Postby slamminshaun on 01 Sep 2010 11:09

Open-minded, enlightened, rational progressives

LOL!

more here

What if Glenn Beck talked like this?
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Dade on 01 Sep 2010 11:12

Re: Open-minded, enlightened, rational progressives

Yeah...I read that a couple of days ago.

Shaun, I'm not picking at you but, for a guy who claims to have no preference between right and left, you post a ton of anti-left stuff.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 01 Sep 2010 11:35

Dade wrote:Yeah...I read that a couple of days ago.

Shaun, I'm not picking at you but, for a guy who claims to have no preference between right and left, you post a ton of anti-left stuff.

Why should I feel the need to prove that hate exists on the right, when everyone on this board already believes it? I'd rather debunk the myth that it only exists on the right, rather than prove something everyone already knows.
slamminshaun

Postby Dade on 01 Sep 2010 11:39

slamminshaun wrote:

Why should I feel the need to prove that hate exists on the right, when everyone on this board already believes it? I'd rather debunk the myth that it only exists on the right, rather than prove something everyone already knows.

I just can't remember you ever being this vocal when the other side was in power and I certainly think you've been very anti-Obama in a way that you were never anti-Bush.

In other words, it seems that you do have a preference for one side over the other, despite your protestations to the contrary.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 01 Sep 2010 12:19

Dade wrote:
slamminshaun wrote:

I just can't remember you ever being this vocal when the other side was in power and I certainly think you've been very anti-Obama in a way that you were never anti-Bush.

In other words, it seems that you do have a preference for one side over the other, despite your protestations to the contrary.

Again, virtually the entire board is already anti-Republican/anti-Bush, and has been for as long as I've been posting here, what purpose would more anti-Republican/anti-Bush threads serve? Bush sucks. Would that be a new idea around here? Would a discussion really be necessary? But if I say Obama sucks, THAT challenges the TNL consensus. I enjoy challenging conventional wisdom, especially people who blindly follow parties and politicians. Since it seems TNL blindly follows the left-wing paradigm, that is what I tend to challenge.

I keep hearing about all the hate and racism on the right, as if it only exists on the right....but as soon as I point out how much exists on the left, people like you make this into a thread about my so-called preferences, as if any of that is relevant anyway. Truth is, I probably wouldn't have bothered posting this if it weren't for the wild and ignorant accusations of "hate" and "intolerance" at Glenn Beck's rally, when in fact, none could be found anywhere (no matter how hard the media tried). Who else would have challenged that around here? For those who see "hate" where none exists, I can only say perhaps it is they who are full of hate.

I think Cusack is symbolic of the hate mongers on the left, a place where hate supposedly doesn't exist. We're led to believe the left is enlightened, progressive, and tolerant. The right wingers are evil, intolerant, and hateful. But I guess it's easy consider yourself open-minded and tolerant as long as everyone else thinks exactly as you do. Right?
slamminshaun

Postby Bling on 01 Sep 2010 12:44

bush and obama both suck

Bill Clinton and Reagan FTW
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby Dade on 01 Sep 2010 12:56

slamminshaun wrote:Again, virtually the entire board is already anti-Republican/anti-Bush, and has been for as long as I've been posting here, what purpose would more anti-Republican/anti-Bush threads serve? Bush sucks. Would that be a new idea around here? Would a discussion really be necessary? But if I say Obama sucks, THAT challenges the TNL consensus. I enjoy challenging conventional wisdom, especially people who blindly follow parties and politicians. Since it seems TNL blindly follows the left-wing paradigm, that is what I tend to challenge.

I keep hearing about all the hate and racism on the right, as if it only exists on the right....but as soon as I point out how much exists on the left, people like you make this into a thread about my so-called preferences, as if any of that is relevant anyway. Truth is, I probably wouldn't have bothered posting this if it weren't for the wild and ignorant accusations of "hate" and "intolerance" at Glenn Beck's rally, when in fact, none could be found anywhere (no matter how hard the media tried). Who else would have challenged that around here? For those who see "hate" where none exists, I can only say perhaps it is they who are full of hate.

I think Cusack is symbolic of the hate mongers on the left, a place where hate supposedly doesn't exist. We're led to believe the left is enlightened, progressive, and tolerant. The right wingers are evil, intolerant, and hateful. But I guess it's easy consider yourself open-minded and tolerant as long as everyone else thinks exactly as you do. Right?

Well....I was not trying to make this into a thread about anything, Shaun. I simply asked you a question because it occurred to me after reading your post. That's how normal conversations happen.

I've never labored under the misconception that the right has a monopoly on hate. They also don't have a monopoly on stupidity. If you think that's my position, you're sadly mistaken.

It just appears as though you really do have a preference. Your claims notwithstanding, your words and attitudes seem to say different.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 02 Sep 2010 11:20

Death threats for putting up a billboard?

more here
slamminshaun

Postby Dade on 02 Sep 2010 11:30

slamminshaun wrote:Death threats for putting up a billboard?

more here

Wow....you believe everything you read in any wacky blog. That's the funny part. If the guy says he received death threats, it must be true, right? It must also mean that those threats came from liberals? You really are something.

Tell me again about how Nancy Pelosi lied about the swastikas while we're at it....

We sure could have used you and your truth squad when Bush was telling stories of WMD, but you were nowhere to be found on that one.
Dade

Postby slamminshaun on 02 Sep 2010 12:36

Dade wrote:
slamminshaun wrote:Death threats for putting up a billboard?

more here

Wow....you believe everything you read in any wacky blog. That's the funny part.

What's so "wacky" about the source I used?
slamminshaun

Next

Return to talk about Anything