Miami night club news from the source

Is anyone flying....?

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 06 Nov 2010 09:13

Is anyone flying....?

Have fun....

Last edited by slamminshaun on 12 Apr 2011 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby benm3 on 07 Nov 2010 01:23

Re: Is anyone flying this holiday season?

The TSA folks have major attitude with this, I've seen it myself.

I've heard the snarkiest of remarks from them about the full body scan opt-out, almost like they relish telling someone that if they 'opt out' of the full body scan they are going to get a pat down. It doesn't sound much like an "opt out" at all to me.

All in the name of SAFETY! :roll:
benm3

Postby Dade on 07 Nov 2010 09:39

Another SlamminShaun right-wing misleading video packed full of lies! It's becoming a habit with him. He wants you to believe that everything the government says is a lie and that everything said by these scumbags is the gospel.

Alex Jones is another fucking nutjob, fear mongering, right-wing asswipe with absolutely no credibility. I don't believe a word of what he claims he saw. I fly a lot and I've never seen anything like that. I don't know a single person who has seen any of that and I would bet none of you have seen it either. Seems to me that there should be some video of these offenses, if they're so wide spread. I also noticed that the tape he runs for the story shows none of what he is claiming. The women are patted down by only women and there is no "child abuse" going on. Seems a little odd since he says sexual assault is the new policy.

My wife was patted down at Logan on the way to South Africa and they only had women patting down women. He is a lying piece of shit, but Shaun seems to have no problem posting misleading videos lately, even though he claims to be all about truth and justice. Next he'll have a video about Obama's $2 billion trip to India.

Anyway, If you think security here is bad.....

On my way back from South Africa a few weeks ago, we changed planes in Amsterdam. I thought it was strange that our boarding time was an hour and a half before the flight was scheduled to leave. I soon found out why.

You should keep in mind that we had already been through security in Cape Town and were only catching a connecting flight in Amsterdam. We were in a secure international terminal the whole time.

We got to the gate to find a line of hundreds of people. Since we were First Class, there was a separate line for us and we were at the front. They took us in, searched all our carry-on luggage with a fine-tooth comb. They then took us over to a podium where we were questioned for 20 minutes. "Why are you flying to Boston?" "What is your job?" "Why did you choose this flight?" "Why were you in South Africa?" It went on and on.

After the interrogation, they put us through the scanner AND patted us down. They did this to every single passenger on the completely full 777 plane.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 07 Nov 2010 10:24

LOL, and it was just a few years ago that guys like Rush Limbaugh labeled him a "Democrat kook" and the rest of the right-wingers were certain he was secretly funded by Media Matters because he produced anti-Bush DVD's. What a difference a few years can make.

Dade, we have a captive audience of about 6 people on this site. I'm not a journalist and this isn't a CNN messageboard. If someone is claiming they saw women and children fondled at the airport, that's good enough for a nightlife board. You have your own minds. It's up to you guys to decide whether you it's true or not, especially since I have made no claim either way. If you and the 5 other people watching it don't want to believe it without concrete video evidence, then don't....but don't make it seem like I have some type of journalistic responsibility to an audience of millions of viewers, that anything I post should be vetted by the utmost, strictest, journalistic standards. I don't take this place that seriously.

But if you want to get serious for a minute, and since we're on the subject of TSA, I did see last week that a pilot refused a search and it caused all sorts of mayhem. It's nice to see that a pilot is hiring a lawyer to sue the TSA. Here, chew on something a little more mainstream....

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4385556/ ... y-the-tsa/

Good for him. By the way Dade, since you traveled recently, did you have to let another man touch your genitals as part of a "pat down"? Or did you observe men having their genitals touched by security?
slamminshaun

Postby norah on 07 Nov 2010 11:44

I am flying to Malaysia and Indonesia, should I be freaked out too Shaun?

(Obv being sarcastic here).

Take it you'd find Australian customs totally offensive and over the top. They make the TSA look like a bunch of amateurs.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby Dade on 07 Nov 2010 13:15

slamminshaun wrote:Dade, we have a captive audience of about 6 people on this site. I'm not a journalist and this isn't a CNN messageboard. If someone is claiming they saw women and children fondled at the airport, that's good enough for a nightlife board. You have your own minds. It's up to you guys to decide whether you it's true or not, especially since I have made no claim either way. If you and the 5 other people watching it don't want to believe it without concrete video evidence, then don't....but don't make it seem like I have some type of journalistic responsibility to an audience of millions of viewers, that anything I post should be vetted by the utmost, strictest, journalistic standards. I don't take this place that seriously.

Such crap. You post outright lies and then claim that you don't endorse their message? Why post it then? It matters not whether there are 6 people here or 6 million, you're still spreading bullshit and you know it.

slamminshaun wrote:By the way Dade, since you traveled recently, did you have to let another man touch your genitals as part of a "pat down"? Or did you observe men having their genitals touched by security?

