Miami night club news from the source

Women that dont cook...

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby LeVeL on 18 Jul 2011 09:28

Women that dont cook...

It seems more common these days. I am a MAN!!!! I love to cook, anything!

I understand times have changed. Working moms are working hard to sustain households where fathers are lacking. Their schedules are overlapping; kids are going in different directions; money is short and a lot of other things have to be considered.

Me and a couple of buddies were having this conversation and thought I would share. It seems women want more from a man these days but cannot complete a cooking task.

Is this due to the way a woman is being raised, lazyness or just plain ignorance to not want to do it.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Bling on 18 Jul 2011 09:59

Re: Women that dont cook...

lol u just opened up a can of worms with this one

waiting for norah to post in 3.....2........1
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby DannyD on 18 Jul 2011 11:01

I've always been the cook in every relationship that I've been in. My mom cooks, but my dad is the one that cooks really good food...I do it out of pleasure, not from obligation.
Now, how many great chefs are women?
I don't like the "women have to cook " scenario though...
DannyD

Location: My house is your house and in my house there's only house music
Purpose of your visit?: to Talk about Nightlife in South Florida

Postby TechJunkie on 18 Jul 2011 12:11

When I met my wife, she resented the idea that women should be the ones who do the household chores like cooking and cleaning. I'm Cajun and I impressed her with the few things that I knew how to cook. But that wasn't much.

Ten years later, she cooks every single night. She taught herself to cook from watching cooking shows, and now she spends probably two hours a day collecting recipes from magazines and the Internet and doing nutrition calculations and cataloging and tagging and rating the ones that she has cooked. She collects and experiments with recipes like DJs collect music. And she's constantly stalking ingredients. She turns me down a lot when I try to take her out to restaurants because she's got some recipe that she wants to try instead. The idea of that happening would have seemed like a joke back when I met her when she was in law school. But now she doesn't resent having the "cook" role in our relationship because it's something that she enjoys.

I was thrilled to have her when she didn't cook and had no idea how. Now that she's really good at it and she does it every day, that's just a bonus. People change.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby coach on 18 Jul 2011 12:59

The fact that your woman does not want to cook for you probably indicates you are not holding up your end of things in other areas, ifyouknowwhatimean.

People always try to blame other people for their own shortcomings.

That being said, I think all things in the household should be shared evenly. That is not to say that the guy should cook M/W/F and the woman T/T/S, with each alternating Sundays. That means that ALL household responsibilities should be gathered together and divvied up so that each person is contributing an equivalent number of hours and effort to the success of the household. I dunno, to me, that is really simple and has worked for us for many years.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby Devilicious on 18 Jul 2011 14:30

coach wrote:The fact that your woman does not want to cook for you probably indicates you are not holding up your end of things in other areas, ifyouknowwhatimean.

People always try to blame other people for their own shortcomings.

That being said, I think all things in the household should be shared evenly. That is not to say that the guy should cook M/W/F and the woman T/T/S, with each alternating Sundays. That means that ALL household responsibilities should be gathered together and divvied up so that each person is contributing an equivalent number of hours and effort to the success of the household. I dunno, to me, that is really simple and has worked for us for many years.

Great post :lol:

And you're completely right about the household chores/duties. There's a new book out called Spousonomics, and the basic idea behind it is that you should not obsess over divvying up the responsibilities right down the middle, but rather decide who is better at what (and consider who hates what the most) to divide the chores fairly. I haven't read the book but here's the link http://www.spousonomics.com/

It's pretty simple to me: if one person likes home cooked meals so much, then they should get in the kitchen and start cooking.
Devilicious

Postby Michael^Heaven on 19 Jul 2011 08:01

Re:

Man or woman...everyone needs to know how to cook. Period.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby Lola on 19 Jul 2011 15:49

Wow i feel sorry for people that don't know how to cook. I mean helloooo, its food.

I love to cook but find it difficult being on my own and or hardly home. But i can get around the kitchen and i get no complaints when i do whip up a meal.... i'm so glad i can cook. lol

As far as splitting the chores - that's for the couple to decide what works best for them.
Lola

Postby norah on 20 Jul 2011 06:36

Level, go make me a sandwich and bring a beer while you are at it.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby LeVeL on 21 Jul 2011 09:14

norah wrote:Level, go make me a sandwich and bring a beer while you are at it.

LOL..yes master!!

The purpose of the thread is not to bash women but it seems to be a common thing these days. Women dont cook, now I was raised by a single mom which thought me the ins and out of taking care of a home from both a perspective of a man and a woman.

I consider myself a very good cook and find it very unattractive when women doesn't know how to do her part in the home. Its like having a man who doesn't have the capability to utilize a drill/hammer, mow lawn, take out trash etc.

I am sure other men in this forum have experienced this first hand.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Next

Return to talk about Dining