Postby pod on 18 May 2015 11:38

Re: Jury nullification in FL; man "not guilty" for growing p

Exactly.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 02 Dec 2015 13:05

“I was speechless:” Man charged with felony for passing out jury nullification fliers in front of courthouse

Wood's Attorney Dave Kallman told FOX 17 the charges are "outrageous," especially after Wood posted bond set at $150,000 last Tuesday. Obstruction of justice is a five-year felony with up to $10,000 in fines, and attempting to influence jurors is a one-year misdemeanor with fines up to $1,000.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 02 Dec 2015 17:16

JMT wrote:“I was speechless:” Man charged with felony for passing out jury nullification fliers in front of courthouse

Wood's Attorney Dave Kallman told FOX 17 the charges are "outrageous," especially after Wood posted bond set at $150,000 last Tuesday. Obstruction of justice is a five-year felony with up to $10,000 in fines, and attempting to influence jurors is a one-year misdemeanor with fines up to $1,000.

Yet another idiot who thinks that the First Amendment makes any kind of restriction on speech illegal. Everybody loves the Constitution but nobody wants to learn about it.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 02 Dec 2015 17:25

Whether it's legal or not will be decided by the very courts he hoped to inform people about. My feeling is they'll be assholes about it.

Jury nullification should be spoken about more often and everyone should know about it. However, standing in front of the courthouse talking about it, even if you are in the right, is playing with fire. If you are going to campaign for something like that, you should be prepared to accept the fact that you may just get slammed around a bit.

Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus, fully well knowing she was gonna get into some shit for it.

It's like the time I went along with Carlos Miller on one of his photo expeditions a few years ago. I sort of expected to be detained. I was pleasantly surprised though when the cops who did show up actually laughed and took our side. The gist of the situation was we were on public property taking a photo of the (now demolished) Herald building, and we taunted and harassed the security guard who told us to stop taking photos. We called him names, made fun of his tin badge, etc. PD rolled in and did nothing, much to my surprise. I figured they'd give CM a hard time just because.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 02 Dec 2015 23:59

pod wrote:It's like the time I went along with Carlos Miller on one of his photo expeditions a few years ago. I sort of expected to be detained. I was pleasantly surprised though when the cops who did show up actually laughed and took our side. The gist of the situation was we were on public property taking a photo of the (now demolished) Herald building, and we taunted and harassed the security guard who told us to stop taking photos. We called him names, made fun of his tin badge, etc. PD rolled in and did nothing, much to my surprise. I figured they'd give CM a hard time just because.

That was a revealing story about PINAC and his little spats with authority, and you probably shouldn't have told us that.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 03 Dec 2015 08:48

It's no secret that sometimes Carlos antagonizes authority just because. However I do feel PINAC is a great thing overall. And also, I think Carlos hates me these days. He posted an article about a 9 year-old juvenile delinquent. I thought the kid looked like Carl from TWD. I totally derailed the conversation for five minutes.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 02 Jun 2017 14:48

Jurors Convict Man for Telling People About Jury Nullification

But Mecosta County prosecutors say the information in the pamphlets misrepresented the legal system and could lead to a lawless society.
JMT

Postby slamminshaun on 02 Jun 2017 15:47

Thanks JMT. The Slammer forgot about this thread, and this prediction by His Clairvoyance.....

slamminshaun wrote:The door has been kicked wide open....the steamroller is coming....

Teplicki is the first person in Florida to have a jury of his peers decide if he’s guilty or not of using marijuana as a medicine.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Jess ... 21291.html

And come the steamroller did. What a change in two years.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby pod on 02 Jun 2017 16:54

Crikey, remember when polite argument was the norm around here?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Previous

Return to talk about Anything