Miami night club news from the source

An inconvenient truth

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 08 Jan 2013 15:39

An inconvenient truth

Current Staffers Lash Out At Al Gore Over Al Jazeera Deal

Huffington Post wrote:"He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising — and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?" the staff member said.

Al Gore's Oil-Fueled Al-Jazeera Deal Follows A String Of Green Energy Fiascos

Forbes wrote:Unfortunately for Mr. Gore, the purchase wasn’t consummated until January 2nd, depriving him of success in his efforts to beat the clock on an estimated $100 million payback before higher tax rates kicked in on January 1.

JMT

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Dade on 08 Jan 2013 16:08

Re: An inconvenient truth

What's your point? Is it that Al Gore is a hypocrite? Wow....what a shocker!
Dade

Postby JMT on 08 Jan 2013 16:19

I hadn't thought of that.
JMT

Postby Dade on 08 Jan 2013 17:19

You know....I've never been an Al Gore fan but I can't help but think sometimes about how different things would be today had he won the election in 2000.

It's unlikely that he would have responded to 9/11 the same way that Bush did. We would most likely not have tripled military spending or created the Patriot Act. We would most likely not have openly tortured people. We wouldn't have Gitmo. We certainly wouldn't have invaded Iraq for no good reason.

We would also not have had the Bush tax cuts, which, when combined with all the other things we wouldn't have done, would have made our deficit situation not nearly as bad as it is today.

I voted for Bush in 2000 mainly because I couldn't stand Al Gore. I was a Florida voter at the time, which makes it kind of worse. For those who say that it doesn't matter which candidate from the two major parties gets elected, this is proof that it does matter.
Dade

Postby jkfunkee on 08 Jan 2013 19:20

so then the corporate forces the bush regimes served are a tad different than clinton/gore, but they'd still be shilling nonetheless.
of course everything would be different...but different in measurably good ways? no, just like BO isn't any different than bush either.
jkfunkee

Postby slamminshaun on 09 Jan 2013 09:21

Dade wrote:You know....I've never been an Al Gore fan but I can't help but think sometimes about how different things would be today had he won the election in 2000.

It's unlikely that he would have responded to 9/11 the same way that Bush did. We would most likely not have tripled military spending or created the Patriot Act. We would most likely not have openly tortured people. We wouldn't have Gitmo. We certainly wouldn't have invaded Iraq for no good reason.

We would also not have had the Bush tax cuts, which, when combined with all the other things we wouldn't have done, would have made our deficit situation not nearly as bad as it is today.

I voted for Bush in 2000 mainly because I couldn't stand Al Gore. I was a Florida voter at the time, which makes it kind of worse. For those who say that it doesn't matter which candidate from the two major parties gets elected, this is proof that it does matter.

Proof? What proof have you offered? All you've offered is pure speculation.

If McCain had been elected in 2008, today you'd be saying, "If we had only elected Obama, there would be no assassination of US citizens, Gitmo would be closed, and we wouldn't be murdering Muslim children in the Middle East with drones".

If you look at the record, Al Gore was a consistent warhawk and politician who changed his positions in order to win public opinion, yet another inconvenient truth. He often said that Saddam was a danger to the security of the world, had WMD's, and other things that the mainstream media has tried to whitewash away ever since. So to say he would not have invaded Iraq, after the establishment had manipulated the public into overwhelmingly demanding it in a post-9/11 frenzy, is not proof of anything but your ability to be manipulated by revisitionist history. I have no doubt he would have invaded Iraq, established Gitmo, implemented the Patriot Act, and anything else that was sitting on a shelf waiting for the next president (Bush or Gore) to implement.

Patriot Act Attacked by Gore Mirrors His Own Plan

slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby Dade on 09 Jan 2013 11:25

Fair enough.
Dade

Postby JMT on 19 Sep 2014 09:15

Al Gore's microphone fails while quoting Jesus and saying "hypocrite".

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby apotheosis on 19 Sep 2014 10:05

apotheosis

Purpose of your visit?: a

Postby Lola on 19 Sep 2014 11:36

oh my... lol
Lola

Next

Return to talk about Anything