Miami night club news from the source

Avicii dead at 28

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 20 Apr 2018 14:00

Avicii dead at 28

pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: 57-N-231
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 20 Apr 2018 14:30

Re: Avicii dead at 28

Just saw the news now. I am very surprised of his death, but at the same time he had some medical set-backs in the past.

To die in Omen of all places instead of surrounded by love ones. The guys was only 28 years old for god's sake.

Love his music or not, the guy blew up bigtime.

rest in peace
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 20 Apr 2018 14:46

Nightlife kills early and often.

He was one of the first electronic music DJ/producers to "skip the line" - he was a decent enough DJ, then he cranked out that one song and the PR machine went into overdrive. He went from $25K/night to $200K/night in no time at all. Millionaire before he was 21. It's happened often enough in the popular music world, with sometimes the same tragic results.

Prior to that, the hitmaker DJs (Guetta, Tiësto, SHM, etc...) all were older and cut their chops in the scene before their success. Their hard party days were way behind them by the time the big success hit.

Think about it, Guetta was in his 30s before anyone outside of dance music knew who he was. By the time his big success hit, he was married and mostly "done" with partying.

Imagine being 19 or 20 and having millions and all the free booze, bitches, and party favors you wanted.

Nonetheless, RIP.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby davenavarro on 22 Apr 2018 10:08

So is the death of Avicii another sign that EDM is dead? Kind of like how Kurt Cobain's death signaled the end of grunge?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby LeVeL on 25 Apr 2018 09:53

davenavarro wrote:So is the death of Avicii another sign that EDM is dead? Kind of like how Kurt Cobain's death signaled the end of grunge?

LOL no EDM is not dead. Rock Music is more dead at this point.

New Rock Music is hard to come by these days. Yes, Indie Rock and other sub-genre's are still doing well.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Bling on 26 Apr 2018 12:06

Family saying was suicide
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby pod on 26 Apr 2018 12:38

Bling wrote:Family saying was suicide

Not surprising, both from the perspective of Avicii and the perspective of Swedes.

Having spent many months over in Sweden thus far, I can tell you one thing that the Swedes do have a high suicide rate. They are actually quite open and honest about it. It's higher than ours, which can be attributed to their "it is what it is" attitude about it.

From Avicii's perspective, it's not surprising. Tour life, especially for a young person, can be lonely, even though your surrounded by people almost all the time. I wasn't the "star" when I toured but I can tell you it got old after awhile. Sleeping on green room couches and living out of a suitcase.

In my current travels I have a house, car, and gym. Helps a lot.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Nightlife