Miami night club news from the source

FAO Pod...gun question

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Dade on 15 Apr 2015 17:34

Re: FAO Pod...gun question

Can you summarize that in a couple of sentences for us, Pod?
Dade

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 15 Apr 2015 17:38

Dade wrote:Can you summarize that in a couple of sentences for us, Pod?

I hate doing that but whatever.

"The framework for screening prohibited persons from firearms ownership exists - the Feds need to publicize that doctors can place people on the 'ban' list - we have enough restrictions on firearms ownership - enforcement is just shoddy."

See you at the range.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: 57-N-231
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 15 Apr 2015 18:01

On Sunday afternoon in a two-story home on Cleveland’s East Side, a 3-year-old boy picked up an unattended handgun and shot a 1-year-old boy in the face, police said. Minutes later, the infant was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“It’s a sad day for Cleveland,” Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told reporters outside the home later Sunday. “Everybody has to know that this fascination we have with handguns, not just in this city but in this country, has to stop.”

more...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby wintering6 on 15 Apr 2015 23:37

Dade wrote:Can you summarize that in a couple of sentences for us, Pod?

You both go off on rants. Both of you - get to the damn point. And yes, I told him this. I barely have time to puruse this board with my job, much less reply constantly. How you guys go on two page rants is beyond me...
wintering6

Purpose of your visit?: Pod

Postby wintering6 on 15 Apr 2015 23:46

TechJunkie wrote:
On Sunday afternoon in a two-story home on Cleveland’s East Side, a 3-year-old boy picked up an unattended handgun and shot a 1-year-old boy in the face, police said. Minutes later, the infant was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“It’s a sad day for Cleveland,” Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told reporters outside the home later Sunday. “Everybody has to know that this fascination we have with handguns, not just in this city but in this country, has to stop.”

more...

Ryan, stop already. People are going to be irresponsible & assholes. Some people are. Stop categorizing people based on "news reports." MOST PEOPLE are responsible but do they report on that? What happens when someone breaks into your home & tries to steal your shit & points a gun at your wife & Sierra. Think that won't happen? It's all about chance. How are you going to defend her in that situation? Tai Chi? Please. We have a secure box with a code Diego can't get into. But if someone tries to threaten him, he's protected.
wintering6

Purpose of your visit?: Pod

Postby LeVeL on 16 Apr 2015 09:18

Who is Wintering's?

I was a Gun Owner at one point and decided to away my Fire-Arm, after a Police Department Give-Back Event. I am living my life fine without it, never had to pull it out or fire it at someone.

If owning a Fire-Arm makes you safe, then more power to you. My fists, personality, street-smarts has kept me safe all my life. I have hung out with a lot of bad people and have roamed many bad neighborhoods.

A real Bad Guy will present themselves to you anonymously and attack, when you least expected. People tend to watch too many crime drama's and actions flicks. They think that they will be locked and ready to shoot once the bad-guy approaches or attacks.

It simply doesn't work out that way in a real life scenario. You can go to the range as many time's as possible, train on real life scenario's and it still wont prevent you getting into a shoot out or getting shot at.

So go ahead and buy as many guns and ammo as possible. Most probably you wont ever get to use it..lol
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 16 Apr 2015 10:30

LeVeL wrote:Who is Wintering's?

I was a Gun Owner at one point and decided to away my Fire-Arm, after a Police Department Give-Back Event. I am living my life fine without it, never had to pull it out or fire it at someone.

If owning a Fire-Arm makes you safe, then more power to you. My fists, personality, street-smarts has kept me safe all my life. I have hung out with a lot of bad people and have roamed many bad neighborhoods.

A real Bad Guy will present themselves to you anonymously and attack, when you least expected. People tend to watch too many crime drama's and actions flicks. They think that they will be locked and ready to shoot once the bad-guy approaches or attacks.

It simply doesn't work out that way in a real life scenario. You can go to the range as many time's as possible, train on real life scenario's and it still wont prevent you getting into a shoot out or getting shot at.

So go ahead and buy as many guns and ammo as possible. Most probably you wont ever get to use it..lol

Wintering6 AKA Interview Junkie AKA Ms Pod. She posts once in awhile.

Level, you did the moronic thing possible - you surrendered your firearms to the fucking government for pennies on the dollar, when there's plenty of perfectly legal private businesses that would have gladly taken them off of your hands for a reasonable prices. I'd call you an idiot but I consider you a friend so I'll be nice and just say you did a stupid thing.

Level, I sure hope I never get to use my firearms or ammunition in a violent encounter. If the only thing I ever do with them is poke holes in paper and run around in a field shooting at reactive targets, that's fine by me.

Most people who come out second place in a conflict, armed or not, are victims of poor situational awareness and planning. Bad guys look for easy targets. Are they gonna go for the guy with his head on a swivel or are they going to go for the jackass fiddling with his cell phone? If you have good SA, you'll probably never even get into a position where drawing down on someone is necessary. A pistol is a nice "just in case" device. You might be a ninja master, but if someone pulls a gun or knife on you, it's more effective to neutralize him with a gun than your hands. Try tangling H2H with a guy with a knife - you will get cut, even if you are up on your fighting techniques. I filmed an educational video with some LEO trainers a few months ago, one of courses was "disarm/H2H" - the lesson taught in terms of knives is basically that you will get cut, and the whole object is to get cut in a place where you won't bleed out.

But I'm rambling.

In not so many words, the choice to own or carry a firearm is a personal one, not subject to validation by anyone else. If you choose not to, I won't look down upon you. I expect the same courtesy from everyone else.

And damnit, next time you feel the itch to sell your guns, let your old buddy Pod know and I'll take you to any number of reputable outlets.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: 57-N-231
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 16 Apr 2015 10:40

Pardon me Ms. Pod. :D

I didn't know she was Interview Junkie...wow that brings memories.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Dade on 16 Apr 2015 11:36

wintering6 wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:

more...

Ryan, stop already. People are going to be irresponsible & assholes. Some people are. Stop categorizing people based on "news reports." MOST PEOPLE are responsible but do they report on that? What happens when someone breaks into your home & tries to steal your shit & points a gun at your wife & Sierra. Think that won't happen? It's all about chance. How are you going to defend her in that situation? Tai Chi? Please. We have a secure box with a code Diego can't get into. But if someone tries to threaten him, he's protected.

I can answer that for Ryan. In MOST cases, you end up shot with your own gun. The statistics are very clear that having a gun in your house DOES NOT make you more safe. In fact, it makes you more likely to get shot.
Dade

Postby P.L.U.R. <3 on 16 Apr 2015 11:40

Dade wrote: In MOST cases, you end up shot with your own gun. The statistics are very clear that having a gun in your house DOES NOT make you more safe. In fact, it makes you more likely to get shot.

NOT TRUE!
If someone pulls a gun or knife on you, it's more effective to neutralize him with a gun than your hands. Try tangling H2H with a guy with a knife - you will get cut, even if you are up on your fighting techniques

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
P.L.U.R. <3

Purpose of your visit?: BANNED

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything