Miami night club news from the source

The word "terrorist"

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Oct 2015 10:01

The word "terrorist"

Israel Calls a Man Its Soldiers Killed a “Terrorist”: Until They Realized He Was an Israeli Jew

The Jerusalem Post today describes the killing of a man by two IDF soldiers after, the soldiers claim, he was acting erratically and tried to grab one of their guns. When he was fatally shot by the IDF, says the paper, he was “believed to be an Arab terrorist.” As it turns out, he was not an Arab Palestinian but rather an Israeli Jew. Upon learning this, the “terrorist” designation was officially and “immediately” rescinded:

Only after the man was neutralized was it made clear that he was a Jew from Jerusalem, police concluded. …

ZAKA rescue and recovery chairman Yehuda Meshi Zahav, who was at the scene, said he also initially thought the suspect was an Arab terrorist.

“When I arrived with the ZAKA team at the site of the supposed terrorist attack, it seemed to be a ‘standard’ current terrorist attack, a stabbing attempt, and the terrorist was apprehended,” he said.

“I wanted to cover the body in a black bag [reserved for terrorists]. After I was asked to take care of the body I saw that he was a Jew, and that it was mistake to speak of a terrorist. I immediately notified the police and we switched to a white ZAKA body bag.”

This story was flagged by Remi Brulin, the NYU scholar whose work has been devoted to the “discourse of terrorism” and who has amply documented that the term is a meaningless concept that, from the start, has been used for propagandistic purposes. It’s hard to imagine an incident that more compellingly proves the point than this: “I wanted to cover the body in a black bag [reserved for terrorists]. After I was asked to take care of the body I saw that he was a Jew, and that it was mistake to speak of a terrorist. I immediately notified the police and we switched to a white ZAKA body bag.”

When they thought he was a Palestinian Arab, he was labelled a “terrorist,” and then as soon as they realized he was an Israeli Jew, the label was instantly withdrawn for that reason alone, even though the conduct was the same. That’s the manipulative, malleable concept of “terrorism” in a nutshell. As Rudy Giuliani put it in 2007 when asked whether waterboarding was torture: “It depends on who does it.”
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Oct 2015 10:03

Re: The word "terrorist"

Venezuela sues currency website over claims of cyberterrorism

Venezuela’s central bank has filed suit in the US against a website widely used to track the plummeting black market value of the country’s currency.

In an unusual complaint filled with images, high-flown language and even links to journalists’ personal websites, the bank alleged that managers of the site DolarToday are committing cyberterrorism and sowing economic chaos. The suit seeks to shut down the operation and exact monetary damages.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Oct 2015 10:07

Open letter from a Police Chief , this Black Lives Matter group is nothing more than an American born terrorist group brought on by the lie of the hands up don’t shoot during the criminal thug Michael Brown incident. The FBI and other Government Law Enforcement groups need to step up and put a stop to this.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Oct 2015 10:15

The Zone 9 Bloggers are Free: but Ethiopia Still Thinks Digital Security is Terrorism

The last of the Zone 9 Bloggers are finally free from jail, after nearly 18 months of detention for simply speaking out online. All the bloggers were acquitted of terrorism charges by the Ethiopian courts; one blogger, Befeqadu Hailu was found guilty of a single charge of "inciting violence" as a result of a confession made during his detention. He was released on bail last Wednesday. Given the time he has already served, he is unlikely to return to jail.

In the Zone 9 case, the heart of the prosecution revolved around Ethiopia's Anti-Terrorism Proclamation of 2009. This law presents the harshest of penalties (each blogger faced up to ten years imprisonment) for the vaguest of offenses.

Ethiopia's allies could certainly pressure the Desalegn regime to roll back the law. Unfortunately, the political cove—indeed the very mode—for the Anti-Terrorism Declaration comes from the domestic policies of those same countries. Teddy Workneh, a fellow at the University of Oregon, observes that Ethiopa's anti-terrorism laws, which include broad definitions of terrorist support and weak protections against pervasive surveillance, borrow their structure from other post-911 laws in Europe and the Americas. That means that without legal reform of their own anti-terrorism legislation at home, countries like the United States can only weakly urge Ethiopia to "to refrain from using its Anti-Terrorism Proclamation as a mechanism to curb the free exchange of ideas," rather than reject it outright.

Prosecutors in the Zone 9 case used the bloggers' possession of digital security manuals, including guides to using encryption to protect communications, as evidence that they were involved in terrorist activities. International government organizations like the United Nations, the OSCE, as well as the U.S. State department have all stated that encryption and secure communications are vital to free expression, or offered or funded digital security trainings to journalists.
Foreign governments that support these initiatives need to make it clear to allies like Ethiopia that the use of encryption and efforts to improve the security of one's communications are not indicators of terrorist intent, but part and parcel of the modern journalist's (or blogger's) toolkit.

They could begin now by raising this matter in another case now passing through the Ethiopian courts: that of Zelalem Workagegne, Yonatan Wolde, Abraham Solomon, and Bahiru Degu. According to their colleagues, these Ethiopians are being detained on terrorism charges primarily because of an invitation they received to take part in a digital security training session outside of Ethiopia.

Ethiopian prosecutors are trying to turn the responsible practices of any journalist, blogger or concerned Internet user into evidence of terrorism. The international community needs to step forward and make clear that this case, and others like it, are as unacceptable as any other attack on the Ethiopian media. The Zone 9 Bloggers are free, but no more Ethiopians should face the ridiculous accusations simply for caring to protect their own online communications.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 28 Oct 2015 06:55

LOL!!!
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Oct 2015 07:45

An example of a terrorist oroboros, a surprisingly common creature consisting of two different groups accusing one another of terrorism.
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Oct 2015 15:34

Earlier this week, while most international coverage was focused on the escalating violence in the region, Israeli lawmakers were addressing another threat — as they see it — to Israeli security: nonviolent grassroots activism. A new law proposed by MK Yinon Magal of right-wing Jewish Home party would ban entry to foreigners who promote the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement that aims to pressure Israel to comply with international law and respect Palestinian rights.

“Anyone who calls for a boycott of Israel is engaging in terrorism and must not be allowed to travel the country freely,” said Magal according to Haaretz.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 10 Apr 2016 08:14

Zouheir Bahloul, the only Arab MK in the Zionist Union, caused a furor on Thursday when he claimed the Palestinian who stabbed an IDF soldier in Hebron and was later shot dead by another soldier despite having already been neutralized - was not a terrorist.

Speaking to Army Radio, Bahloul made the distinction between those who attack civilians and those who attack soldiers.

"I agree the stabber is a murderer, but he is not a terrorist. My problem is when this word becomes too inclusive and turns every Palestinian into a terrorist," he said.

His statement garnered condemnations from across the political spectrum. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Bahloul's comments were "disgraceful. IDF soldiers protect our lives from bloodthirsty murderers with their bodies. I expect all citizens of Israel, and particularly members of Knesset, to give them full backing."

comments:

the Arab MK's constantly make provocative remarks.
if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it is a duck. so
the terrorist is a tewrrorist.

Hahaha...aldo it should not be funny.
A murderer is not a terrorist. Tjonge...geen COMMON SENCE hier...Bah!!!
Hitler was also a clown...not a terrorist of the LOWEST level...MK Bahloul?!!! Come on...SENCE TRUTH !!!

more...
TechJunkie

Postby coach on 12 Apr 2016 01:09

TechJunkie wrote:An example of a terrorist oroboros, a surprisingly common creature consisting of two different groups accusing one another of terrorism.

Actually, isn't this exactly how terrorism situations always work?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Apr 2016 20:32

coach wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:An example of a terrorist oroboros, a surprisingly common creature consisting of two different groups accusing one another of terrorism.

Actually, isn't this exactly how terrorism situations always work?

Hm, new corollary of Godwin's Law? Seems plausible.
TechJunkie

Next

Return to talk about Anything