part of why the raw documents aren't available to the public yet.

So thousands of people are vulnerable to their billions in funds being attacked the moment that the public leak happens. But they can't go and overtly shuffle their money around now. Imagine the anxious crime bosses, trying to figure out: should I risk confirming my connections to that money by trying to move it away from those account numbers that are listed in the documents?

There will be so many attackers trying so many different things. Poring over the documents to try to guess security confirmation questions. Super well researched social engineering hacks. All kinds of things.

This is all mind-blowing schadenfreude. Coach, you should be loving this. All of the one-percenter criminals going through this pain is your ultimate fantasy.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 06 Apr 2016 19:07

The password is "kitty".
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything