Miami night club news from the source

Is anyone flying....?

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 29 Mar 2017 20:50

Re: Is anyone flying....?

slamminshaun wrote:Recent TSA Molestation Video Proves Americans Have Become Authority Worshipping Slaves

That's putting it mildly. Eight years of feel-good bullshit by the Obamas is suddenly up-ended by the mean ol' orange guy with the strange hair and the trophy wife and people are screaming for their old master to come back and beat them. Though the orange dude will beat them just the same. They just don't get that cheery feeling of assuaged white guilt when he does it.

Devolve the security apparatus back to the airlines and airport companies, and allow complete opting-out if they want to. Market-based solutions for security, or lack of security, will offer themselves.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 04 Apr 2017 10:57

JMT

Postby pod on 04 Apr 2017 12:44

When the airlines handled their own security, this rarely happened. Federalizing it resulted in the current (low) quality of service. When you've got the backing of the bureaucracy, you don't have to work too hard to keep your job.

Even the airline employees themselves are with me on this one. I remember when I traveled, the times I had issues, the airlines would bend over backwards to help me out, only to run headlong into the government. Off the record, they'd complain to me that the Feds meddling solved nothing.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 04 Apr 2017 12:53

We all discovered the hard way that when the airlines handled their own security it turned out to be way too easy to hijack a plane and fly it into a building.

Now we have this long thread bitching about the TSA for trying too hard to do their job, and at the end of it we have JMT picking on them for a failure. You guys can't even decide whether you want them to do more or do less. You really just want to bitch about authority.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Previous

Return to talk about Anything