Miami night club news from the source

The word "terrorist"

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Apr 2016 20:33

Re: The word "terrorist"

Donald Trump is a domestic terrorist: Why the demagogue’s violent provocations demand judicial action

Donald Trump is a domestic terrorist. That assertion rests on two pillars: a definition and a pattern of facts.

In the definitions of terrorism, the common elements are the use of violence or the threat of violence to coerce or intimidate other people for political purposes.

It is widely recognized that Trump’s repeated incitements during campaign speeches are out of bounds.

He laments that his followers cannot follow the practice of older days when protesters were carried out of political meetings on stretchers. He expresses regret that he cannot punch protesters in the face. While he may not have engaged in violence himself, his inflammatory comments are virtual invitations for others to do so on his behalf — witness his campaign manager’s arrest for assault.

more...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 14 Apr 2016 12:27

TechJunkie wrote:
Donald Trump is a domestic terrorist: Why the demagogue’s violent provocations demand judicial action

Donald Trump is a domestic terrorist. That assertion rests on two pillars: a definition and a pattern of facts.

In the definitions of terrorism, the common elements are the use of violence or the threat of violence to coerce or intimidate other people for political purposes.

It is widely recognized that Trump’s repeated incitements during campaign speeches are out of bounds.

He laments that his followers cannot follow the practice of older days when protesters were carried out of political meetings on stretchers. He expresses regret that he cannot punch protesters in the face. While he may not have engaged in violence himself, his inflammatory comments are virtual invitations for others to do so on his behalf — witness his campaign manager’s arrest for assault.

more...

I blame the media.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby coach on 14 Apr 2016 13:12

TechJunkie wrote:
more...

It always amazes, confounds and distresses me when someone uses their 1st Amendment rights to advocate for the abrogation of another's 1st Amendment rights. Saying that someone else should lose their Constitutional rights is the absolute epitome of being anti-American, and yet, the beauty of being an American, with our Constitutional rights is that we can spout fascist nonsense without any fear of reprisal (other than someone blasting you on social media).

The other day, I had a FB "friend" make a statement that poor people using tax-payer supported assistance programs should not be allowed to stomp on the flag or have their welfare rescinded. I pointed out to him that basically he was that only rich people deserve freedom of speech. The right to stop on the flag is THE MOST IMPORTANT FREEDOM we have as Americans. All other rights and freedoms hang on that one. And, his idea was to extort people not to do it, a categorically fascist, dictatorial statement.

The writer cited by Techjunkie is doing the same thing, he is spouting anti-American repression of free speech whilst using his right to free speech. From what I can tell, he seems to want to extend the limitation of "yelling Fire in a crowded theater" to the internet and social media. Having that exception in the law is bad enough when it applies to a local, immediate action-reaction situation. But, then applying that to anything said on the internet ever, that is going to lead to massive repression of free speech. All you have to do is get one rioter to claim that he was incited by one comment on some online platform, and that whole platform could get shut down.

That sort of provision could easily get his own site, Salon, shut down. It would definitely get this site shut down. Can you imagine? "Pod said I should revolt, so I did."
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby JMT on 14 Apr 2016 13:42

JMT

Postby pod on 14 Apr 2016 15:07

I'll fight for your right to talk shit even if I find said shit repugnant. Limits on speech are abhorrent and more distasteful than offensive speech itself.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 26 May 2016 15:00

Peter Thiel about Gawker Media:

"Maybe I’m wrong and did something terrible to them, but I’m not particularly flattered by being targeted. I actually think it’s sort of the psychology of a terrorist, where it’s purely destructive and that Valleywag is the Silicon Valley equivalent of Al Qaeda," he told the site.

Thiel added, "It’s terrible for the Valley, which is supposed to be about people who are willing to think out loud and be different. I think they should be described as terrorists, not as writers or reporters. I don’t understand the psychology of people who would kill themselves and blow up buildings, and I don’t understand people who would spend their lives being angry; it just seems unhealthy."
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby slamminshaun on 19 Jun 2017 06:55

JMT wrote:Salon is a left-wing Onion.

http://forum.talknightlife.com/viewtopi ... =6&t=21906

slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Previous

Return to talk about Anything