Miami night club news from the source

Open-minded, enlightened, rational progressives

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 02 May 2017 12:42

Re: Open-minded, enlightened, rational progressives

Limousine libs like Samantha Bee and her husband don't move to NYC's Upper West Side so their kids can go to school with poor black kids.

The Upper West Side Is the Latest Battleground for School Integration in New York

One P.S. 452 parent speaking out against the move is comedian and former Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones, who’s married to Samantha Bee. "To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

JMT

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 02 May 2017 16:00

More accurately, they didn't move to within a five-minute walk to a high-performing school in the 70s to do a 20-minute subway commute to a school next to a housing project. It's not an insane position. But there are lots of private schools in the area so whatever. If you can't afford $30k/kid/year for school then maybe you don't belong in the same neighborhood as the Dakota.

Somewhat related: There is a school on the Upper West Side that has been there for almost 230 years!
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 02 May 2017 22:56

JMT wrote:Limousine libs like Samantha Bee and her husband don't move to NYC's Upper West Side so their kids can go to school with poor black kids.

Wait, she had a kid? Surprised she didn't abort it to drum up ratings for her show.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 03 May 2017 07:39

You don't remember the on-air pregnancy? I barely watch any television at all and even I remember that.

If you moved to a new home in a nice neighborhood with a high-performing school for your son within a five-minute walk -- and then Miami-Dade County decided to close that school and bus your son to a school in Opa-locka... then I'm sure that you would be cool with that?
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 03 May 2017 07:48

The Bees should be honored to use their privilege to help better the lives of the poor black kids. She can afford a commute. They can't. Bigoted hypocrites.
JMT

Postby pod on 03 May 2017 08:18

It is ironic. She'll gladly condone all this feel-good nonsense-at-gunpoint for society, but she'll exempt herself and her spawn by virtue of her income and influence. To her, minorities are best kept at bay except when the cameras are on. She's always creeped me the hell out, and now I know why.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 03 May 2017 09:42

It's hard to figure out whether you guys are arguing against integration or what. Since the issue here isn't really forced integration, the issue is the closure of a high-performing school in their neighborhood. A school that attracted people to move to the neighborhood. A school that would affect property values if it closed.

Oh wait that's right never mind -- neither of you have any positions of your own other than trolling liberals with hypocrisy accusations. Your posts here are not about the Civil Rights Act. You don't have to have a position on whether you would object to your son being bused to Opa-locka because you have no positions at all other than: "liberals suck". That's a hell of a cause to stand for, guys.

Getting triggered over people getting triggered is funny stuff. Developing an entire political identity around getting triggered over people getting triggered is even more funny. "What do you stand for, Pod?" "I get pissed off by people who get pissed off over political stuff." It's a red flag when your political convictions are an example of Russell's Paradox.
TechJunkie

Postby pod on 04 May 2017 07:43

pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 04 May 2017 10:10

pod wrote:http://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclusive-leaked-screenshots-reveal-buzzfeed-director-wishing-trump-assassination/

Since this thread is about hypocrisy... You're one of the "Second-Amendment people" who our president was talking about when he suggested that one of you should assassinate Hillary Clinton. You folks who love to talk about how guns are important because you envision direct military conflict with the US government.

I think that you may have made some insinuations yourself about assassinating Hillary Clinton? I vaguely recall wondering a few times if the Secret Service has a file on you.
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 04 May 2017 10:18

phpBB [media]
JMT

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Anything