Miami night club news from the source

NAACP state director accused of faking her blackness

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 07:52

Re: NAACP state director accused of faking her blackness

pod wrote:I just sincerely hope you respect or at least tolerate others' (including mine) decisions on personal protection and self-defense.

Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. You can fuck anybody you want and you can marry anybody you want. Those are your personal decisions. But your ammosexuality is not.

You campaigning for a society full of guns puts me and my family at a risk of being killed in a homicide that's seven times higher, and at a risk of being killed in a gun homicide that's 20 times higher. Your fist just hit my nose.

That's aside from you putting the people around you, like me, at risk whenever I spend time with you. Since many different studies show that you're more likely to shoot me than any bad guy. Your fist just hit my nose again.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2015 13:31

You are at risk in society just by living. You've been at risk in this society since the day you were born. There were hundreds of millions of firearms in society then, there are now. You are still here. I wouldn't stress out about it so much.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 14:08

My family and I are at seven times the risk of getting killed in a homicide because of gun nuts who incorrectly think that they're making themselves safer by carrying guns around. Isn't your argument that guns keep everybody safer? That's demonstrably false, as many studies show. More guns in society put every person at a seven times greater risk of being killed in a homicide, and your guns put you and the people around you at greater risk of being killed in an accidental fatal shooting.

Do you deny those statistics? Or do you think that you're somehow an exception?
TechJunkie

Postby wintering6 on 21 Jun 2015 14:48

TechJunkie wrote:
pod wrote:I just sincerely hope you respect or at least tolerate others' (including mine) decisions on personal protection and self-defense.

Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. You can fuck anybody you want and you can marry anybody you want. Those are your personal decisions. But your ammosexuality is not.

You campaigning for a society full of guns puts me and my family at a risk of being killed in a homicide that's seven times higher, and at a risk of being killed in a gun homicide that's 20 times higher. Your fist just hit my nose.

That's aside from you putting the people around you, like me, at risk whenever I spend time with you. Since many different studies show that you're more likely to shoot me than any bad guy. Your fist just hit my nose again.

You're so full of it, Ryan. Let's state the obvious first; you rarely spend time with anyone except your family. Were you at Dan's birthday? Nope. When was the last time you hung out with him? The work meeting with Nick doesn't count. So how is Dan putting you or your family at risk?

Also, you mentioned in another post that guns are rarely used to defend people. WRONG. There's a site called gunssavelives.net & they have a map that links to news stories of people who defended another with their gun.

Also, I didn't read the exact post but don't ever drag me or my son into this. Dan is super safe storing his guns & unlike you, if someone tries to break into my place & harm me & Diego, at least we have a defense. You don't.
wintering6

Purpose of your visit?: Pod

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 15:06

Why do you think that you're immune to the statistics that show that you're more likely to be harmed by your man's guns than any bad guy? You think that he's far more responsible than other gun owners? How is the idea that most gun owners are irresponsible a justification for widespread gun ownership by any random person who has enough cash to arm themselves?
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2015 18:06

TechJunkie wrote:Why do you think that you're immune to the statistics that show that you're more likely to be harmed by your man's guns than any bad guy? You think that he's far more responsible than other gun owners? How is the idea that most gun owners are irresponsible a justification for widespread gun ownership by any random person who has enough cash to arm themselves?

A supermajority of firearms owners are responsible with their equipment, whether you want to believe that or not. For decades there's been north of 300 million privately-owned guns in this country. By your metric, we should be wading knee-deep in the blood of schoolchildren now.

I'm guessing in your world anyone who owns a gun should be subject to ATF audits every six months. Yay government. For a successful self-starting entrepreneur like yourself, I'm shocked at your acceptance of "societal mores" and government interference. Be the crazy and admirable individualist I know you are - don't be the boring old conformist trying to enforce his worldview on others.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby wintering6 on 21 Jun 2015 18:09

TechJunkie wrote:Why do you think that you're immune to the statistics that show that you're more likely to be harmed by your man's guns than any bad guy? You think that he's far more responsible than other gun owners? How is the idea that most gun owners are irresponsible a justification for widespread gun ownership by any random person who has enough cash to arm themselves?

You're so misguided. I think I know what's best for me & my son. If I felt unsafe at all, I would not be with him. I'm overly protective of Diego to the point his dad has said "Damn, cut the cord." But you're focusing on safety - yeah, Ryan, we got that. Guns are locked up safe nightly. I think we know more about guns & safety than you. I worked for the Boy Scouts for a decade - wilderness survival, CPR, defending yourself, gun safety - so aside from Dan, I know what's going on.

What you're not focusing on is what happens if a guy breaks into your place? Tell me how you'll defend your family. Please, I really want to know. And Tai Chi doesn't count.
wintering6

Purpose of your visit?: Pod

Postby Dade on 21 Jun 2015 18:49

1. Pod, you constantly misrepresent the truth as relates to this issue. Your claim that most gun homicides are not done with legally-purchased weapons is not true. In fact, every mass killing lately has been done with legal guns.

2. Yes, most firearm owners don't kill themselves or a family member but that should not be the standard. Every week in America many children are injured or killed by playing with a legal gun in their parents' home. How many is too many, Dan? 3000 people were killed in the 9/11 attacks and we all agreed that we had to do whatever we could to stop it from happening again. That 3000 total represents the number of people dying in mass murder attacks with legal guns in America every two years buy you don't think there's a problem and you don't think we should do anything.

3. Your claim that people bent on mayhem are not going to wait at gun stores is also not true. Again, every mass killing in recent times was done with a weapon(s) that were bought legally. So...just like this kid in SC...the people bent on mayhen are actually doing just that.
Dade

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 18:54

wintering6 wrote:I think I know what's best for me & my son.

The guns in our society put me and my daughter at a risk of getting killed in a homicide that is SEVEN TIMES greater than it would be in a country with sensible gun regulations, because of a gun homicide rate that is TWENTY TIMES higher. That makes it a much bigger issue than you deciding what's right for you and your son.

And you're basically saying that most gun owners are irresponsible and that you're better than them. That's not a strong argument for letting any random person own guns.
TechJunkie

Postby Dade on 21 Jun 2015 18:55

Seriously, Pod and Shannon, watch this. It's funny but every point he makes is valid.

phpBB [media]
Dade

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything