Miami night club news from the source

RIP Cap'n Crunch Cereal

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coonass on 10 Mar 2011 00:22

RIP Cap'n Crunch Cereal

The Soggies have finally won: Cap’n Crunch is quietly sailing into retirement.

Long derided by health experts for its high sugar content – a single serving contains 12 grams – the cereal is no longer being actively marketed by Quaker, DailyFinance reports. It appears parent company Pepsico is forcing the good Cap’n to walk the plank.

Cap’n Crunch was once the No. 1 breakfast cereal, but pressure from the White House and health activists is having an effect on how PepsiCo and other food companies peddle their products to kids. Sales of the cereal were down 6.8 percent in 2010.

Last year, PepsiCo vowed to reduce added sugar per serving by 25 percent and saturated fat by 15 percent in its products over the next 10 years.

“PepsiCo is no longer marketing Cap’n Crunch cereal directly to children. In a sense, you could say that they have retired Cap’n Crunch, and that’s a good thing,” Jennifer Harris, of the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at Yale University, told DailyFinance. “Unfortunately, children continue to view hundreds of ads per year for high-sugar cereals from General Mills, Kellogg’s and Post Foods.”

The critics have a point: Children cereals contain 85 percent more sugar, 65 percent less fiber and 60 percent more sodium when compared with adult cereals, according to the Rudd Center research. The average preschooler has viewed more than 500 television ads for such cereals
coonass
Troll

Purpose of your visit?: Making myself look like an idiot.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby jkfunkee on 10 Mar 2011 08:00

Re: RIP Cap'n Crunch Cereal

no mo' PB CC?
jkfunkee

Postby Bling on 10 Mar 2011 08:51

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby LeVeL on 10 Mar 2011 09:43

They better not fuck around with Cinnamon Toast Crunch..
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Bling on 10 Mar 2011 10:36

LeVeL wrote:They better not fuck around with Cinnamon Toast Crunch..

mother fuckin werd

that and Oh's are my fav cerals
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 10 Mar 2011 12:49

I can't remember the toy but as a kid my 3 brothers and I made my mom get 4 boxes so we'd all have the CC toy.. I think it was a water gun...
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby Lola on 10 Mar 2011 13:26

Please don't take away me Lucky Charms. lol

I will buy some Captn tonight at publix if available and have a bowl to say goodbye.... love my lucky charms and fruity loops...
Lola

Postby MIRZA on 10 Mar 2011 13:59

This was on the news in NY this morning but they will still make and sell the cereal, but they will stop marketing it to kids. You will still be able to buy it.
MIRZA

Postby Tijuana on 10 Mar 2011 14:29

MIRZA wrote:This was on the news in NY this morning but they will still make and sell the cereal, but they will stop marketing it to kids. You will still be able to buy it.

That is what they say. They are getting rid of it because it's like crack for kids. They just can't admit to it. Most parents are getting smarter about their kids health and these types of cereals are not selling how they used to. But they can't make a big deal about getting rid of them. How are they going to admit it after all these years. They will slowly get rid of it.
Tijuana

Postby coach on 10 Mar 2011 14:36

Yeah, kinda like the tobacco companies. They still can't admit they are killing people to make a buck.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Next

Return to talk about Anything