Miami night club news from the source

Obama not seeking UN approval to attack Syria

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 27 Aug 2013 16:29

Obama not seeking UN approval to attack Syria

Change.

With its military ready to attack Syria on President Obama’s command, the United States is no longer pursuing a United Nations or NATO stamp of approval to respond with force to the purported deployment of chemical weapons.

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2013 ... ria/69446/

The U.S. could hit Syria with three days of missile strikes, perhaps beginning Thursday, in an attack meant more to send a message to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad than to topple him or cripple his military, senior U.S. officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... s-say?lite
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby slamminshaun on 27 Aug 2013 16:35

Re: Obama not seeking UN approval to attack Syria

Oh, and he's not seeking the approval of the American people anymore either....

About 60 percent of Americans surveyed said the United States should not intervene in Syria's civil war, while just 9 percent thought President Barack Obama should act.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... 0E20130825
slamminshaun

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Aug 2013 17:09

Isn't killing people to "send a message" immoral? Isn't that what Al Qaeda did on 9/11? We're against that, right? Strange thing for a Nobel Peace Prize winner to do, at least?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby slamminshaun on 28 Aug 2013 06:54

TechJunkie wrote:Isn't killing people to "send a message" immoral?

Only when Republicans do it.

TechJunkie wrote:Isn't that what Al Qaeda did on 9/11? We're against that, right?

Not anymore....

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 86680.html
slamminshaun

Postby Dade on 28 Aug 2013 09:12

Well...we're not dropping bombs in Iraq anymore and it's kind of quiet in Afghanistan as well so they have to find someplace to attack. After all, bomb makers have to eat too, right?

I read an interesting article about this yesterday. The author's theory was that military contractors are about to lay off thousands of workers. This would cause bad jobs numbers heading into the 2014 mid-term elections and the Obamites can't have that so they are choosing to attack Syria in order to prevent layoffs. It's fucked up but it kind of makes sense.
Dade

Postby Lola on 28 Aug 2013 09:13

Another war... unreal....

Are we going into Egypt too while we're at it?
Lola

Postby apotheosis on 28 Aug 2013 09:16

Dade wrote:Well...we're not dropping bombs in Iraq anymore and it's kind of quiet in Afghanistan as well so they have to find someplace to attack. After all, bomb makers have to eat too, right?

I read an interesting article about this yesterday. The author's theory was that military contractors are about to lay off thousands of workers. This would cause bad jobs numbers heading into the 2014 mid-term elections and the Obamites can't have that so they are choosing to attack Syria in order to prevent layoffs. It's fucked up but it kind of makes sense.

Of course, the military industrial complex is a real thing. Uniforms, MRE's, bombs, nuts & bolts, helicopter blades, engines, etc etc etc etc etc

This is our economy now, very sad.
apotheosis

Purpose of your visit?: a

Postby Mattivi on 28 Aug 2013 11:15

Dade wrote:Well...we're not dropping bombs in Iraq anymore and it's kind of quiet in Afghanistan as well so they have to find someplace to attack. After all, bomb makers have to eat too, right?

But isn't this a conspiracy theory? Those don't really exist do they? Lol
Mattivi

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
Voltaire

Postby Dade on 28 Aug 2013 11:47

Mattivi wrote:

I guess it could be seen as a conspiracy theory.

I just smell rotten fish in the whole rationale for this action. It stinks of bullshit so I look for other reasons.

If there is an international outrage about the supposed use of chemical weapons, why are we not seeing an international response? Why is the UN not jumping up and down?

If we admit that we can't get Assad out with these attacks, what's the point of them?

Does anyone find it odd that UN workers were fired upon by snipers on the day we were to announce that we were getting involved but nobody was hit?

I don't know. What I do know is that a lot of people would have a much different opinion of this if Bush were the one saying we had to bomb Syria.
Dade

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Aug 2013 11:52

Mattivi wrote:

The military-industrial complex is a real thing, not an unwarranted conspiracy theory.

It's a fascinating thought experiment to try to empathize with the point of view of a person who doesn't see the difference. The assumption that the term "military-industrial complex" refers to secret orchestration of the death machine from behind the scenes by a nefarious conspiracy.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Next

Return to talk about Anything