Miami night club news from the source

Bike crashes in Miami have nearly doubled in the past nine y

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 16 Jul 2015 12:25

Bike crashes in Miami have nearly doubled in the past nine y

Go for it.
http://miamigeographic.com/2015/07/15/b ... 2005-2013/
I'll get started. I am sure that despite the fact that cycling is a cleaner, healthier, more interesting, more community-centric and less dangerous to others form of transit, I am sure you car-fuckers will continue to say it's okay to run them over anytime they get in your way. I just wonder, how does it feel to be on the wrong side of history?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 16 Jul 2015 12:41

Re: Bike crashes in Miami have nearly doubled in the past ni

Notice the signs on the roads today say "share the road", not "The road is exclusively for cars (or bikes)". If car drivers want exclusivity there's the turnpike. If cyclists want exclusivity there's a dizzying array of bike paths throughout South Florida.

At the risk of rehashing the same old bullshit, cyclists on public roads where automotive traffic goes are expected to obey the same traffic laws motor vehicles are. Stop signs, red lights, construction zones, cops, etc.

And no one here every really condoned running over cyclists. If they did, it was for effect and not in seriousness.

I think there's enough room for everyone on the road provided everyone respects everyone else. That's a cultural thing by the way, and doesn't really lend itself to legislation.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 16 Jul 2015 12:48

What we can take away from this post...

Coach does not own a car and only rides his bike everywhere. Being annoyed by Critical Mass terrorists makes you a supporter of vehicular homicide. Every collision between a bike and a car is the fault of the car. Bicycles are the only future for human transportation.
JMT

Postby pod on 16 Jul 2015 12:56

JMT wrote:What we can take away from this post...

Coach does not own a car and only rides his bike everywhere. Being annoyed by Critical Mass terrorists makes you a supporter of vehicular homicide. Every collision between a bike and a car is the fault of the car. Bicycles are the only future for human transportation.

Actually (unless he sold it) he owns a pick-up. I drove it once.

I'm not opposed to cycling. I happen to have loved it when I was younger and wouldn't mind getting back into it. However, it's another expensive recreational activity, though I suppose I could forgo that $800 Aimpoint optic for now.

There's a pretty cool trail that starts 1 block from PodPlex 2.0, even.

My only real cringe-worthy moment would be if I were to go to Markham. I'd have to strap a bike rack to my E92, and that's not happening.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 16 Jul 2015 15:44

If everybody rode bikes then Coach would be protesting for pedestrian's rights instead. The front wheel of my bike is tacoed and my fork is bent from all of the pedestrians I've hit with it.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 16 Jul 2015 16:09

TechJunkie wrote:If everybody rode bikes then Coach would be protesting for pedestrian's rights instead. The front wheel of my bike is tacoed and my fork is bent from all of the pedestrians I've hit with it.

Barbarian! You should be in jail.

/snark.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 17 Jul 2015 11:33

pod wrote:If cyclists want exclusivity there's a dizzying array of bike paths throughout South Florida.

This is so absolutely not true. That is one of the big issues, not only the lack of proper bike lanes, but also the massive misconception that there are a lot of bike lanes.
coach

What do you do?

Postby coach on 17 Jul 2015 11:35

JMT wrote:What we can take away from this post...

I know, I know. Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and it is just a massive coincidence that the places with highest gun ownership also have the highest rate of gun-related deaths.
coach

What do you do?

Postby JMT on 17 Jul 2015 11:42

Bikes kill people. Ban bikes.
JMT

Postby coach on 17 Jul 2015 11:44

coach

What do you do?