Miami night club news from the source

FAO Pod...gun question

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 16 Apr 2015 11:47

Re: FAO Pod...gun question

Dade - the trick is not to be a statistic. I spend way too much money making sure of that. It's one thing to have the items, it's another thing entirely to know how to use them. Yes, I take classes once or twice a month. I'm not as good as the gents at L&L, but I do know how to clear and secure a house. Ms Pod provides backup.

And yes, nothing is certain. I'd rather leave this mortal coil in a pile of brass knowing I tried to defend myself rather than begging for my life because some indigent decided he liked my TV and was willing to kill for it.

PLUR - shut up, then go tangle with a crackhead in Harlem with only your hands. You've got Obamacare and a cell phone, right comrade?

Why the heck is the board taking forever to load?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby P.L.U.R. <3 on 16 Apr 2015 11:48

pod wrote:PLUR - shut up, then go tangle with a crackhead in Harlem with only your hands. You've got Obamacare and a cell phone, right comrade?

yeah, okay ninja master :roll:
are you practicing catching flies with your chopstick while disarming an Isis soldier? :lol:
P.L.U.R. <3

Purpose of your visit?: BANNED

Postby P.L.U.R. <3 on 16 Apr 2015 11:52

phpBB [media]
P.L.U.R. <3

Postby pod on 16 Apr 2015 11:57

P.L.U.R. <3 wrote:

yeah, okay ninja master :roll:
are you practicing catching flies with your chopstick while disarming an Isis soldier? :lol:

I never claimed to be that skilled. But it's a worthwhile goal. Beats wetting your pants.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Dade on 16 Apr 2015 12:06

pod wrote:Dade - the trick is not to be a statistic. I spend way too much money making sure of that. It's one thing to have the items, it's another thing entirely to know how to use them. Yes, I take classes once or twice a month. I'm not as good as the gents at L&L, but I do know how to clear and secure a house. Ms Pod provides backup.

And yes, nothing is certain. I'd rather leave this mortal coil in a pile of brass knowing I tried to defend myself rather than begging for my life because some indigent decided he liked my TV and was willing to kill for it.

PLUR - shut up, then go tangle with a crackhead in Harlem with only your hands. You've got Obamacare and a cell phone, right comrade?

Why the heck is the board taking forever to load?

There are always exceptions, Podster. You know my motto...the numbers don't lie. In this case, the numbers are very clear. Having guns in your home makes you more likely to be shot and also less safe. Most people who are shot in their homes by an intruder are shot with their own gun. No gun in the house...no bullet hole in the homeowner.

Have you ever needed the gun to defend your family? No. Ever known anyone personally who has had to use a gun in self-defense? Nope. Neither do I.

I have a close friend who shares your paranoia. He has a carry permit. A few weeks ago, he went into a CVS and left the handgun securely locked in the glovebox of his truck, where he had placed it because he was on his way to have a drink in Wynwood. When he came out of the store, the truck window was broken and the gun was gone. So...the gun he bought for protection against criminals but never had occasion to use is now in the hands of the criminals. That's just awesome!!
Dade

Postby pod on 16 Apr 2015 12:24

You were ranting about that at the Pickle. And that's unfortunate for your friend. There's storage solutions for vehicles that don't consist of just stowing shit in the glove compartment. I've got one.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Dade on 16 Apr 2015 14:45

P.L.U.R. <3 wrote:
Dade wrote: In MOST cases, you end up shot with your own gun. The statistics are very clear that having a gun in your house DOES NOT make you more safe. In fact, it makes you more likely to get shot.

NOT TRUE!
If someone pulls a gun or knife on you, it's more effective to neutralize him with a gun than your hands. Try tangling H2H with a guy with a knife - you will get cut, even if you are up on your fighting techniques

You have no idea what you're talking about on this one. Look it up. Most people who are shot by an intruder in their own home are indeed shot with their own gun. For every successful self defense in a home, there are seven people shot with the gun by accident. A gun in your home makes you LESS safe. Numbers don't lie.
Dade

Postby P.L.U.R. <3 on 16 Apr 2015 14:59

Dade wrote:
P.L.U.R. <3 wrote:
Dade wrote: In MOST cases, you end up shot with your own gun. The statistics are very clear that having a gun in your house DOES NOT make you more safe. In fact, it makes you more likely to get shot.

NOT TRUE!
If someone pulls a gun or knife on you, it's more effective to neutralize him with a gun than your hands. Try tangling H2H with a guy with a knife - you will get cut, even if you are up on your fighting techniques

You have no idea what you're talking about on this one. Look it up. Most people who are shot by an intruder in their own home are indeed shot with their own gun. For every successful self defense in a home, there are seven people shot with the gun by accident. A gun in your home makes you LESS safe. Numbers don't lie.

P.L.U.R. <3

Postby JMT on 16 Apr 2015 15:16

JMT

Postby Dade on 16 Apr 2015 17:34

PLUR - Sorry, my sarcasm detector is off these days.

JMT, nice try but bogus. What Joe said and what I said are NOT the same thing. What I said was that most people shot by an intruder in their home are shot with their own gun. You really should look up the numbers instead of resorting to a facy check of a Joe Biden comment.
Dade

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything