Miami night club news from the source

Jamie Jones, Black Coffee Vegas 2018 Residency- thoughts?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby colione98 on 07 Jan 2018 23:16

Re: Jamie Jones, Black Coffee Vegas 2018 Residency- thoughts

And here is the thing... All this hush, hush, has now me putting my investigative cap on... (of course, I will not compromise anyone and their position). As an intuitive feeler, I am always about the why and big picture...

After all, this is what "talk nightlife" is all about, heh?... Another observation...

P.S. - We need a crop of young generation nightlife investigators on the scene- otherwise, TNL is dead as we once knew it... The old bucks have too much at steak to risk their reputations, but THAT SHOULDN'T STOP the new crop..

The old heads have a RESPONSIBILITY to teach the new generation and pass the torch- stop being stingy!
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Jan 2018 13:21

This site can't be the institution that passes on wisdom to the next generation because it's too insular. It would rather get crusty and die of old age.

colione98 wrote:The observation is exactly what I am referencing- we tell our peers to stay underground, while we go off and make an undisclosed amount of money and mingle with our undisclosed peer members. I see it as a positive, but many see it as selling out..

I won't deny selling out. You have to make money to have kids and a nice life and stuff. Most young people in the nightlife industry eventually 'sell out' by becoming real estate agents or investment bankers or wedding photographers or whatever. To make a living. I at least stayed in nightlife. And back to the topic of the thread, the Black Coffee residency isn't about the love of underground music. It's a calculated business decis[Secret Service agents tackle Techjunkie and take away his phone]
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby colione98 on 09 Jan 2018 02:06

TechJunkie wrote:This site can't be the institution that passes on wisdom to the next generation because it's too insular. It would rather get crusty and die of old age.

colione98 wrote:The observation is exactly what I am referencing- we tell our peers to stay underground, while we go off and make an undisclosed amount of money and mingle with our undisclosed peer members. I see it as a positive, but many see it as selling out..

I won't deny selling out. You have to make money to have kids and a nice life and stuff. Most young people in the nightlife industry eventually 'sell out' by becoming real estate agents or investment bankers or wedding photographers or whatever. To make a living. I at least stayed in nightlife. And back to the topic of the thread, the Black Coffee residency isn't about the love of underground music. It's a calculated business decis[Secret Service agents tackle Techjunkie and take away his phone]

Say no more brother; I got you.. Man, this teasing stuff is what this game is all about.. There will never be another TNL...
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Postby STICKY-ICKY on 02 Apr 2018 21:47

I think it's cool...there are people that go to Vegas who aren't completely deuchey...and would like to listen to better music than Tiesto or Diplo.

But before we get all bent out of shape, it's worth noting that it's not like these guys signed multi-year contracts...from what I heard it's just for 6 months, so basically it's a test run.

Also, little bird told me that a lot depends on how well the in-house drug dealers will do during these nights...before we can call this a success/failure.

I think you guys are corny for acting like the reasoning behind this residency is top secret information...

Also, Black Coffee plays an assortment of music...I would not call him an Afro-House DJ.
STICKY-ICKY

Postby TechJunkie on 04 Apr 2018 18:09

STICKY-ICKY wrote:Also, little bird told me that a lot depends on how well the in-house drug dealers will do during these nights...before we can call this a success/failure.

No. I can call bullshit on that for sure.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife