Miami night club news from the source

NAACP state director accused of faking her blackness

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 18 Jun 2015 14:36

Re: NAACP state director accused of faking her blackness

Dade wrote:Again...none of that has anything to do with Rachel Dolezal. She claimed to be black by lying about who her parents are. She falsely claimed to have black ancestry in order to get scholarships, jobs, admission and other things. Now that she has been busted, she is claiming that a person can be black by simply loving black culture and by living a life of blackness, whatever that means.

And if my aunt had wheels, she'd be a wagon.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: 57-N-231
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 20 Jun 2015 17:17

TechJunkie wrote:Asperger syndrome is classified as a disorder because of the problems that it causes for people who have it, not because of politics.

Long before police say Dylann Roof massacred nine people at a Charleston, South Carolina, church this week, his relatives recall he was a "sweet kid" who grew into a "painfully shy" loner.

But along the way, they told NBC News, he became caught up in something sinister online.

"He was locked in his room looking up bad stuff on his computer," Roof's ex-stepmother, Paige Mann, said Saturday from her home in Chapin, South Carolina. "Something on the computer drew him in — this is Internet evil."

Mann described her former stepson as "very smart — too smart," and said that he was "bored in advanced classes" in school.

Mann said Roof also had some obsessive tendencies like germaphobia, and maintained a bowl cut that she first gave him when he was 3.

"He would fixate on things. His dad tried to help him. His mother tried to help him. We all really tried to help him," she said.

more...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 20 Jun 2015 17:40

Does South Carolina have provisions for 5150 or a Baker Act law?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 20 Jun 2015 23:31

pod wrote:Does South Carolina have provisions for 5150 or a Baker Act law?

I don't understand the question. You wouldn't Baker Act somebody just for having Asperger Syndrome.
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2015 00:21

TechJunkie wrote:
I don't understand the question. You wouldn't Baker Act somebody just for having Asperger Syndrome.

The assailant clearly had more issues than Asperger's Syndrome...
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 00:30

Do you think that there is an FBI database of gun nuts with Asperger Syndrome?

Should there be?
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2015 00:36

TechJunkie wrote:Do you think that there is an FBI database of gun nuts with Asperger Syndrome?

Should there be?

There used to be a quite robust mental health establishment in the US via both public and private resources. Plus, the supermajority of parents used to care about their kids and not dope them up with meds or let the State and caretakers raise them. My parents weren't perfect, but shit, I was taught right from wrong.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Jun 2015 00:41

Not exactly an answer.

The most dangerous people are the ones who are functional enough to pass for normal when they want to do something like ... buy a gun. Or fit into a Bible study class. But who are unhinged enough to do something horrific. There are an unsettling number of Pod quotes about overcoming the instinct to not take a life, or whatever. The strategy that you keep endorsing for preventing gun homicides is for somebody to report the shooter to the NCIS or the FBI or whatever before they shoot somebody. Before they even buy a single gun. Does that mean that we should report you or does it mean that the overall strategy of reporting killers before they kill is kind of stupid?
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 21 Jun 2015 01:04

You are acting like there's this mass amount of crafty folk out there who can "pass" to get a gun via legal means. Not quite. Most people bent on mayhem aren't going to the gun store and sitting there for an hour waiting for the NICS inquiry to come back.

Again, I acknowledge the outliers, the people you point out (who do exist!) who might be in stealth mode and calculate (over years) to do their dirty deeds. But for the most part, your average killer isn't exactly going to the shop and acquiring a gun. He steals one or uses another instrument to commit his crime. But why abrogate a right based on a small percentage of people who abuse it?

And yes, responsibility in ownership is something that is very very important, a responsibility that I and millions of others take very seriously. I respect your decisions to not own or carry, I just sincerely hope you respect or at least tolerate others' (including mine) decisions on personal protection and self-defense.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 21 Jun 2015 07:07

Dade wrote:This woman is pathological.

She was interviewed by Matt Lauer

Matt Lauer has been busy interviewing pathological liars lately. But instead of this one being fired from his employer forever, NBC has decided to bring him back and pay him $10 million year!

http://www.thewrap.com/brian-williams-s ... exclusive/
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything