Miami night club news from the source

FED Announces....

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 29 Jul 2014 01:07

Re: FED Announces....

The current bubble is just the feudalism bubble. The thing that always gets me is that rich people are just as stupid, if not stupider than poor people. I mean, Shaun always argues that they deserve to be rich because they have all these skills and shit to run these big companies, but if they are so good at it, why are things in the shitter for most people?

Anybody, with even a modicum of historical knowledge knows that pretty much the only reason for any revolution in the history of history is economic disparity. Oh, you can call it all sorts of other stuff, but that is almost always the basis for any other issue. It certainly was for the American Revolution. You think it isn't going to happen again? You think humans have evolved past that in the last 100 years? You are WRONG.

So, if the rich people were really smart and wanted to keep their lifestyle, they would hoard just a little less, and let everyone else have a bit more of a fair share. But, they're not, they are just as stupid as every other person who can't read history. Oh, some get it, Buffet, for example, but nobody listens to them.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby slamminshaun on 29 Jul 2014 05:24

coach wrote: I mean, Shaun always argues that they deserve to be rich

LOL, yeah, that sounds just like something the Slammer would say....

slamminshaun wrote:We have an oligarchy that parades itself as a democracy. The elites control most of the economy and they control most of the political system.

slamminshaun wrote:The top 1% of this country controls the government and its policies. Why should we expect the top 1% to get laws passed that hurt themselves?
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 29 Jul 2014 17:23

Dude, we've had whole running arguments about this, your selective memory notwithstanding.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby JMT on 12 Aug 2014 19:25

JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 12 Aug 2014 19:31

coach wrote:The current bubble is just the feudalism bubble. The thing that always gets me is that rich people are just as stupid, if not stupider than poor people. I mean, Shaun always argues that they deserve to be rich because they have all these skills and shit to run these big companies, but if they are so good at it, why are things in the shitter for most people?

When did it become the goal of a big company to improve things for most people?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 12 Aug 2014 19:32

I agree - most companies aren't altruistic. They only care about things that positively affect their bottom line.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 12 Aug 2014 19:34

That's the goal of all companies! The bottom line!! Suggesting otherwise seems to reveal a fundamental misunderstanding about how things work.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 30 Sep 2014 09:06

One-fifth of U.S. workers were laid off in past five years, study says

LA Times wrote:Nearly 40% said it took more than seven months to find employment and about one in five of laid-off workers said all they could find was a temporary position.

Almost half -- 46% -- of the estimated 30 million layoff victims who found new jobs said they paid less then their old ones, according to the survey of 1,153 U.S adults done over the summer.
JMT

Postby JMT on 18 Dec 2014 18:07

Treasury Department Seeking 'Survival Kits' For Bank Employees

The Department of Treasury is seeking to order survival kits for all of its employees who oversee the federal banking system, according to a new solicitation.
JMT

Postby JMT on 24 Feb 2015 20:20

JMT wrote:Pay the banks to let them hold your money...

US banks warn that Fed interest rate cuts could force them to charge depositors

Depositors already have to cope with near-zero interest rates, but paying just to leave money in the bank would be highly unusual and unwelcome for companies and households.

The warning by bank executives highlights the dangers of one strategy the Fed could use to offset an eventual “tapering” of the $85bn a month in asset purchases that have fueled global financial markets for the last year.

It begins...

J.P. Morgan to start charging big clients fees on some deposits

"But JMT, who cares what happens to some rich assholes?" It's a sign of much bigger problems.
JMT

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything