Miami night club news from the source

Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 29 Dec 2016 17:50

Re: Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

It's the same with gays. How can you tell someone is gay?

"Oh yeah, I'm marrying a man, but we're not gay. He has really good health insurance, so I'm just marrying him for that." (Well, okay, then you're committing insurance fraud, but you get the drift.)
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 29 Dec 2016 18:05

coach wrote:It's the same with gays. How can you tell someone is gay?

"Oh yeah, I'm marrying a man, but we're not gay. He has really good health insurance, so I'm just marrying him for that." (Well, okay, then you're committing insurance fraud, but you get the drift.)

True - there's ways around it. Some straight guy in England married his straight friend so they could enter a gay-oriented contest where the prize was some big trip overseas. I think they won.

Nonetheless, with certain type exceptions (medical, etc...) you should be able to do business or not do business with anyone you choose. I'm sorry, but you'll still keep living if you don't get a wedding cake.

I'm a relatively tolerant sort of guy, I just don't believe in enforcing tolerance at gunpoint. And yes, it is tolerance enforced at gunpoint.

Open up a bakery. Refuse a gay couple. Gay couple goes to the government, pisses and moans about it. Some guy shows up with a citation that you violated a law. You don't agree with the law so you don't show up to court or don't pay the fine. Eventually a guy with a gun shows up to force you to pay. Because people tend to pay attention to threats of physical violence. All because you didn't want to bake a cake for someone. You could end up dead over a cake. A fucking cake. It's like the Mafia.

At least with the Mafia the people coming up with these schemes were cool cats, not some sociopath who got the shit kicked out of him in 9th grade and decided to go into government just to get back at the bullies. Then he finds out the bullies got badges and taxpayer-funded GLOCKs and work for him. State-sponsored orgasming ensues.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 30 Dec 2016 18:15

pod wrote:Some straight guy in England married his straight friend so they could enter a gay-oriented contest where the prize was some big trip overseas. I think they won.

This is a true story, but they didn't get married. They did make out on stage, though. I mean, wouldn't you french a guy to get an awesome free VIP cruise?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 30 Dec 2016 20:06

coach wrote:This is a true story, but they didn't get married. They did make out on stage, though. I mean, wouldn't you french a guy to get an awesome free VIP cruise?

Ah OK.

I hate cruises. In crowds I always need an escape route and barring jumping into the drink, there's no escape on a cruise.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 31 Dec 2016 08:44

coach wrote:You really only can discriminate against someone for the actions they take on your property. You can set certain standards of conduct: "Must wear shoes", "No Cussing", "Must dress like a douche" (for the nightclubs), but only within certain limits.

The Hawaii Civil Rights Commission enforces the state’s civil rights laws. Those laws prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, sex, and ancestry.

Hawaii Civil Rights Commission director William Hoshijo said, “Only discrimination on those basis is prohibited under our state law.”

But what about political preference?

“Our state law does not protect against discrimination based on political affiliation,” said Hoshijo.

more...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby slamminshaun on 09 Oct 2017 19:42

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ffee-sho/#!

Wait, what??? His Clairvoyance knocks it out of the park yet again.....

slamminshaun wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:People who hate are not a protected class. Gays are.

Now we're getting somewhere. It's not really the discrimination that bothers people, only discrimination against certain specific classes of people.

Yep, you WILL bake a gay wedding cake you damn bigoted Christian, but...I stand in complete solidarity for the private property rights of my gay brethren to throw you Christian slime straight to the curb for being Christian. Fuck yeah. Nothing bigoted here. Totally tolerant and progressive.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby JMT on 10 Oct 2017 11:56

slamminshaun wrote:Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ffee-sho/#!

Wait, what??? His Clairvoyance knocks it out of the park yet again.....

slamminshaun wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:People who hate are not a protected class. Gays are.

Now we're getting somewhere. It's not really the discrimination that bothers people, only discrimination against certain specific classes of people.

Yep, you WILL bake a gay wedding cake you damn bigoted Christian, but...I stand in complete solidarity for the private property rights of my gay brethren to throw you Christian slime straight to the curb for being Christian. Fuck yeah. Nothing bigoted here. Totally tolerant and progressive.

You can't make this stuff up.
JMT

Previous

Return to talk about Anything