Miami night club news from the source

SkyNet to compete on "Jeopardy!"

Your source for autistic screeching.

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 17 Jun 2010 10:21

SkyNet to compete on "Jeopardy!"

Over the rest of the day, Watson went on a tear, winning four of six games. It displayed remarkable facility with cultural trivia (“This action flick starring Roy Scheider in a high-tech police helicopter was also briefly a TV series” — “What is ‘Blue Thunder’?”), science (“The greyhound originated more than 5,000 years ago in this African country, where it was used to hunt gazelles” — “What is Egypt?”) and sophisticated wordplay (“Classic candy bar that’s a female Supreme Court justice” — “What is Baby Ruth Ginsburg?”).

By the end of the day, the seven human contestants were impressed, and even slightly unnerved, by Watson. Several made references to Skynet, the computer system in the “Terminator” movies that achieves consciousness and decides humanity should be destroyed.
more...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 17 Jun 2010 10:57

Re: SkyNet to compete on "Jeopardy!"

Nice.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 12 Jul 2013 11:34

The rise of the machines.

JMT

Postby JMT on 20 Sep 2013 18:40

JMT

Postby JMT on 12 Aug 2014 18:26

Air Force officer proposes a robot fighter with minimal human control

The Week wrote:"A tactically autonomous, machine-piloted aircraft … will bring new and unmatched lethality to air-to-air combat," Byrnes writes in Air and Space Power Journal.

JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 12 Aug 2014 19:14

JMT wrote:Air Force officer proposes a robot fighter with minimal human control

The Week wrote:"A tactically autonomous, machine-piloted aircraft … will bring new and unmatched lethality to air-to-air combat," Byrnes writes in Air and Space Power Journal.

This is exactly why I stopped working on automated target recognition for the Department of Defense. Look at the Israeli Spot and Strike system, where female soldiers kill Palestinians in the no-go zone in the Gaza Ghetto by remote control. Why are humans involved at all? There is a no-go zone where anything in the zone is fair game, so a computer could do the job. Then you don't even need to dehumanize your enemy and keep the killing at arm's length through remote control. You just delegate the task of zapping the bugs to the computers.

It's fucking horrifying, and it's the kind of thing that's possible through the very scary combination of dehumanization and automation. Fully automating a killing machine on an industrial scale is even worse than personally herding people into gas chambers, because the detachment eliminates the few remaining emotional barriers standing in the way of genocide. This has been obvious to me since I was in college, working on fully automated killing machines. It's wrong, so I stopped.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 09 Feb 2015 13:27

JMT

Postby apotheosis on 09 Feb 2015 17:25

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/florida-reverend-christopher-benek-wants-convert-artificial-intelligence-christianity-1486912

"I don't see Christ's redemption limited to human beings," Benek said in an interview with the futurist Zoltan Istvan.

:lol:
apotheosis

Purpose of your visit?: a

Postby JMT on 11 Mar 2015 17:22

Liquid metal brings shape-shifting robot a step closer

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby JMT on 18 Jul 2015 12:52

Autonomous car laps race track faster than human

Now, we don’t know (though you can be sure Audi does) how fast a human can get around Sonoma in an RS7, nor what grade of ‘sports car driver’ the autonomous car outpaced. Not least, presumably, because any self-respecting racing driver for hire wouldn’t want it publically known that he or she had just been thrashed by a robot.

But it’s a moot point whether the RS7, on this occasion, lapped Sonoma quicker than Seb Vettel or merely Taki Inoue. Because, sooner rather than later, a self-driving car will be monstering circuits faster than any human. An unbeatable, perfect autonomous racer.

JMT

Next

Return to talk about Anything