Miami night club news from the source

Donald Trump out-hates the haters

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 18 May 2017 12:31

Re: Donald Trump out-hates the haters

Yeah, that's a little excessive. JFK was treated way worse, for example.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 18 May 2017 13:09

coach wrote:

I mean, he's not wrong. I've seen it plenty of times. GOPers only gain empathy when they are touched by consequences. Actually, this applies to most humans, which is why most Americans just keep having more kids and sitting around in the backyard all fat and happy.

Very True
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby LeVeL on 18 May 2017 13:11

slamminshaun wrote:Breaking news, breaking news!!!!

phpBB [media]

Well your hero is FAT!!!

phpBB [media]
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 22 May 2017 13:07

http://reason.com/archives/2017/05/22/d ... mpeachment

The framers of the Constitution were careful to limit the applicability of this drastic remedy. In considering what sort of conduct to cover, they rejected the terms "malpractice" and "maladministration" in favor of the narrower "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." That formula was the work of James Madison, who didn't want the president to serve at the "pleasure of the Senate."

Impeachment is not a task for the impatient. More than two years passed after the Watergate break-in before the House Judiciary Committee voted against Nixon. The special prosecutor's investigation of Clinton began in January 1994, and the Monica Lewinsky affair came to light in January 1998. Not until December of that year did the House approve articles of impeachment.

It's crucial for impeachment to reflect more than a campaign against a president by the opposition party. Effectively overturning the result of a democratic election demands a national consensus that the president is guilty of serious offenses. Abusing his powers, behaving corruptly or violating his oath of office qualify. Ineptitude, folly and malignance don't.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 22 May 2017 14:23

I agree. You see how much trouble some of these countries where the political opposition can pretty much vote to depose a President/Prime Minister at their whim. Though I don't like Trump at all, he MUST be removed only for an act of actual treason or a high crime. Otherwise, we just have to sit through his incompetence for another 3 and a half years or the bombs drop.

I do have a question about treason, though. I am kind of surprised that starting a war based on lies is not counted as treason. I mean, sure, you'd have to prove that the President was actually lying and not just an idiot, but if you have an inquiry, it seems like you should be able to get ahold of the proper documents to prove or disprove that.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 22 May 2017 15:07

If Trump had committed an impeachable offense, I suspect the documents/concrete evidence would have been presented by now. The Dems have been hell-bent on making this guy's life impossible (as if he doesn't do it all on his own - Trump's worst enemy is Trump) and if they had the smoking gun, they would have dropped it by now. They've got the money and massive resources of the media to do it - but they haven't.

All they are doing is deadlocking government, which I should actually commend them for. But the irony here is that these are the people that want to have government do everything from womb to tomb. And with their current behavior, they aren't really selling their product (nationalize all the things!) very well.

Universal Healthcare, bought to you by the idiots who had difficulty impeaching the most impeachable President since Clinton. Yeah, I'm really gonna agree to having my individual rights abrogated for that.

The Dems are in big trouble, even more so than the Republicans. A friend of mine out west recently de-registered from the party and has told me it's becoming more and more common. It takes a lot of work to get someone to deregister from a political party.

Think about it. You have to fill out a form or go to a website. You have to remember the pertinent info. You probably have to reset a password, etc. It's a hassle. People are going through with that hassle because they don't want to be associated with the Party. People used to not bother changing their affiliation, even if they voted for someone else. Like disaffected Republicans voting for Obama in 2012. Or third party voters. They vote third party but remain registered to R or D since it's a pain to change it.

But now, there's a lot of Dems going "well, fuck you, you're just the same as Republicans but you pretend to be nice to minorities for votes..."

And yes, I know Republicans who de-registered from the R as well. Oddly enough most of them chose to go Libertarian rather than independent. The D's I know who dropped just went independent. They're unsure about libertarianism and they're not crazy enough to go Green, especially after Stein making a blatant money grab last November.

A lot of independents are moderates, and they are seeking a viable moderate party. While not a party, I read about this.

https://www.facebook.com/CentristProject/

http://www.centristproject.org/

Oddly enough they don't consider themselves a party, and their mission seems to be one of encouraging independent candidates. Which could be a viable plank if you think about it. I'm an oddball because with a few minor exceptions, I support the principles of my chosen party. It coincidentally matches up how I hope things will be. And even then, I have some disagreements. For example, I'm not too keen on open borders, but I choose not to make it a personal issue for me. It's not my hill to die on. Open borders, I'll grudgingly deal with it. I can take care of myself and my family. Restrictive borders make that job easier, but not to such a degree that I'm gonna howl about it.

But other people, of course, see things differently, and their chosen parties may not fully reflect their values. Which is why there's always been a strong current of independent voters, and it's rising again, especially as an organized movement. It sounds like a contradiction, ha ha.

As for Trump, is he having a hard time? Yes, yes he is. Like I said earlier he's used to a corporate structure, where his word is law. Government doesn't work like that. Outside of the walls of the WH, he can't rule by edict. Other presidents have tried and, of course, failed. Trump is no different. However, we run headlong into that pesky Constitution again. Trump is qualified to be President. He was born in the US and he's over 35. I'm qualified as well. And so are you. If the country wishes to establish further "job requirements" for POTUS, well, it needs to be written into the Constitution. It's really the only way if in fact we want to curtail our freedoms in that regard.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 22 May 2017 19:39

Even if you hate him, this is a good thing.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/22/repor ... lly-ground

Since President Donald Trump was sworn into office Jan. 20, just 39 rules have been submitted for review to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), the agency that reviews all significant federal regulations. There are currently 16 pending agency actions.

By comparison, the administration of fomer President Barack Obama had submitted 118 rules by the same point in the president's first year, according to the RegInfo.gov database

Whether it's deliberate or his inexperience with politics, this is a good thing.

Unless you get off on laws or something. Those people do exist by the way.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 23 May 2017 10:37

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby JMT on 24 May 2017 12:36

This, is CNN.

phpBB [media]