Miami night club news from the source

Do fast-food workers warrant being paid $15/hour?

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 28 Feb 2017 17:23

Re: Do fast-food workers warrant being paid $15/hour?

How about taxing no one's income? I'll allow for consumption tax just to keep the peace with the 'muh roads' crowd. But beyond that, hold a fucking bake sale if you want to build a bridge.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 01 Mar 2017 00:41

coach wrote:
slamminshaun wrote:Wendy's Unleashes 1,000 Robots To Counter Higher Labor Costs

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-2 ... abor-costs

Coach, how many of those recently unemployed people have you offered to sleep on your couch?

Seems only fair. Do the right thing man.

I see, Wendy's profits are WAY down, they are losing money hand over fist and need to find some way to cut costs. Those poor executives.

Oh wait, maybe you should fucking learn how to Google before you say stupid shit. They're making plenty of money. This money just goes back into their pocket to buy more yachts and hookers. This is just a continuation of the upward transfer of wealth that I've been talking about for like a decade. But you assfucks just keep trying to blame it on the victims who are just trying to feed their kids.

So, what's your plan, Shaun? Just gonna let those kids die in the street? Or are you going to give MASSIVE tax-supported subsidies to multi-billionaires to support those people they de-employed? Hm? That's pretty much your two option.

I mean, of course, there's always the option of taxing the billionaires, but jeezus we can't do that. Those are the job creators, remember what your Lord Reagan said. REMEMBER THE TRICKLE DOWN!!!

Coach, people here are talking about wage hikes on the cost of labor being a bad idea. That isn't because they're oligarchs with yachts who want children to die in the street.

Is that not obvious?

Let's please try to come together by agreeing on a goal:

None of us want children to die in the street. Yes? Agree?

I think that we can also stipulate to the fact that none of us here have a yacht.

STIPULATING TO ALL OF THAT:

Those of us who object to wage hikes are objecting because we think that it wouldn't be good for anybody. Including kids who might die in the street.

Does that seem like a crazy thing to agree on? Or do we need to go back to the previous step?

Can we move on from here to the topic of incentives? Do we all agree so far? Nobody wants David Copperfield to die. Nobody wants David Copperfields to happen in the first place. Agree? Everybody?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 09 Mar 2017 11:40

JMT

Postby coach on 14 Mar 2017 17:50

TechJunkie wrote:Those of us who object to wage hikes are objecting because we think that it wouldn't be good for anybody. Including kids who might die in the street.

Definitely, we should pay people less. That would most certainly help them have better lives.

Nothing you said in that whole post made any sense.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby TechJunkie on 16 Mar 2017 15:31

Nothing I said. That helps me calibrate a response about incentives:

I have a small business that sells widgets. I have ten employees. I have to sell a hundred and twenty widgets a day to stay in business. Four of my employees can produce 20 widgets a day, four of them produce about ten widgets a day, and two of them can barely get two or three widgets done per day.

Should I pay them all the same $15/hour? If any one of my top performers finds a better gig then everybody else could be out of a job. Does it really benefit those losers who can barely produce two or three widgets a day, to prop them up in an unsustainable situation?

This is about incentives. Is incentivizing higher productivity a bad thing?
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Mar 2017 20:00

Judge strikes down Miami Beach’s minimum wage increase

Miami Beach’s new minimum wage law, which aims to raise the mandatory citywide wage to $13.31 by 2021, was struck down in Miami-Dade circuit court Tuesday, setting the stage for an escalation in the legal showdown between Tallahassee and City Hall.

The Florida Retail Federation, Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association and Florida Chamber of Commerce filed suit against the city in December over the city law, arguing that it is preempted by state law. Later, state Attorney General Pam Bondi filed a motion to intervene to defend the constitutionality of the state preemption law.

On Tuesday, Judge Peter Lopez invalidated the ordinance, ruling in favor of the alliance of the state and the statewide business groups, which insisted the requirement would be devastating for local businesses.

R. Scott Shalley, president and CEO of the retail federation, called the decision “great news for Florida retailers and the entire business community, as this ruling does not place an additional mandate on local businesses by requiring Miami Beach business owners to provide wages above what the state has previously established in law.”

Miami Beach’s attorneys said they will appeal immediately.

$8.10 is Florida’s minimum wage, as of Jan. 1 this year

Florida’s minimum wage went up from $8.05 to $8.10 an hour on Jan 1. Lauded by labor unions and derided by business interests, the Beach’s ordinance mandates the new citywide minimum to be set at $10.31 on Jan. 1, 2018, and then increase by a dollar a year until 2021. The effective date of 2018 was purposeful — attorneys anticipated a legal challenge and wanted to give the city time to sort it out.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Apr 2017 06:37

I would love to say, "Right on", but this article you cited came from The Spin Zone. It says that San Diego added 1,300 restaurant jobs. Then it tries to rationalize that 1,300 jobs added is really a job loss of 4,000. Later in the article it says that San Diego's growth is negative. After saying that there were 1,300 new jobs in that period. And the sample size and time span are both too small for any results to be meaningful. And it's from a clearly biased source.

Sorry but this one doesn't pass the basic Internet literacy threshold for taking it seriously.
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 13 Apr 2017 07:45

If you actually read the cited links, most of that was explained. But since you possess such advanced basic internet literacy skills and have never once drawn an incorrect conclusion on this board, surely you already knew that.
JMT

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything