Miami night club news from the source

Top Chef All-Stars

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby lulamishka on 29 Dec 2010 15:49

Re: Top Chef All-Stars

I am so loving this season!
lulamishka

House is food and you need it! If I feed it, you should EAT it!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Devilicious on 07 Jan 2011 10:23

This week's episode was infuriating!
Devilicious

Postby Soozin on 14 Jan 2011 00:04

what an upset!
Soozin

Postby lulamishka on 14 Jan 2011 00:22

I actually wasn't that upset with last night's double elimination.
lulamishka

Postby Devilicious on 14 Jan 2011 10:28

[spoilers]

I didn't mind seeing those two individuals be cut per se, but I thought it was unfair that they gave the guys a pass. Their dish clearly sucked and either Blais or Marcel should've gone home, imo. But finally, Jaime goes home. How lame was she this time around? I guess scallops really are the only thing she knows how to cook.

So happy to see Carla kicking ass. She is being true to herself and doing very well at it!
Devilicious

Postby lulamishka on 14 Jan 2011 11:08

Devilicious wrote:[spoilers]

I didn't mind seeing those two individuals be cut per se, but I thought it was unfair that they gave the guys a pass. Their dish clearly sucked and either Blais or Marcel should've gone home, imo. But finally, Jaime goes home. How lame was she this time around? I guess scallops really are the only thing she knows how to cook.

So happy to see Carla kicking ass. She is being true to herself and doing very well at it!

[spoilers, too]

Yeah, I definitely thought Marcel was a goner, but they picked Tiffany. I guess leaving that blood line in that blue fish (?) must've been much worse than whatever issues were in the dish Marcel/Blaise/Fabio did. Even Carla remarked earlier in the episode how you need to take that blood line out of that fish to not have that pungent/fishy/strong flavor (Carla had the same fish Tiffany had).

And yes, FINALLY Jaime goes home! I totally remembered when Fabio said in their season that this isn't Top Scallop LOL [they showed the clip]. So true, Fabio.

And yes, I, too, am happy to see Carla kicking ass! When she listens to gut instinct she never fails. I remember in that tennis match episode earlier this season how Dale questioned her doing that African vegetarian peanut soup and thought it was a mistake for her to make it. She did it, and won the challenge. Go Carla!
lulamishka

Postby JMT on 20 Jan 2011 01:01

I heart restaurant wars.
JMT

Postby Devilicious on 21 Jan 2011 19:43

Finally I agree with the judges' decision on something!
Devilicious

Postby JMT on 15 Mar 2011 19:24

I fell behind and am still catching up, but this season has been excellent! A lot of great twists. The challenge with the crappy snack foods when they were on the boat to Ellis Island was one of my favorite challenges of all time, haha.

P.S. I can't tell if I like watching TS before, or after, I have eaten.
JMT

Postby Devilicious on 16 Mar 2011 09:00

hahaa... I can't watch TC when I'm hungry. Nothing I can make or get my hands on ever seems good enough.

It's been an awesome season for sure. My feelings on a lot of the cast members have changed as we've seen more of them. I have a clear favorite now in Antonia, personality and food-wise.
Devilicious

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Dining