Miami night club news from the source

The Chocolate Report

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby Ryan on 08 Oct 2007 20:49

The Chocolate Report

Between Dove 63% Cacao Extra Dark Chocolate, and Hershey's Cacao Reserve Santo Domingo (67%), it's the Hershey's that wins.

The Dove has a glossy sheen and it tastes simple and waxy. The Hershey's is harder, and it has a matte finish. The taste of the Hershey's is WAY richer and more complex. It's superb. I'm putting Hershey's on top.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Oni on 09 Oct 2007 09:27

Re: The Chocolate Report

Do you eat it alone or with something? As i get older i find that i much prefer dark chocolate over milk or even semi sweet. Is that happening to anyone else?
Oni

Purpose of your visit?: Ummmmm what

Postby lulamishka on 09 Oct 2007 09:47

Oni wrote:Do you eat it alone or with something? As i get older i find that i much prefer dark chocolate over milk or even semi sweet. Is that happening to anyone else?

I prefer semi-sweet over bitter chocolate. And I like milk & white chocolate the least.
lulamishka

House is food and you need it! If I feed it, you should EAT it!

Postby Ryan on 09 Oct 2007 17:31

Oni wrote:Do you eat it alone or with something? As i get older i find that i much prefer dark chocolate over milk or even semi sweet. Is that happening to anyone else?

Yes, me too definitely. Same thing with coffee, as I get older I don't mind tasting the coffee without lots of Starbuckification. I had to realize how good coffee itself can be when it's good to get there. Same deal with chocolate, as I learn more about the richness of the cocoa it doesn't seem bitter any more.

My favorite thing to go with it is Nassau Royale. It's kind of like a rum-based Southern Comfort. Very sweet cordial rum.

And yeah man that white stuff is just nasty.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Return to talk about Dining