I was patted down going to and coming from and never did anyone touch my genitals nor did they touch anyone else's genitals that I saw. Also, my wife was patted down and, unlike the lies in your video, they had it done by a woman, who also never got near her genitals. No children were touched. They used the "wand" to inspect them.

Your video is just another complete fiction invented by a moron pretending to be a journalist. The real argument these people should be making is that this shit isn't making us any safer.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 07 Nov 2010 23:16

Dade wrote:
I was patted down going to and coming from and never did anyone touch my genitals nor did they touch anyone else's genitals that I saw.

Is this guy lying too? Is he a right-wing nutjob? You seem to think if something doesn't happen to you, then everyone else is lying.

Dade wrote:Also, my wife was patted down and, unlike the lies in your video, they had it done by a woman, who also never got near her genitals. No children were touched. They used the "wand" to inspect them.

LOL, yep....Dade thinks because it didn't happen to his wife, it doesn't happen to anybody. It's all lies! It's all lies I tell ya!

Dade didn't see any children touched either, therefore, anyone claiming otherwise is a lying right-wing nut job. In fact, the 3 year old girl in the following video must be a paid actress from the Alex Jones show. Since we have it on Dade's authority that the TSA doesn't touch children, this whole video must be a fake....

slamminshaun

Postby Dade on 08 Nov 2010 01:05

And once again you've shown a video that is completely misleading and you're trying to pretend I said something I did not. You've become the most dishonest person on this board.

I never said that they don't touch children. I did say that they are not touching children's genitals. I did say they are not molesting children. And I did say that they don't have women searched by men. Nothing you've shown, despite your dishonesty, can refute that.

Do you think what we saw on that video constitutes "child molestation", as your pal Alex claimed? I certainly do not. Does it show male TSA agents touching the little girl's genitals, as you and Alex claim they are doing? It does not.

In fact, it's as dishonest as the rest of the shit you post. All it shows is a little girl freaking out because they took her bear and the TSA people doing their jobs. No child molestation.

Of course, in Shaun World, anything the government does has to be bad and they all have to be evil.

Do you have any personal experiences or do you rely on these morons for all your information? I've flown a couple of hundred thousand miles this year and I've never seen any of what you're claiming happens all the time.

As for that article, I read it already. That's as extreme as it gets and it isn't anywhere close to molestation or having someone feel your genitals. Could you please quote for me the part of the article where the author says that he felt violated or molested? Again, you're being completely dishonest, but that's nothing new.

By the way, I flew into and out of BWI several times this year and as recently as a couple of months ago, (my wife's parents live in Baltimore), and I didn't see it there either.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 08 Nov 2010 07:54

Truth be told Dade, the policy is for men on men, women on women, etc....so it will be interesting to analyze claims that are otherwise. But even if they follow this policy to the letter, and Alex Jones is lying as you say, does that make it any better? Why should I have to let a man touch my balls? Why should a woman submit to another woman groping her tits?

I know you keep harping on the fact that you flew a million miles and never saw any of this, but it's worth noting this all went into effect on October 29th....

Starting Friday, the TSA is changing its pat-down procedure. TSA officers used to pat down passengers with the backs of their hands, but now they'll use the fronts of their hands to search more than ever before, in some cases touching body parts that once were off limits.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/tsa-pat-proced ... d=11998304

Starting Friday, they'll be able to use a sliding motion and search parts of the body some say are too private ... like the underside of a woman's bra.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?secti ... id=7753020

And my personal favorite.....

I was required to stand still while I received a rough pat-down by a man whose résumé, I suspected, included experience at a state prison.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/business/02road.html
slamminshaun

Postby Dade on 08 Nov 2010 09:57

OK..It's clear that the video was full of exaggerations and lies but it seems that you're resigned to that and done making up. That's progress. We can't discuss things and form consensus if some people insist on making things up.

I just spoke to my father in law, who was visiting us and flew home yesterday to Baltimore Washington International from Boston Logan Airport. He was "hand searched" because the line for the machine was very long and described it as follows:

"He put his hand on the inside of my ankle and slid it up until the edge of his hand just barely touched my crotch area. It was really quick and I doubt that he was really paying attention. He never groped me or grabbed my genitals but the edge of his hand definitely touched them."

I asked if he saw any children being inspected and he told me this:

"There was a mother with a child in front of me and they asked them to step aside. A woman came over and gently patted the child down but was not very thorough at all. It was more for appearance. They did go over the stroller very aggressively."

That sounds consistent with what the TSA said they were going to do and sounds very different from what was described in your video.

It's easy to see why you and others might object to this as an invasion of privacy and a violation of your rights under the Fourth Amendment, (even without the lies). I, like many, have simply come to accept it as the new normal and as something I have to deal with in order to fly around the country and the world. I'm not saying that I think it's right or that I believe it makes me safer. I don't think either is true. However, I accept that it makes some people feel safer and that making people feel safer is probably the whole point.
Dade

Next

Return to talk about Anything