Miami night club news from the source

Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Mar 2014 09:54

Re: Arizona allows business owners to refuse service to gays

norah wrote:So let's get this straight, Shaun you think a KKK person is basically the same as a gay person, a jew and an obese citizen, all cases you twisted to prove your own point of religious what exactly?

No, he thinks that the government oppresses us all at gunpoint by protecting the civil rights of protected classes.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby norah on 13 Mar 2014 12:29

TechJunkie wrote:
norah wrote:So let's get this straight, Shaun you think a KKK person is basically the same as a gay person, a jew and an obese citizen, all cases you twisted to prove your own point of religious what exactly?

No, he thinks that the government oppresses us all at gunpoint by protecting the civil rights of protected classes.

Black helicopters all over again.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby Dade on 13 Mar 2014 12:39

I actually see this KKK story as an example of the system working. The baker didn't want to make the cake for the KKK and refused. When sued, the baker claimed a religious freedom exemption and the court ruled against them. I know of no religion that dictates that you hate bigots and the ruling seems right to me.
Dade

Postby coach on 14 Mar 2014 00:06

Dade wrote:I actually see this KKK story as an example of the system working. The baker didn't want to make the cake for the KKK and refused. When sued, the baker claimed a religious freedom exemption and the court ruled against them. I know of no religion that dictates that you hate bigots and the ruling seems right to me.

I agree.

Again, we come to the fact that places open to the public are open to the PUBLIC. That means everybody. Unless they are creating a public nuisance, they get to be served. Whether the business-owner hates the client or not is irrelevant. If a business-owner wants to not serve someone they do not like, they need to find a legitimate reason to do so.

That is why the Arizona bill (it never became law) is such bullshit.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby slamminshaun on 14 Mar 2014 07:08

coach wrote:
Dade wrote:I actually see this KKK story as an example of the system working. The baker didn't want to make the cake for the KKK and refused.

I agree.

If there's one thing the Slammer has warned you about over the years, it's the slippery slope, the unintended consequences, the seen vs. the unseen. Here is the Slammer's analysis....

The precedent is set. Now that the KKK has successfully won a discrimination lawsuit, they don't have to terrorize blacks by illegally burning crosses in front of their businesses anymore. They can just do something that is protected by law. They can just force blacks to go through the humiliation and mental trauma of doing business with the KKK, hiding behind the very laws that were written to protect blacks from such terrorism.

KKK chapters across the country will now organize and specifically target black-owned businesses for humiliating purposes, suing them when they don't comply. It's sort of like the disabled people who make their living going around measuring bathrooms in restaurants or whatever, suing everyone in their path. Now we'll have KKK chapters suing black business owners for discrimination....and you know what? They'll win, in more ways then one. Black-owned bakeries will be asked to bake birthday cakes for the KKK. Black-owned restaurants will be asked to provide their facilities for KKK socials and parties. Black photographers will be asked to come take pictures of KKK rallies. Black-owned dry cleaners will be forced to clean their hoods and robes. Sky's the limit for the Klan!

Of course, any self-respecting black person will tell the KKK members that "we don't serve your kind here" and tell them to fuck off....and that is exactly what the KKK is hoping for. Not only will the Klan members get the sick pleasure of smearing their racism in a black person's face, they will now get the sick pleasure of using the Civil Rights law to make blacks pay them monetary damages, which will then go into the KKK's bank account and be used to finance more of these activities.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 14 Mar 2014 11:17

You really only can discriminate against someone for the actions they take on your property. You can set certain standards of conduct: "Must wear shoes", "No Cussing", "Must dress like a douche" (for the nightclubs), but only within certain limits.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby slamminshaun on 24 Nov 2016 12:33

Online business cancels accounts of Republicans and Trump supporters

https://www.1stinseo.com/trump-supporte ... -canceled/

As long as he's not refusing to bake a cake for a gay Republican, what's the problem?
slamminshaun

Postby pod on 24 Nov 2016 13:48

Unless your business is something that is life-critical, you should be able to do business with whomever you choose to. Or refuse their business if you want.

SEO and bakeries aren't critical to life.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 28 Dec 2016 17:26

'You cannot eat here': Hawaii café riles residents with ban on Trump voters

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... fresh=true

slamminshaun

Postby pod on 28 Dec 2016 18:46

It's their right, but I'll call them out on their bullshit. How are you supposed to tell someone is a Trump voter unless they're sporting Trump regalia or they tell you?

Or what do you do if the customer dines in your restaurant, pays, and then says - "Oh by the way, we voted for Trump!"

Are you going to invalidate their transaction?

Half tempted to go undercover with a hidden camera to one of these establishments and try out this scenario. Hilarity will ensue.

And yes, it's a bizarre double standard. A religious baker can't deny customers based on his beliefs, but it's OK to deny someone based on your politics.

Again, unless it's a life-critical business (medical, etc...I'll be nice enough to approve that), you should be able to transact, or not transact, with whomever you want. Dumbass move, but freedom includes being a dumbass if you so choose.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything