Miami night club news from the source

Women that dont cook...

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby Lola on 21 Jul 2011 15:17

Re: Women that dont cook...

I know how to cook and handle power tools :)
Lola

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby SWANK on 21 Jul 2011 17:55

DannyD wrote:My mom cooks, but my dad is the one that cooks really good food..

haha, was like that in my house too......I finally figured out why.

My parents both worked but my Dad traveled alot so my Mom would have to prepare our meals daily after a day at work....while Dad would blow into the kitchen and whip up these wonderful meals on the weekends because it wasn't as much of a chore as a great pleasure for him.

Both myself and my wife cook but like with my parents, my kids think I'm the fancy chef, and my wife is a good cook...like Tech's wife always looking stuff up online. It's obvious Tech has no children because I don't know where in the world my wife would find 2hrs/day to surf recipes... :o
SWANK

Purpose of your visit?: .
:::house music is a spiritual thing:::

Postby Dade on 22 Jul 2011 09:28

When I was a child, my Father told me, "Learn to cook...it's one less thing you have to look for in a woman." That was a bit sexist but it's served me well.

I love to cook. I've been to culinary school and am pretty good in the kitchen. However, my wife and I split cooking duties almost evenly because we both want to cook.

Tech's story rings quite a bell with me because it was the same for us. Rebecca didn't cook at all when we met and has learned over the years to be really good at it and to enjoy it.
Dade

Postby Electronic Foodie on 23 Jul 2011 10:15

Re: Re:

Michael^Heaven wrote:Man or woman...everyone needs to know how to cook. Period.

This :!:
Electronic Foodie

Purpose of your visit?: Electronic Music + Food

Postby coach on 26 Jul 2011 17:42

Dade wrote:Tech's story rings quite a bell with me because it was the same for us. Rebecca didn't cook at all when we met and has learned over the years to be really good at it and to enjoy it.

Funny, Annette was the same way.

I learned to cook young because I was a whiney eater. My mom's rule (more or less was), "if you don't like what I fix, fix something yourself," so I did.

Annette, on the other hand, lived across the street from her grandmother. Her grandmother used to own a restaurant, and was the primary cook there. She was a spectacular cook and loved to do it. Plus, being retired, she had plenty of time to do so. Needless to say, Annette never needed to learn to cook.

Now, she is an awesome cook. We both are, really. And we can swap out, depending on who is inspired and who is less tired. I do think that everyone would be more happy if they know how to cook.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby coach on 26 Jul 2011 17:44

Devilicious wrote:you should not obsess over divvying up the responsibilities right down the middle, but rather decide who is better at what (and consider who hates what the most) to divide the chores fairly

I absolutely hate to and refuse to take out the trash. I was forced to do this as a child, and I told Annette I would not do it, ever (except in dire emergencies). In exchange for that, I get to clean the toilet and bathtub, which requires more time and effort, but is not taking out the trash. Ergo, we are both happy!
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby Dade on 26 Jul 2011 21:10

coach wrote:Annette, on the other hand, lived across the street from her grandmother. Her grandmother used to own a restaurant, and was the primary cook there. She was a spectacular cook and loved to do it. Plus, being retired, she had plenty of time to do so. Needless to say, Annette never needed to learn to cook.

My mother is a fantastic cook of Jamaican food. I used to hang and watch her cook because I wanted to know how she did it. Between her and our immigrant maids, I got a healthy dose of kitchen knowledge. I wanted to learn some actual knife skills and classical technique so I took culinary classes in Paris for several months.
Dade

Previous

Return to talk about Dining