Miami night club news from the source

Jury nullification in FL; man "not guilty" for growing pot

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 15 May 2015 16:39

Re: Jury nullification in FL; man "not guilty" for growing p

TechJunkie wrote:so if your health is not even worth discussing because of how WRONG it is that hippies don't control the One World government through direct democracy then how can we even begin to think about art?

LRN2RD man. If the issue is prescription of a substance as a provable health benefit, talk to the FDA, not the legislature. I'm not at all against that. But, if you are working through the legislative branch while claiming that it is for medicinal use only, then you are just plain lying because that is not how medicine works in this country. (Maybe it should, but as Dade pointed out to me in the Sex on the Beach case, that is not the discussion we are having.)

If you just want to smoke pot for the fun of it, then yeah, I'm going to stand by my claim that there are more important issues to spend time on.

I'm not even going to bother addressing your misconceptions about what we are doing with our organization, since I know you haven't a clue, but it does stem from a basis of solid research. If you would ever like to show up and discuss it, I would be happy to do so.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 15 May 2015 16:40

JMT wrote:The whole point is decriminalization. How can you say STFU, and then say that you are interested in seeing it decriminalized? Contradictory, indeed.

Then the medical marijuana campaigners are just lying, is that what you are saying?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 15 May 2015 17:42

They probably are at least fudging the truth. Medicinal use is a stepping stone to full legalization. When fighting to regain your lost freedoms, doing it by increments is the key. I've researched this on other subjects.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 15 May 2015 17:45

pod wrote:They excused me from jury duty because in my grandstanding during voir dire I mentioned jury nullification.

Having a college degree seems to get me rejected from the jury pool every time.

benm3 wrote:Lawyers never mention jury nullification, on either side of the fence.

I don't think that defense attorneys have the option of mentioning jury nullification.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby TechJunkie on 15 May 2015 17:46

coach wrote:I'm not even going to bother addressing your misconceptions about what we are doing with our organization, since I know you haven't a clue, but it does stem from a basis of solid research. If you would ever like to show up and discuss it, I would be happy to do so.

You're defeating the oligarchy through art?
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 15 May 2015 17:58

Artists have played a part in bringing down governments before. Vaclav Havel was a playwright if I remember correctly.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 16 May 2015 07:01

coach wrote:LRN2RD man. If the issue is prescription of a substance as a provable health benefit, talk to the FDA, not the legislature.

The same FDA that the drug companies and the rest of the oligarchy have control over? How is that supposed to help?
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby TechJunkie on 16 May 2015 08:25

slamminshaun wrote:
coach wrote:LRN2RD man. If the issue is prescription of a substance as a provable health benefit, talk to the FDA, not the legislature.

The same FDA that the drug companies and the rest of the oligarchy have control over? How is that supposed to help?

It's really simple: Coach wants there to be one huge world government that keeps everything fair for everybody by fixing prices and wages and through other regulation, and he wants everybody to control it through direct democracy. So there would be an FDA but 'the people' would control it.

So of course cannabis would be an approved medicine since people who want it banned are probably in a minority, world-wide.

And it's unjust for the oligarchy to go around spraying poor farmers' coca crops in Colombia, right? So that would all stop and cocaine would be legal. Power to the people.

Those noble opium cultivators in Afghanistan. Same thing. Why should Big Pharma be able to use militaries to stop them from turning their poppies into heroin and shipping it to Baltimore?

And those freedom fighters from MS13 who make crystal meth. The oligarchs only fight that to keep you getting your caffeine fix from Diet Coke.

But SUGAR! An FDA controlled by direct democracy would obviously ban sugar, since people like Dr Oz and Food Babe have successfully educated the public about how sugar is toxic and dangerous. And glutens would be banned. So would MSG. And don't even suggest allowing GMOs, since those are just part of Monsanto's evil oligarchic conspiracy theory to turn us into obedient serfs by modifying our chromosomes. An FDA controlled by the people would fight back against Big Food and their evil tricks.
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 16 May 2015 08:43

A world government only works in Star Trek. Even then they touched on dissidents and malcontents who were free to leave and go their own way.

For someone who seems to be of the rebellious sort, Jimbo has exhibited a strong statist streak lately.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Dade on 18 May 2015 11:19

I can't really disagree with Coach's argument that medical marijuana advocates are mostly just people who want to get high but there are proven benefits from it and it should be legal.

What I disagree with is that we shouldn't focus on it because there are more important things. I think we can focus on more than one thing at a time. We can worry about gay rights and pot and the oligarchs. At least we should be able to.
Dade

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything