Miami night club news from the source

90% of terrorist attacks in US are committed by non-Muslims

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby Dade on 21 Jun 2015 23:15

Re: 90% of terrorist attacks in US are committed by non-Musl

pod wrote:The police had the opportunity to blacklist him. They didn't. LE fucked up.

They have said that they could not because he had not been convicted of anything. So you are for the 2nd but not for "innocent until proven guilty"?
Dade

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 22 Jun 2015 07:40

pod wrote:The police had the opportunity to blacklist him. They didn't. LE fucked up.

You're putting the burden on law enforcement to predict in advance who will use a gun for crime or suicide. This is not Minority Report, Pod. The cops are not clairvoyant. Is your plan for reducing accidental fatal shootings for the cops to predict who will have an unfortunate accident with their guns and pre-flag those people in NCIS as too clumsy?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby Dade on 22 Jun 2015 12:58

TechJunkie wrote:

You're putting the burden on law enforcement to predict in advance who will use a gun for crime or suicide. This is not Minority Report, Pod. The cops are not clairvoyant. Is your plan for reducing accidental fatal shootings for the cops to predict who will have an unfortunate accident with their guns and pre-flag those people in NCIS as too clumsy?

How about the "responsible gun owners" whose kids are constantly killing themselves and their friends? Should LE predict those occurrences and flag them for no-sale? How about the people who keep guns in their homes and those guns are stolen by criminals...how do we flag them?
Dade

Postby JMT on 26 Jun 2015 09:55

slamminshaun wrote:Check investment portfolio (which is primarily silver)

On a related note:

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 02 Oct 2015 23:46

TechJunkie wrote:
pod wrote:Like I stated, NICS & LE failed in this instance.

That's evidence that the NICS doesn't necessarily work, rather than evidence that it's the right strategy for preventing senseless loss of life.

pod wrote:We need to attack the societal issue of violence (regardless of tool) from another angle. Giving a shit about the mentally ill in this country would be a huge start.

It sounds like Dylann Roof has classic signs of Asperger Syndrome. Adam Lanza was diagnosed with Asperger. Just a couple of days ago you insisted that Asperger is not a mental disorder. Denial is not the best way to give a shit about mental illness and how it relates to incidents like the Charleston shooting.

Yet again, a guy with classic Asperger signs with a collection of legally-purchased guns kills a bunch of people.

Oregon Killer Described as Man of Few Words, Except on Topic of Guns

ROSEBURG, Ore. — Christopher Harper-Mercer was withdrawn and quiet as he grew up in southern California, spending most of his time indoors at his mother’s apartment and deflecting neighbors when they asked him how he was doing, or why he always wore the same outfit of combat boots and green Army pants. But there was one subject that got him to open up: guns.

Mr. Harper-Mercer collected handguns and rifles, and he regularly went to a shooting range with his mother, said neighbors in Torrance, Calif., where the two lived until moving to Oregon in 2013. At a barbecue shortly before they left, Mr. Harper-Mercer spent hours talking with a next-door neighbor about guns and how he and his mother were excited to leave Los Angeles and get a fresh start.

“When we talked about guns and hunting, he was real open about it,” said the neighbor, Louie Flores, 32. “But anything about what was going on in his life, he really didn’t say too much at all.”

more...

But Muslims are the real threat, right Pod?

And NICS is keeping us safe from bad guys with guns, right?

And the best way to stop guys like this is to openly carry and engage them in gunfights after they attack, right?
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 06 Oct 2015 10:20

Oregon killer and mother bonded over guns

Neighbors have said Laurel Harper and her son would go to shooting ranges together. She also talked online of her difficulties raising a troubled son, and said she and her son both struggled with Asperger's.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Oct 2015 15:47

This study and the article about it were from before Dylan Roof and 'the Oregon shooter' committed their mass shootings:

A new study in the journal Aggression and Violent Behavior will likely fuel the debate even more. It found some mass murderers and serial killers have something in common: autism and head injury. Like Lanza, other killers had an inability to connect socially, spoke in flat monotones, and had emotionless features.

Researchers call it the first review of published accounts of what causes people to commit mass murder. They said: “Our findings tentatively indicate that these extreme forms of violence may be a result of a highly complex interaction of biological, psychological and sociological factors and that, potentially, a significant proportion of mass or serial killers may have had neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder or head injury.”

more...

Abstract
Multiple and serial murders are rare events that have a very profound societal impact. We have conducted a systematic review, following PRISMA guidelines, of both the peer reviewed literature and of journalistic and legal sources regarding mass and serial killings. Our findings tentatively indicate that these extreme forms of violence may be a result of a highly complex interaction of biological, psychological and sociological factors and that, potentially, a significant proportion of mass or serial killers may have had neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder or head injury. Research into multiple and serial murders is in its infancy: there is a lack of rigorous studies and most of the literature is anecdotal and speculative. Specific future study of the potential role of neurodevelopmental disorders in multiple and serial murders is warranted and, due to the rarity of these events, innovative research techniques may be required.

Among all the 239 eligible killers, 28.03% (N = 67) had definite, highly probable or possible ASD.
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 02 Dec 2015 12:00

You Are More Than 7 Times As Likely To Be Killed By A Right-Wing Extremist Than By Muslim Terrorists

Though terrorism perpetrated by Muslims receives a disproportionate amount of attention from politicians and reporters, the reality is that right-wing extremists pose a much greater threat to people in the United States than terrorists connected to ISIS or similar organizations. As UNC Professor Charles Kurzman and Duke Professor David Schanzer explained last June in the New York Times, Islam-inspired terror attacks “accounted for 50 fatalities over the past 13 and a half years.” Meanwhile, “right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities.”

more...

A man described as a antigovernment "sovereign citizen" with anti-black and “very intense” pro-Constitution views now accused of wounding five people at a Black Lives Matter rally last month will be arraigned today in Minneapolis.

Allen “Lance” Scarsella, 23, of Lakeville, Minn., has been charged with second-degree riot while armed with a dangerous weapon and five counts of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon causing substantial bodily harm.

Three of his associates –– Joseph Martin Backman, 27, of Eagan, Minn., Nathan Wayne Gustavsson, 22, of Hermantown, Minn., and Daniel Thomas Macey, 26, of Pine City, Minn. –– are also scheduled to be arraigned, each charged with one count of second-degree riot while armed with a dangerous weapon.

There is now mounting evidence that the four suspects honed their white supremacist views on far-right extremist websites and in chat rooms.

more...
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 02 Dec 2015 12:03

I remember when being against the government was cool.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 02 Dec 2015 12:05

I remember when hating people for their religion wasn't cool.
TechJunkie

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything