Miami night club news from the source

Daily Cocaine

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby Ryan on 05 Oct 2007 12:06

Daily Cocaine

What a funny name for a Miami foodie blog...

I saw it at Stop Miami.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby lulamishka on 05 Oct 2007 12:17

Re: Daily Cocaine

Ryan wrote:What a funny name for a Miami foodie blog...

I saw it at Stop Miami.

Haha, yeah. It is a funny name.

I found it via mango&lime
lulamishka

Postby Ryan on 05 Oct 2007 12:26

lulamishka wrote:I found it via mango&lime

Oh wow, cool one, I hadn't seen that.

So what gizmos do we need in here? You've been doing such a kickass job with the restaurant reviews that I wanted to build tech to organize and present them better, and I want to add recipes and anything else that our foodies think would be fun.

I've been thinking for a looooong time about adding a recipe database as a sub-forum. Any other restaurant fans also cook at home? My wife and I cook from recipes on the Cooking Light web site all the time and then we rate each one. Many of the recipes are better than many of the restaurants that we try. I was thinking about a special searchable subforum for posting reviews.
Ryan

Mark Twain

Postby lulamishka on 05 Oct 2007 12:54

Ryan wrote:
lulamishka wrote:I found it via mango&lime

Oh wow, cool one, I hadn't seen that.

So what gizmos do we need in here? You've been doing such a kickass job with the restaurant reviews that I wanted to build tech to organize and present them better, and I want to add recipes and anything else that our foodies think would be fun.

I've been thinking for a looooong time about adding a recipe database as a sub-forum. Any other restaurant fans also cook at home? My wife and I cook from recipes on the Cooking Light web site all the time and then we rate each one. Many of the recipes are better than many of the restaurants that we try. I was thinking about a special searchable subforum for posting reviews.

Aww, thank you! I really appreciate hearing that my reviews are appreciated. lol! :) And I don't mind moving my reviews over here to create content, if need be.

I'll have to give some thought as to what gizmos we need here. But I do like the idea of (and this is if I'm understanding you correctly) grouping the reviews together somehow and having a section for recipes. Hell, I know I have TONS of recipes I can share. Many I haven't tried, though. Some I have. Haha. Not many posted recipes before on FJ, but that doesn't mean we can't now in here.
lulamishka

House is food and you need it! If I feed it, you should EAT it!

Postby lulamishka on 05 Oct 2007 13:00

Ya know, I kinda feel like "talk about Restaurants" should be "talk about (something else)".

Since its for anything food related and not just restaurants.
lulamishka

House is food and you need it! If I feed it, you should EAT it!

Postby Ryan on 05 Oct 2007 13:03

lulamishka wrote:I'll have to give some thought as to what gizmos we need here. But I do like the idea of (and this is if I'm understanding you correctly) grouping the reviews together somehow and having a section for recipes.

Right, grouping them together and making them searchable is pretty easy, and now that you can upload images you don't need to use photobucket or imageshack or whatever. What I want to add on top of that is a rating system. They have a pretty cool rating system on the recipes at the Food Network site and I'd like to set up something like that. Once I get the basic forum working right of course.

My wife finds a lot of our favorite recipes in the Cooking Light message forum. We can't just steal and re-print recipes because of copyright, but we can point to good ones that we've tried.
Ryan

Mark Twain

Postby Ryan on 05 Oct 2007 14:16

lulamishka wrote:Ya know, I kinda feel like "talk about Restaurants" should be "talk about (something else)".

Since its for anything food related and not just restaurants.

You're right, I did miss this one, sorry. Busy day.

I agree, I wanted to call it "talk about Food". But the overall purpose of the site is "nightlife", so we have to tie each section into that. I kept "Foodies" in the subtitle because that's what it's really all about. (And a lot of my reviews will be lunch, in the daytime!)

We agreed yesterday to change the first forum's title from "talk about Night Clubs" to "talk about Nightlife" and I'm real happy about that one. Obviously I love night clubs but there's more to life, and to nightlife.
Ryan

Mark Twain

Return to talk about Dining