Miami night club news from the source

Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby norah on 11 Mar 2014 10:58

Re: Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

slamminshaun wrote:Here's another religious twist. Should a Jewish tattoo artist be free to refuse service to a skinhead who walks in with a swaztika on his forearm? The Slammer says, "yes, take your business somewhere else", but I'm guessing Norah and TechJunkie think the Jew should just suck it up and deal with it.

Who thinks of stuff like this? YOU obviously. What are the odds of this situation really happening?
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Dade on 11 Mar 2014 14:21

I don't think it's so crazy. I just don't think it applies. A Jew can't make a religious freedom claim in that case because his religion does not dictate that a person who hates Jews is a sinner or anything like it.
Dade

Postby davenavarro on 11 Mar 2014 14:40

slamminshaun wrote:Here's another religious twist. Should a Jewish tattoo artist be free to refuse service to a skinhead who walks in with a swaztika on his forearm? The Slammer says, "yes, take your business somewhere else", but I'm guessing Norah and TechJunkie think the Jew should just suck it up and deal with it.

That would be a good question to ask Ami James Shaun. Although I don't think someone who is a very strict jew would be working as a tattoo artist. Maybe Bling could answer a question for me. Aren't Jewish people not supposed to get tattoos?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby TechJunkie on 11 Mar 2014 14:46

People who hate are not a protected class. Gays are.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby slamminshaun on 11 Mar 2014 15:02

TechJunkie wrote:People who hate are not a protected class. Gays are.

Now we're getting somewhere. It's not really the discrimination that bothers people, only discrimination against certain specific classes of people. And since obese people are not currently a protected class, it would be perfectly acceptable and legal to refuse service to them. But not if the obese person is gay. That's where we draw the line.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby Dade on 11 Mar 2014 15:24

slamminshaun wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:People who hate are not a protected class. Gays are.

Now we're getting somewhere. It's not really the discrimination that bothers people, only discrimination against certain specific classes of people. And since obese people are not currently a protected class, it would be perfectly acceptable and legal to refuse service to them. But not if the obese person is gay. That's where we draw the line.

You're twisting the facts. This is not about protecting certain classes or categories of people. The argument being made is one of "religious freedom", which is Constitutionally protected. There is no Constitutional protection for simple dislike of someone.
Dade

Postby TechJunkie on 11 Mar 2014 15:32

People discriminate against short, fat, stupid and ugly people all of the time. But our system of jurisprudence has determined that the societal benefit of protecting the civil rights of certain protected classes outweighs the burden placed on people who would rather not serve blacks at the lunch counter, or gays for a wedding space.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby norah on 12 Mar 2014 10:47

Again, comparing fat/ obese to being gay? Please.
norah

Postby slamminshaun on 13 Mar 2014 07:24

norah wrote:Who thinks of stuff like this? YOU obviously. What are the odds of this situation really happening?

KKK wins lawsuit against bakery for discrimination

A Georgia court has ruled in favor of Marshall Saxby, the Grand Wizard of a local KKK chapter, in a lawsuit stemming from two years ago when a local bakery denied him service.

The three judge panel concluded unanimously that the bakery had violated civil rights laws by discriminating against Saxby when they refused to sell him a cake for his organization’s annual birthday party.

Elaine Bailey, who owns Bailey Bakeries, refused to bake a cake for the ceremony because it violated her religious beliefs.

http://tribuneherald.net/2013/08/23/kkk ... imination/

"You WILL bake a cake for our annual birthday party, boy, and you will like it. You hear me boy?"

slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby norah on 13 Mar 2014 07:55

So let's get this straight, Shaun you think a KKK person is basically the same as a gay person, a jew and an obese citizen, all cases you twisted to prove your own point of religious what exactly?
norah

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything