Miami night club news from the source

Any new "cheap eats" in SOBE worth recommending?

Restaurants, gourmet news, and foodie playground.

Moderator: lulamishka

Postby Devilicious on 20 Oct 2010 15:51

Re: Any new "cheap eats" in SOBE worth recommending?

coach wrote:Great thread, Macboy.

There is a Naked Pizza opening up on the corner of 13th and Washington. Looks kind of interesting.

I bought a Groupon for Naked Pizza yesterday. Let me know if you guys want to hit it up.
Devilicious

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 29 Oct 2010 13:54

Anybody notice we are getting a Pizza Fusion? Of course, it is in that monstrosity that I hate so much at 5th & Alton, but I still want to check it out.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby oingo-boingo on 15 May 2011 14:10

Devilicious wrote:I got a to go order from Picnic last weekend and I will never be back (I even have a groupon for $15 off that I'd rather let go to waste than eat at Picnic again).

I really wanted to like this place. I think it has a cute pitch and the fact that it got reamed in the Dumpster Fire made me want to prove them wrong. Among the reasons I won't support this business: the menu items were each at least $2 more costly than advertised online, the bartender tried repeatedly to trick me into the already included 18% tip (on a to go order, remember), one of the items we ordered was left out, and the food was subpar.

We ordered Mac & Cheese spring rolls thinking they would be deliciously indulgent, but the crust was chewy and made of egg roll paper (not at all like a Spring Roll), and the pasta was dried out, like it had been sitting in open air for hours.

If you do want to try Picnic, I think you should do it soon. I picked up my order at 9pm on a Saturday night and there was one customer there. One.

Well... Picnic didn't stay open very long! :mrgreen:
oingo-boingo

Purpose of your visit?: Discussion forums.

Postby Devilicious on 15 May 2011 14:41

oingo-boingo wrote:
Devilicious wrote:I got a to go order from Picnic last weekend and I will never be back (I even have a groupon for $15 off that I'd rather let go to waste than eat at Picnic again).

I really wanted to like this place. I think it has a cute pitch and the fact that it got reamed in the Dumpster Fire made me want to prove them wrong. Among the reasons I won't support this business: the menu items were each at least $2 more costly than advertised online, the bartender tried repeatedly to trick me into the already included 18% tip (on a to go order, remember), one of the items we ordered was left out, and the food was subpar.

We ordered Mac & Cheese spring rolls thinking they would be deliciously indulgent, but the crust was chewy and made of egg roll paper (not at all like a Spring Roll), and the pasta was dried out, like it had been sitting in open air for hours.

If you do want to try Picnic, I think you should do it soon. I picked up my order at 9pm on a Saturday night and there was one customer there. One.

Well... Picnic didn't stay open very long! :mrgreen:

At all!

New cheap eat to check out: Keese's Simply Delicious. Salads, falafel, gyros, and general yumminess. They deliver and it's well priced. There's a location in Ft. Lauderdale which has been open for 30 years or something.
Devilicious

Postby oingo-boingo on 15 May 2011 14:55

Devilicious wrote:
New cheap eat to check out: Keese's Simply Delicious. Salads, falafel, gyros, and general yumminess. They deliver and it's well priced. There's a location in Ft. Lauderdale which has been open for 30 years or something.

I shall be the judge of the gyros' authenticity. NOT YOU!
Also, yumminess is NOT a real word. :geek:
oingo-boingo

Purpose of your visit?: Discussion forums.

Postby Devilicious on 15 May 2011 16:20

oingo-boingo wrote:
Devilicious wrote:

I shall be the judge of the gyros' authenticity. NOT YOU!
Also, yumminess is NOT a real word. :geek:

Reaaaaally? I had no idea :roll:

Please note I did NOT say the gyros were authentic. I said they are YUMMY! But feel free to chime in. The salads are really superb - lemon avocado and portabella chicken especially.
Devilicious

Previous

Return to talk about Dining